GPGSL S9 R17 - British GP - Silverstone - Beware of exploding TNRs! [RACE ON-LINE!!!! P62 & 63!!!!][Deadline sending cars & helmets for S10: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
The race was good before the start.

My GPGSL Career
Question:
I have read the rules about driver perfs. The driver perfs are the entire perf points scored during the season divided by 3 added to the starter perf. And for next season it is starter perf+points earned this season/3+points earned next season/3.

Wouldn't the driver perf just get capped at one point if it goes on like that?
--
Or did I understand the rules wrong and that it is the current season perf points scored divided by 3 that are the only thing getting added to the starter perf each season?

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Sorry about my inactivity guys, uni's been absolutely hectic the last few weeks

Horrible race weekend for me it looks like

Dear Mr Santa Claus,

For my Christmas present I would like to have a new engine, with at least 15 BHP more than the one we have at the moment.
I think I do merit it, I've won a race this season and was able to lead the current one, even if it was just for one lap. I've shown my abilities with a weak engine and would like for the forthcoming season have a real one that can bring me to the top of the sheets.

Hopefully you can do something for me.

Yours respectfully,
Eric

EricMoinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear Mr Santa Claus,
>
> For my Christmas present I would like to have a
> new engine, with at least 15 BHP more than the one
> we have at the moment.
> I think I do merit it, I've won a race this season
> and was able to lead the current one, even if it
> was just for one lap. I've shown my abilities with
> a weak engine and would like for the forthcoming
> season have a real one that can bring me to the
> top of the sheets.
>
> Hopefully you can do something for me.
>
> Yours respectfully,
> Eric

Amen!
If I have it correct, driver perfs can get capped. After the points are calculated and divided, all perfs are adjusted down, but not lower than the starter perf. This retains the gaps afaik. Maybe someone else can explain it better. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I know driver perfs can get capped. But if for every season each driver improves on his starter perf by 1/3 of the perf he earned during that season, eventually all those 1/3rds bumped to his starting perf will mean that at the start of one season he'll have so much points that his perf will end up capped.
That is what I meant. :-)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Actually, all drivers perfs are divided by three, but then adjusted with excel wizardry so that the highest perf value is equal to 16065,16095. This is done to keep the top driver at only 45 perf points higher than the base perf. Also, no driver is allowed to be more than 10 perf points better than the next best driver and will be reduced accordingly.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
This is quite an exciting race by recent showings! Good work to the host!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
giomich schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EricMoinet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dear Mr Santa Claus,
> >
> > For my Christmas present I would like to have a
> > new engine, with at least 15 BHP more than the
> one
> > we have at the moment.
> > I think I do merit it, I've won a race this
> season
> > and was able to lead the current one, even if
> it
> > was just for one lap. I've shown my abilities
> with
> > a weak engine and would like for the
> forthcoming
> > season have a real one that can bring me to the
> > top of the sheets.
> >
> > Hopefully you can do something for me.
> >
> > Yours respectfully,
> > Eric
>
> Amen!

Yeah. And please put a set of working tyres on it, too! Still don't know what Stu thought when he swapped to Pirelli this season. Fortunately this nightmare is over in 1 1/2 races. Until then, I'll probably have a @#$%& up end of season matching the @#$%& up season overall.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
MPR on the verge of history. Get on with it ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Thx Rico, Stefan and Carlos for the nice words you made, on me winning the qualifiying (without BOOST).

Looks promising for the One Cars of Stefan and Carlos in there race... comon' guys "put the pedal to the metal" and win this race !!!

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
GPGSL Rd 16 French GP - Race Day

Part 3

Welcome back once again.

Jalving currently sits in 3rd, and must surely be thinking of what went wrong that cost him 2nd position.

Cartwright looks to have his hands full holding off the Demon.

As for the other SCR, Gilson is having a tough day being down the rear end of the field.

Warrington has managed to get by Pedersen.

We have another yellow flag situation.

And here is the reason why the yellow flags are out. Rodriguez is in the wall, and one of the MPRs is in the sand. We need to see a replay to see exactly what happened.

As the replay shows, Rodriguez was attempting a passing move on Jalving.

However, Rodriguez got crossed up and ended up making contact with Jalving.

As a result, both cars spin out into the sand, with Rodriguez ending up in the wall.

Jalving would be absolutely fuming right now.

Jalving manages to make it back onto the track as the timing confirms Rodriguez’s retirement.

With Jalving now out of the podium picture, Greidanus no longer has to worry about what is behind him.

Van Renselaar now sits in 3rd.

Oh no, Greidanus has run off the track.

The replay shows that he went off all on his own, in the same place that Elleker went off earlier.

Fortunately, he manages to miss the wall by inches.

Greidanus has managed to get back onto the track, but now sits in last place. He will most certainly not be happy right now.

Greenhalgh’s lead is now out to almost 20s.

As a result of Greidanus throwing his podium position away, Legge has now moved up into 3rd.

Moinet has closed up onto the back of Cremasco’s MAC.

And now finds himself in front.

As we go onboard with Cremasco, let’s check out the current standings.

As we were onboard with Cremasco, we saw Kederer go on by. And according to the split, he is starting to slowly close in on Moinet.

As for Cremasco, it looks like his car has given up the ghost as a trail of smoke is spewing out of the engine. Surely that means the end of the race for the MAC driver.

But what’s this? Cremasco goes to pull off to the side of the road, only to end up on the pitlane entry.

Talk about being let off the hook. Cremasco is able to come in and get the problem fixed up. Meanwhile, we have another yellow flag situation.

This is the reason for the yellow flag. Maverick has beached it in the sandtrap at the first corner.

As the replay shows, he did it on his own.

He manages to rejoin the track and is able to continue on.

Cremasco should be thankful that he gets to continue on.

Horvath and Karjalainen are doing quite well.

There’s been a change of position between Warrington and Nell.

Now Nell needs to watch out for Pedersen who isn’t too far behind him.

Once again, Cartwright seems to have his hands full holding back the cars behind him.

We go onboard with Gilson now as he tries to get alongside Kittleson down the straight.

However, the speed of the Snake proves to be too much for the SCR to handle, so Gilson ends up staying behind.

McCarthy must surely be getting fed up being stuck behind Cartwright.

With the race drawing nearer to the finish, let’s check out the current standings.

Time for our final break. We hope to be able to bring the last part to you very soon.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL Rd 16 French GP - Race Day

Part 4

Welcome back for the final time.

Yet again we have ourselves a yellow flag situation.

This time it is Gilson who has brought the yellow flags out.

As the replay shows, he did it all on his own.

Gilson isn’t the only one who ran off. The Snake is off, as is the other SCR.

Greenhalgh just seems to get further out in front every lap.

With not many laps left to go, let’s see the current standings.

Moinet continues to apply the pressure onto Legge.

Karjalainen now seems to be in front of Horvath. What could’ve happened to the TNR #1 driver?

My word. Horvath’s engine has given up the ghost in a spectacular fashion. Seems the word around the paddock about the engines in the TNRs have turned out to be true.

As a result, the TNR driver is just a sitting duck for the cars behind to pass.

Jalving is challenging Cartwright down the straight.

But the MPR driver is unable to get by.

Horvath finally pulls off to the side to retire from the race.

The timing shows how the top 10 have moved since the start.

Moinet is doing the best he can to keep in touch with Legge ahead. Meanwhile, the timing shows that Allington has lost a position to Karjalainen.

Nell in the other Demon has his hands full having to defend from McCarthy.

It seems that nobody can stop Greenhalgh.

Moinet is now onto the podium.

Even Kederer has managed to get by Legge.

Cartwright is in trouble yet again.

Greenhalgh has managed to close in onto the back of Maverick.

Not long after, he has managed to lap both Maverick and Gilson.

Greenhalgh has been untouchable all race. He took the lead at the start, managed to regain it back after the stops, and never once looked back.

He comes out of the final corner for the final time.

And he crosses the line to win the French GP.

Van Renselaar crosses the line to finish 2nd.

And Moinet rounds off the podium in 3rd.

This race has indeed been a very important one here today, as it has most likely shaped up the scenarios for the finale. A massive congratulations goes to Ed Greenhalgh and MPR, our winners of the French GP. Both team and driver had a mission here today, and they have managed to achieve it. Anyways, that marks the end of an incredible weekend of racing. There is only one round left to go before we can crown the champion of Season 9, so we hope to see you all back here with us when we bring you all the action from Silverstone. This is GPGTV.Org/Farked, signing out from Dijon. Goodbye everyone.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Superb drives from the two Demon boys in tough conditions! Well done guys. Great stuff. (Y)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Goddammit, 3rd seemed to be a poisoned chalice. I really pissed that podium away...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Just saw the pizza ad-boards, what's going on with all the pizzas over here?
--
Never seen a driver not retiring after an engine failure in GP4. Cremasco got very lucky there it seems ;)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Woot, nice to finish in 4th, certainly didn't expect that. Gutted for Ruben though, could have been such a strong team result :(

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
What a major fu.ck up from me, no words can describe how pissed off I am. :-(

This is truly a season with many lows and a very few highs, things became more worse than last season.

I can't wait to be a team manager than a race driver.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2014 11:17AM by Turbo Lover.
The fight for the championship is over for me, ruined by Rodriguez!!! I was in a very good position to fight for the podium, lost some time with the pitstop but we were fighting for the top spots.. But now all is gone..

Let this be a lesson for this reckless driver Rodriguez, if you are not completely next / passed someone you cant take the turn.. You need to back off and try again! You ruined your own race, and my championship..

I managed to get back on track though, I was fighting like hell to get back inside the points.. With Gilson scoring 0 points this was the opportunity I was waiting for..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy