GPGSL S9 R17 - British GP - Silverstone - Beware of exploding TNRs! [RACE ON-LINE!!!! P62 & 63!!!!][Deadline sending cars & helmets for S10: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
GPGSL Rd 16 French GP – Qualifying

Hello once again, and welcome back to Dijon. We are almost ready for the start of the very crucial qualifying session that may shape up the path to the championship finale. Gilson is the current championship leader, but both Greenhalgh and Jalving are within striking distance and will do everything they can to demote the SCR driver out of the lead. So, without further ado, let’s head trackside as the cars are now ready to get the session underway.

Weather Report

First out of the pits to get the first group of drivers first runs started is Greenhalgh.

As he is the first man out, he sets the benchmark time.

Greenhalgh’s time is good enough to hold off Kederer, Scala and Maverick.

Kittleson sets a decent laptime.

His teammate however manages to go quicker.

Half a second behind Greenhalgh’s time is not what Gilson would’ve wanted to see.

Van Renselaar puts in a very nice lap to slot into 2nd.

Karjalainen puts in his laptime, which is good enough for 8th.

McCarthy slots into 6th with a reasonable laptime.

Elleker sets his laptime, and slots into 9th. He’ll be slightly disappointed with that result.

With the first runs now completed for the first group, let’s check out the current standings.

Warrington is first out for the second group of drivers.

Warrington’s time ends up being the slowest so far.

Pedersen puts in a good lap to slot himself into 6th.

Nell’s laptime sees the Demon driver slot into 11th.

MAC Racing is showing some good form at the current moment as Cremasco goes 4th fastest.

Moinet however soon demotes the MAC driver down a position by going 3rd fastest.

Horvath sets his laptime, and ends up being 7th fastest.

Jalving goes 6th fastest. He probably would’ve been hoping to get closer to his teammates time.

Allington goes 14th fastest.

Rodriguez isn’t quite able to match Van Renselaar’s time, but it’s still good enough for him to slot into 5th.

Greidanus puts his Shadow into 4th with a pretty decent laptime.

All drivers have now completed their first runs, so now is the time to check out the current standings.

Maverick is first out this time for the first group of drivers.

Maverick manages to improve on his laptime, but it isn’t enough for him to gain any positions.

Legge makes a big jump up the order with his improved laptime.

Elleker also jumps up through the order.

Gilson manages to improve up to 17th, which means a lot of luck will need to go his way in the race.

Karjalainen improves, and takes himself off the final row.

Kederer improves on his previous laptime, and it moves him up to 11th.

So close for Scala as he improves up to 2nd.

The first group have now completed both runs, so let’s check out the current standings.

Moinet is first out for the second group of drivers.

Warrington manages to improve, but only moves up one position.

Even though Horvath improves his laptime, it still isn’t enough for him to move out of 13th.

Pedersen moves up to 11th.

Cartwright makes a big jump up through the order and now finds himself inside the top 10.

Jalving goes all out in his final attempt, and it’s good enough to slot him into 2nd.

All drivers have now completed both runs, so here are the final standings.

It was a very close qualifying session that we have seen in quite some time, but as we all know only one driver can take pole. Congratulations Ed Greenhalgh and MPR, our pole sitter for the French GP. All that is left to do now is to see how the race will turn out, so be sure to be back here tomorrow when we get set for the race start. We’ll see you all then.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Interesting qualifying, the race should be very interesting
GPGSL S9 R16 French Grand Prix - Dijon-Prenois

Official Qualifying Results

Could done better than 6th with boost.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I am very happy with 2nd place here! Good to see my teammate next to me on pole, eventhough I would have loved to take the point for pole. It will be a tough fight in the race, I think most will be decided in the first corner..

Some problems with getting the heat in the tyres at the first run, so the pressure was on for my final run. I managed to put the lap together, but without the boost I was not able to get in front of Greenhalgh.

But with Gilson in 18th things are looking good. For MPR we can try and secure the WCC for the first time in our history, this will be amazing!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 08:39AM by Charrel.
3rd is great :-) a good race perhaps is in the air...

My GPGSL Career
And again: OMFG...
Well that was terrible :( Going to need to just floor it in the race and hope for a lot of luck.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
MPR storm to a front row lockout. I like the sounds of that.

With Gilson mired down in the midfield this is our chance to wrap up the teams' title and cut his advantage in the drivers' standings.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Not good, would have been the perfect opportunity to close up on John in the standings. Hope I can gain a couple of places in the race.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Jeebus on a stick...this is not good. :-(

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Seems like I can only gain places in the race... -.-
Starting just behind a championship challenger - great!
Starting 19th...****

Sorry Dean we couldn't provide the perfect opportunity for you here, only one way to go though - to the front that is!

Very happy with Jake his last lap, putting the car in the top 10 might mean some points here!

Very happy and disappointed with my 2nd place in free practice, happy because a good result means the title is almost impossible to slip through my hands now with Hinz not able to close in! Disappointed because the fastest time was taken away from me in the last minutes!!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
MDBSnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry Dean we couldn't provide the perfect
> opportunity for you here, only one way to go
> though - to the front that is!

>
> Very happy with Jake his last lap, putting the car
> in the top 10 might mean some points here!
>
>
>
> Very happy and disappointed with my 2nd place in
> free practice, happy because a good result means
> the title is almost impossible to slip through my
> hands now with Hinz not able to close in!
> Disappointed because the fastest time was taken
> away from me in the last minutes!!

That happened last time - made a charge into the points then the car let me down. >>;

Great effort Eric! Totally unexpected (Y) ;)

As for Gareth that was more what I was anticipating, but with the field so close it's no biggie really. Confident of a double points finish here (Y)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

7th is a big improvement from last race, and it has the advantage of the clean side too, so if the car doesn't betray me I might be up for an interesting points haul. Fingers crossed!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Just in case, can I be put on the very long team waiting list? :-) Just to put me there for the future, even though I'd prefer to be a driver right now.
Team name would be Apex Racing, with nationality Monaco.

Suggestion: In real life, some testers also race in lower series such as GP2, GP3, etc. Will test drivers get to race in a lower division too in the future along with the friday free practises? Maybe teams on the waiting list should get a chance in that lower division too? ;)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
There we go, enough proof that the boost system does not guarantee any remote success. No matter how much you use, it is still partly a lottery!

Hopefully flames for the race!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
danm schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There we go, enough proof that the boost system
> does not guarantee any remote success. No matter
> how much you use, it is still partly a lottery!
>
> Hopefully flames for the race!

You only have 1 bhp more than the capped teams ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy