GPGSL S9 R17 - British GP - Silverstone - Beware of exploding TNRs! [RACE ON-LINE!!!! P62 & 63!!!!][Deadline sending cars & helmets for S10: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
I have been playing around with tyres for next season and I thought we could use the F1 tyre colour system but for the different brands:

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
That looks quite cool! Big fan of the idea.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Not exactly a fan but I can understand why different coloring is quite convenient, given that traditionally Dunlop, Goodyear and Pirelli have yellow markings and we want to tell the difference. The rims do look gorgeous though. :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
I'm liking those tyres. I would like to see different coloured tyrewalls for next season.

Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been playing around with tyres for next
> season and I thought we could use the F1 tyre
> colour system but for the different brands:
>
> [i.imgur.com]
> pzOzKF.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/raTbZ7h.pnghttp://i.i
> mgur.com/FEesjmJ.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/TwKJmcs.png

Brillant!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Stoopid Wrote:
> I have been playing around with tyres for next
> season and I thought we could use the F1 tyre
> colour system but for the different brands:

Love that idea... nicely done Stu, they look great

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
As a Bridgestone team for S10, I am happy with the white text/logos. Overall, those tyres look great!

And on the note of "colour"...
I couldn't help but notice on the shot of the starting grid for Brno, so many dark coloured teams. Demon have been considering abandoning the red/blue we wear, but .... at least we stand out in a predominately dark grid of cars! We may just run some special liveries for S10, pre-determined before season kickoff, to allow the mod to be constructed with the appropriate liveries.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 05:35AM by shep34.
Those tyres are awesome
ohhh please more cars spin off in front of me!! ;) like 6 more please! :)
I like the tyres, but I've got an idea with regards to Dunlops. You could make the Goodyear text yellow, and use the Dunlop logo like they do in the BTCC.

Just a thought anyway, I just kinda thought the Goodyears look...strange in orange.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 02:24PM by Incident 2k9.
Goodyear should be yellow/golden, orange looks wrong.

Did you take the tyres from other mods, or is there a template for the wheel textures?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Pirelli and Dunlop should be yellow, Bridstone & Goodyear white and Michelin blue/white.

I'll post my creations soon.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Great idea Stu! Another alternative would be to have logos in their natural colours, but have a stripe around the outside in a certain colour, like the 2010 Bridgestone option tyres.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2014 06:57PM by SchueyFan.
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Pirelli and Dunlop should be yellow, Bridstone &
> Goodyear white and Michelin blue/white.
>
> I'll post my creations soon.

If we did that, my thinking is the Bridgestones and Goodyears will look the same at speed, as will the Pirellis and Dunlops. The only tyre to stand out would be the Michelin.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I also liked it

What about different rims shape? (Like BBS, enkei, etc.)

My GPGSL Career
senna9194 escribió:
> What about different rims shape? (Like BBS, enkei,
> etc.)

Fondmetal?

RenaultRS10 Scritto:
> senna9194 escribió:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What about different rims shape? (Like BBS,
> enkei,
> > etc.)
>
> Fondmetal?

Yes, there's OZ too. I mean, the latest GPx Patch gives a different tyrewall for every team? We could have 11 rims producers as well ;)

My GPGSL Career
Entertaining race so far, great coverage once again (Y). Bad luck for John but a points finish would have been difficult anyway so no harm done.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Would be great to see the end of the race. I'm not a fan of this drawn out over three days thing.

Either post all at once when you get the chance, or don't. Hateeeee having it dripfed

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy