GPGSL S9 R17 - British GP - Silverstone - Beware of exploding TNRs! [RACE ON-LINE!!!! P62 & 63!!!!][Deadline sending cars & helmets for S10: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
No steps please, but I do like the shark fins, they looked cool, even now in the LMP cars it makes them look badass. I want a contemporary look too, but we don't necessarily have to mirror F1, why not FR3.5? Or even GP2, they are way more pleasing than F1.

Please no innuendo in the nosecones. Please.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
I like Brett's idea! Maybe we can one day have a historic Grand Prix racing league! I think it would be pretty cool
brasspanels Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like Brett's idea! Maybe we can one day have a
> historic Grand Prix racing league! I think it
> would be pretty cool

Thx Vimal, yes it would be fascinating to see how everybody is driving in old school F1 cars and how the liveries would look like !!

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
brasspanels Wrote:
> I like Brett's idea! Maybe we can one day have a
> historic Grand Prix racing league! I think it
> would be pretty cool

+1

I don't think it causes less overtakes, instead I think it causes more stupid accidents while overtaking. I renember once in a different simulation game (using 1992 cars), I was running alongside another car in turn 1, and we ended touching. But, on the Hungary race I saw with post-'98 cars in GP4, there was no sight of accidents of the overtakes I saw into turn 1.

And in general I do like the post-'98 width more.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
JohnMaverick schrieb:
> 1.) A car where the ground plate copies the shape
> of the back of the car, so that the ground plate
> doesn't show out at the sides, like it does now.

From an aerodynamics point of view that would be suicide.

One thing I would like to see is a wider front wheel track. The current front track is a bit too narrow, if it was a real car it would hardly get around a corner.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I don't see what's wrong with the current car. Fine, raise or lower the nose if needs be, but there's no need for wholesale changes. It looks fine.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> I don't see what's wrong with the current car.
> Fine, raise or lower the nose if needs be, but
> there's no need for wholesale changes. It looks
> fine.

+1
I don't see what's wrong with the current car.

It's getting old maybe, but I agree with you, this car is still fine IMO. But having more carshapes would be good too.

Thanks for all the input so far! And no, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the current car (and cars, the ZG01 is still choosable!), but having a few variations might be great for the series. And if I can deliver that by tweaking the car and keep the main components in the same place that is even better (cockpit, wheelbase etc. for easy implementation in the mod)!

I must say there are a lot of different opinions! And I'm certainly not going to be able to please everyone, but I'll try my best and when I have something to show I will!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
I really really like the look of the current car. Yep I agree there could be some variations like in the nose etc. But definetly not the car width.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
I think something like this would be good to. I loved this car...

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I prefer this design. What do you think? ;)

Brett Sinclair escribió:
> brasspanels Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I like Brett's idea! Maybe we can one day have
> a
> > historic Grand Prix racing league! I think it
> > would be pretty cool
>
>
> Thx Vimal, yes it would be fascinating to see how
> everybody is driving in old school F1 cars and how
> the liveries would look like !!

+1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2015 12:24AM by RenaultRS10.
Important announcement

The deadline for sending new cars and helmets will be on 1st of March.

Great end to season for the team, me on the podium and the Driver's Championship for Joseph.
Congratulations to Joseph for an excellent season and a deserved championship.
I know quite a few people will have the wish to beat me for it, but we could also make a step into the future with the GPGSL and have Maikel create something along the lines of the new Ferrari F1 Concept car.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Please not. Car looks ugly and no longer is an open wheeler imo. Also is the helmet integrated in the chassis??

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I was about to ask how the driver gets off of his helmet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy