GPGSL S9 R17 - British GP - Silverstone - Beware of exploding TNRs! [RACE ON-LINE!!!! P62 & 63!!!!][Deadline sending cars & helmets for S10: 1st of March 2015]

Posted by GPGSL 
Turbo Lover escribió:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't time to open a S10 thread? :)

Casi iba a preguntar lo mismo ;)
I almost ask the same thing ;)

Edit: Whoops, I don't know why I write it in spanish ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2015 09:50PM by RenaultRS10.
The Season 10 team launch thread has been opened: [www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2015 11:11PM by GPGSL.

The company needs YOUR help!

Snake Motorsports Development is looking to improve their line of cars, currently the SMD-ZG01 and SMD-ZG02 are great cars, but they also have a lot more potential! Were do we need you for? We need ideas, suggestions, drawings even!
What can be done to make a new or revised model? Make a lower, and or wider nose? Create one thousand seperate winglets? 6 wheels?!!!

Let the inner Adrian Newey come out and help SMD achieve an even better version of the SMD-ZG02, or even create the SMD-ZG03! Let your voice be heard!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
I don't have the time to play around with ZModeler, but two things I'd like to see in the future are:

1.) A car where the ground plate copies the shape of the back of the car, so that the ground plate doesn't show out at the sides, like it does now.

2.) Some improvements at the front spoiler. E.g. :Instead of that flat winglet at the the front spoiler, an incrementally climbing spoiler with a few winglets.

3.) Maybe it's only me, but I've always felt that the front spoiler is a little too low, even for an F1 car. Maybe raise it just an inch or two.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Important information for all drivers

Starting from next season, there will be, for some, a minor change in the boost request procedure. For most drivers nothing will change at all. However, from next season onwards, only those boosts will be considered that carry the correct form requested in the boost announcement.

Precisely, that means: The subject header of the PM must carry 'Driver boost - Driver name - Round number and/or track name'. For team boosts, this is not quite as crucial, but it is nonetheless asked that people keep the form there, too. Driver boost and team boost must be sent separately, and PMs that are not related to the boost procedure must also be sent separately.

The reason is very simple. Driver boosts are a fixed value and hence there is no immediate necessity to open those PMs. The perf creators only need to check the Inbox for people who sent driver boost requests. This saves a lot of time, given that often enough we'd otherwise need to open 15+ PMs just to read the same sentence again and again. If, however, a boost message only carries the header of the current thread title, it must be opened to check if it's only a boost request or if it's another message to the GPGSL. Thank you all for that little extra effort that massively eases the work of the perf creators.

This rule will be added to the rules section once the new thread is open and you will also be reminded once more before the first round of boost application starts. But please try to keep it in mind already.

ZG02:

- different nose configurations [i.imgur.com] [i.imgur.com]. You've already seen these ones, the high one doesn't look that good I know, but I think 3 different ones (low, middle, high) would be nice
- if Ruben agrees mod-wise, a low downforce configuration. Always loved how the F1 cars looked with the completely flat plates at old Hockenheim & Monza.

ZG03:

- car a bit wider, have never been a fan of the narrow post '97 cars.
- ground plate, as John already mentioned
- sidepods, don't know how to properly describe what I mean, but some parts look a bit edgy

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 06:26PM by kedy89.
First boost I use and I do it correctly lol ;)

But why only drivers and not teams? Maybe there should be a rule for teams that they also have to put everything the same as drivers, and add the amount of boost on the end (Team Boost - team name - track name and/or round number - amount of boost)

I'm sorry if this annoys anyone, it is meant to be just a suggestion.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
If the cockpit area stays the same, I don't have any problem when there are changes around it (front- nose and wing, sidepods, rearwing).

I want also wider cars, pre '93 please (215 cm).

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I don't like the wider cars tbh. I prefer the post '98 design

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
miki2000milos schrieb:
> First boost I use and I do it correctly lol ;)
>
> But why only drivers and not teams? Maybe there
> should be a rule for teams that they also have to
> put everything the same as drivers, and add the
> amount of boost on the end (Team Boost - team name
> - track name and/or round number - amount of
> boost)
>
> I'm sorry if this annoys anyone, it is meant to be
> just a suggestion.

Smart suggestions are NEVER an annoyance. And I have to say, this one is quite smart! Too easy for me to have considered it up to now ;) Yet, I see one issue there, which you can't know of. Often enough we get team owner PMs of the sort 'All remaining boosts for this and that race', 'split the boosts equally for those races' and so on. The team boost thingy is a bit more complicated than the fixed value driver boosts, where everybody has six to use. So, we'll have to check the team boost PMs anyway and I don't see a reason to make things more complicated for an unnecessary cause.

So, unless we go all bitchy and say we ignore such team boost messages, too, and only make use of team boost PMs that state the exact values only for one race a time, this won't work out. But opening the team boost PMs isn't that much of work, since there are usually 3-4 per race, compared to 10-20 for the drivers.

kedy89 Wrote:
> ZG02:
>
> - different nose configurations
> [i.imgur.com]
> [i.imgur.com]. You've already
> seen these ones, the high one doesn't look that
> good I know, but I think 3 different ones (low,
> middle, high) would be nice

To be honest I really liked the high nose on that picture, better than the lower one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 06:12PM by natasp.
Well, no change for me as that is exactly how I've been sending my boosts since I joined ;)

As for the car, I am totally for a wider car. The nose is okay, maybe add some flaps and turning vanes to the front wing? In current F1, it's one of the few parts that still look appealing to me. The sidepods look fine, though a curve near the floor of the car would be nice too. The rear wing is great, do not touch that Maikel ;-)

So all in all I'd love to see a wider car with a more complex front wing. Of course these are mere suggestions. But what I'd really like is a new car for owners to choose from. Having only the ZG02 makes us look too much of a spec-series. And with five tyre brands next year a second car would spice things up, like old school IndyCar.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
I have no idea how GP4 handles that, so correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a wider car mean automatically that more space is needed for overtakes? We already have very few overtakes on most tracks and I don't think we should do something that reduces this number even more. Plus, if that leads to wider cars having an advantage over smaller cars (in terms of blocking), or vice versa (in terms of not getting past another car only because of size), then it'll only cause problems in the end.

I think that something with a lower nose would look very aesthetically pleasing. I think it was TNR who toyed with the idea a few seasons ago and it looked really good (IMO). Failing that I'd like to see a ZG03 based on something similiar to the 2014 Merceds F1 car. Because again, in my opinion, I think that was bite the back of your hand gorgeous.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I actually quite like that revised version of the current car with the high nose pictured above.

But if you were to cook up a fresh design based on the 2014 Mercedes, then yeah, that would definitely win my backing for S10.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Perhaps the high nose would benefit from a step further back towards the cockpit similar to F1 a couple of years ago. Maybe it wouldn't look so high, but still give that level look to it.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
A shark fin for the new design

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
No to stepped noses and shark fins for me.

Think we should go for a contemporary look. A 2014 style F1 car with a Merc style nose would be perfect.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Indeed. What about the wings they have on the side of the air intake for the sidepods? Maybe they can be used as well.

Why don't we drive F1 cars without the wings, like in the 60's and the movie Grand Prix from 1966.
So we don't have to worry about wings and side pods etc...,
just a thought, would be fun to go back in time for once.
Or we could repeat the year 1976 like in the movie RUSH.
Or like the legendary McLaren from 1988.
Like I was saying just a thought.

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy