Frustration... At my wits end!!!

Posted by timtoffee 
Frustration... At my wits end!!!
Date: September 15, 2014 09:51PM
Posted by: timtoffee
Ok guys here we go... I'm frustrated with this and I'm asking for your infinite wisdom and asking for help...

I have tried everything to use mods with GP4 and It just doesn't work for me. So I'm thinking of running multiple installations of GP4 to have the seasons I want.

Can you help me on this... I need an explanation on how to make the seasons I want without CSM.

I have the mods I want and have all the necessary files to change GP4 to that season... How do I go about using the files to switch out the standard GP4 to the ones I want.

Looking to make 1992 and 1995.

I will greatly appreciate any help you guys can give me..

Many thanks

Tim
Re: Frustration... At my wits end!!!
Date: September 15, 2014 10:33PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
As far as I know you first have to launch CSM, because it creates the files for the mod, and then you must go (without ending CSM) to your GP4 main directory and there you should find then the files from the mod CSM extracted there. (Y) I hope I could help! :-)
Date: September 15, 2014 10:47PM
I have all the files i need, i just need to know what to do with them.. For example rename the car lods etc to the 2001 order, if i need to change the names of the anims and where to put them.. All that good stuff....

If I can't find this out I might just beg the guys at GP4Central to make laptop versions of those 2 seasons lol...
Date: September 15, 2014 11:04PM
Well, you can use TeamEditor 3.5 to change the 2001 order, so just put the files into the GP4 directory and close CSM, that should work, if not, give me a list of the problems. ;)
Date: September 15, 2014 11:37PM
I'm just confused as what to put where... got a folder for anims for engines and pit crew etc....... If i put all the cars into the cars wad there will be all the ones i put in plus whats left of the 2001 season... It's just too hard to do...
Date: September 16, 2014 04:06AM
Posted by: TomMK
Let's start with modding the cars and go from there. Read this: How to install cars.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: September 16, 2014 09:33AM
Ok Tom followed that and tried to see if itworked, tried to load a track and it CTD....
Date: September 17, 2014 10:31AM
I'm wondering do i have to delete the textures for the old cars before I put the others in. I have noticed in the data that comes with the 1992 MOD there are only 2 lod's for the cars. Could this be the reason for the CTD or am I going about things the toally wrong way....Followed the guide and boom GP4 is not working grrrrrrrrr.....
Date: September 17, 2014 01:25PM
Posted by: TomMK
timtoffee
do i have to delete the textures for the old cars before I put the others in.

No, it's fine to just add the files.

timtoffee
Ok Tom followed that [...] and it CTD...

timtoffee
there are only 2 lod's for the cars

Well, that's not following my tutorial then is it...

If you are going to try and use only lod0 you need to specify that. Otherwise follow the instructions exactly and it will work.

At the very least you should include your GPxPatch log so others can debug the crash for you.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: September 17, 2014 01:38PM
Ok Tom i'll have another look into it and see what happens
Date: September 17, 2014 03:31PM
Ok Tom here's an update... I have used TeamEditor to force the use of lod_0 only and success no CTD... I have managed to install the steering wheel etc, The problem now is that all the cars are white... I'm guessing I need to change graphics setting in-game for that because I used low res textures. Will I have to adjust the T cam positions because it looks like part of the helmets are missing when you are in T cam view.
Date: September 18, 2014 12:44AM
OKupdate number 2... I have managed to sort most of the textures by removing the "hi" prefix but parts of the cars are still white so will tomorrow look to see if i have missed any textures for the cars. I just tested and noticed that most of the drivers are actually sunk back inside the cars... I thought that was rather strange but I know I will have your guidance for each step.

:-)
Date: September 18, 2014 03:35AM
Posted by: flying
timtoffee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OKupdate number 2... I have managed to sort most
> of the textures by removing the "hi" prefix but
> parts of the cars are still white so will tomorrow
> look to see if i have missed any textures for the
> cars. I just tested and noticed that most of the
> drivers are actually sunk back inside the cars...
> I thought that was rather strange but I know I
> will have your guidance for each step.
>
> :-)

I am no expert but as far as I know you do not rename textures
It is your f1graphics.cfg that decides to use hi named textures
by the line ......1 ; Increase car texture quality (1 on, 0 off)

This little pdf guide may help explain some of the files
The Ultimate GP4 Updating Guide

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 03:35AM by flying.
Date: September 19, 2014 01:55PM
Ok, LOD's sorted, textures sorted, other than the ones in the shared folder, tried everything to get them to remove the white parts but not happening for me, even tried wadupdater but that just gives me CTD. The white parts are suspension and the rear of the car, Then I have to tackle the camera positions etc..

The only other problem I'm having is the front wheels, I switched out the tryes and rims, and did the v2 texture turn off on gfx but the brakes from the rims stick out from the wheels quite far so thats another problem i need help with..

Yeah thanks for the PDF Flying, seen that one before but there seems to be a problem with it as It does not cover everything, only goes to the end of page 6, the rest of the guide seems to be missing.
Date: September 21, 2014 12:49AM
Well, have you already tried TeamEditor? There you can change tyres positions. :-)
Date: September 21, 2014 01:08AM
I have but for some reason I save them and they go back to where they were before and i have to move them all over again, same with the camera's.
Date: September 21, 2014 11:46AM
Have you clicked the "Apply all changes"-button? And have you changed your cars.wad after you did the changes?
Date: September 21, 2014 06:26PM
I think it's sorted now.. Only a few things left to do... Get some engine sounds, do the tracks, make some overlays and try to change the pit garages and the pitcews without it giving me CTD
Date: September 22, 2014 02:57AM
Posted by: flying
timtoffee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah thanks for the PDF Flying, seen that one
> before but there seems to be a problem with it as
> It does not cover everything, only goes to the end
> of page 6, the rest of the guide seems to be
> missing.

I have a 75 page if docx or 225 page if pdf one but it is 4-5mb
Originally from gp4italia & translated to English
GUIDE TO UPDATING TOTAL
OF GRAND PRIX 4
Upgrading and Updating classic with CSM
  [Third version]
Conceived and written by Samuel Fin [ 32BOBO32]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 08:51AM by flying.
Date: September 23, 2014 10:02AM
Here is my biggest problem right now, As I have most of the graphical work done for my 1992 season, Only small problem with that is finding out the correctt GPI numbers for the team art.

The big problem is with Team Editor... For some unkown reason whenever I try to change the cars wad path, it says to me that the cars wad path is invalid and the current one will be used. I'm trying to change it so I can look at the 1995 cars wad and change the wheels positions etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy