TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep I will definitely change my mods to use these
> new tyres soon.

They look great on your mod Tom !
Re: Pirelli Tyres 2014 - Excalibur [RELEASED]
Date: October 14, 2014 12:30PM
Posted by: javifast
nobody has problems with intermediate or wet tyres? I have all cars with mixed tyres when changing to wet...
Date: October 14, 2014 01:11PM
Posted by: flying
javifast Wrote:
> nobody has problems with intermediate or wet
> tyres? I have all cars with mixed tyres when
> changing to wet...

Javi I just have one small problem with Intermediates

For full wets no problem in all 3 views ( in cockpit- Tcam & outside ) in all the field is good

But Intermediates a small problem...Still good all field has them but in cockpit view is plain black
but outside views & T cam is fine

Date: October 14, 2014 03:12PM
Posted by: javifast
I have original tyres,...and if I choose intermediate for example,...the teams mix bridgestone with michelin in cockpit cam. With wet tyres there are problems too. Only dry tyres are ok.
Date: October 14, 2014 08:35PM
Posted by: SDI
Weird, you'd expect the textures to be the same in both views. But GP4 does optimize things, like drawing a different steering wheel texture in cockpit mode (and no arms), so maybe the tyre textures are also handled differently in cockpit mode...

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: October 14, 2014 09:54PM
Posted by: kedy89
@flying

no problems here with the Intermediates, they look fine in cockpit view. I've now downloaded the GP4Central 2014 mod v1.0, these are the changes I've made
-deleted the treads & sidewalls folders in the Tyres folder
-created a Textures folder in the Tyres folder, and put all .tex files of the gpxpatch 4.25 Beta folder of the 7z file in it
-replaced the .gp4 files in Tyres\Rims with the one of the 7z archive
-opened the 2014.csm with Notepad, and changed the Tyre line (should be line 46) to Tyres=Tyres\Textures
-opened the performance.txt in Data\GpxPatch, and replaced the complete [Tyres] section with the following lines
[TyreTextureNames]
Name #00=supersoft
Name #01=soft
Name #02=medium
Name #03=hard
Name #04=mclaren
Name #05=bridgestone
Name #06=michelin

[TreadTextures]
Type #00=0
Type #01=0
Type #02=1
Type #03=1
Type #04=1
Type #05=2
Team #00=0,0
Team #01=1,0
Team #02=2,1
Team #03=3,2
Team #04=1,3
Team #05=0,2
Team #06=3,0
Team #07=1,1
Team #08=2,1
Team #09=3,3
Team #10=0,2

[WheelTextures]
Team #00=5
Team #01=4
Team #02=5
Team #03=5
Team #04=6
Team #05=5
Team #06=6
Team #07=6
Team #08=5
Team #09=6
Team #10=5

Notes:
-the tread allocation in [TreadTextures] is random
-I changed the tyre types, meaning that Wet tyres now use the Intermediate textures, Wet textures are only used for Monsoon. I did this as nowadays they use the Wets only behind the Safety Car in heavy rain.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: October 14, 2014 11:06PM
Posted by: Excalibur
SDI écrivait:
> Weird, you'd expect the textures to be the same in
> both views. But GP4 does optimize things, like
> drawing a different steering wheel texture in
> cockpit mode (and no arms), so maybe the tyre
> textures are also handled differently in cockpit
> mode...

In cockpit mode, this is the car_front_wheel_cockpit.gp4 which is used to display front wheels and textures.
I have also added it into the 2014 files so, there is no problem (tested in game).
I just hope that the guys have replaced all the files from their wad by the new ones (9 lods and textures).

I don't know how the CSM Mod 2014 is compiled and what is written into the ini files.

I just can say that the tyres and textures work fine for me (no CSM mod) and that I don't have to specify which type of tread has to be used in monsoon or wet conditions.

For example, if I select the hard treads for my car, and that I start a race in wet or monsoon conditions, I will start with the hard_tread_1_right_0 , hard_tread_2_right_0 or hard_tread_3_right_0. tex automatically, depending of the wrain conditions, as the game does it by default.

So, I guess there is something to change into the performance file of the mod or other .ini file...

But maybe Kedy just found it....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2014 11:08PM by Excalibur.
Date: October 15, 2014 03:50AM
Thanks Kedy will try that today too
Not sure I understand "Types" you added under Texture section & how it works
Although I understand what your saying about the monsoon tires being mainly replaced by the inter's
Wondered how it was linked

Also no changes to GlobalVars.ini?

PS: Just tried it & it was confused like pic below until I changed compounds in GlobalVars.ini to Textures
which made regular tires ok but wets are now all black? But no problem the way I had it yesterday is quite good with that tiny inter's glitch

Excalibur I do the same as you & actually never choose wet or intermediates
I just let the game dictate it depending on weather

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 04:15AM by flying.
Date: October 15, 2014 10:42AM
The globalvars.ini is there for two things: handling the variables and configuring the mod's configurables (AllowChange lines). In the original 2014 mod, the variable compound was used to define which of the 4 Treads subfolders (MediumHard, SoftMedium, SupersoftMedium, SupersoftSoft) will be put in the wad. This was handled by the 2014.csm, with the line Tyres=Tyres\Sidewalls,Tyres\Treads,Tyres\Treads\%compound%. This line defines which folders contain the tyre textures, in this case 3 folders in total (seperated by the comma). The last one depends on the compound variable, hence the percentage signs (%).

With the changes made, this is no longer necessary. Now all files in the Tyres\Textures folder will be put in the wad, the compound variable is no longer used. I could have deleted it from the globalvars.ini, but that wasn't necessary. That's why I also doubt that you noticed changes when renaming compound to textures in the globalvars.ini, unless you didn't follow my instructions.

Looking at your pics I think you don't have the correct shape, as the tread texture, which contains tread and sidewall, is completely mapped on the tread, while the sidewalls only use the wheel textures.

I'd need your performance.txt, 2014.csm and Tyres folder (pics which show the structure and files, or uploaded, doesn't matter) to be able to help you further.

As for my changes to the Types:

I don't have to specify which type is used in wet/monsoon conditions, they work absolutely fine if I don't put the type lines in the perf file. Without these lines, when choosing Intermediate tyres, I have the green intermediate textures (tread_1), and when choosing wet or monsoon tyres I have the blue wet textures (tread_2/3). However, in the Pirelli era, the wet tyres are mainly used in extreme wet conditions, else the drivers stick to the inters (see Suzuka).

When I now add the type lines in the perf file, I have the green intermediate textures (tread_1) when choosing inters or wet tyres, and the blue wet textures (tread_2) only when I choose monsoon tyres.

Some mods
Date: October 15, 2014 11:09AM
Thanks for that explanation about GlobalVars
I had played with it some the other day & even made tire compound a choice in the CSM mods configuration's just to see how that worked.

But actually everything is working fine using your instructions from yesterdays message
So will just leave it as such.

One thing I have noticed & seems just an odd glitch at times....Not sure if from this or GPx 4.3
but once in awhile when starting a wet race I will notice the black tires from my in cockpit view
Go to T-cam & gone/back to normal...But then back to cockpit still is normal?(meaning correct )
Also one race looked wrong/all black tires but as soon as lights went out & race started they all went right
as soon as cars moved

So those could just be little glitches & I cannot get them to repeat

Thanks again

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 11:11AM by flying.
Date: October 15, 2014 11:55AM
Posted by: quickslick
could it be that it happens with the tires, because you've enabled full 32bit textures in your f1graphics.cfg? i noticed a similar thing with yome other mods and 32 bit textures enabled. After i've changed the line in my f1graphics.cfg from 1 to 0 all tires worked well
Date: October 15, 2014 07:11PM
Posted by: munnzy
Thank you for this love it and works perfectly, regards to all
Date: October 15, 2014 07:32PM
The "Type #xx = y" lines under [TreadTextures] is simply a mapping of compound to tread texture 'sub index'. So 'xx' is the compound (00 through 05), and 'y' is the sub index in the tread texture name: *_tread_y_*.tex. The maximum range for the sub index is also 0 through 5. By default, GP4 uses a range of 0 through 3, with this mapping:

Type #00 = 0
Type #01 = 0
Type #02 = 1
Type #03 = 2
Type #04 = 2
Type #05 = 3

So this new setting gives you the opportunity to change the mapping of the compounds. Kedy89 has changed it to 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 2, using only 3 tread textures for 6 compounds. But you can also have a different texture for each compound by mapping it to 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Just make sure the tread textures with the specified index actually exist in the wad.

For clarity, the compounds in GP4 are:

00 = Soft drys
01 = Hard drys
02 = Intermediates
03 = Hard wets
04 = Soft wets
05 = Monsoon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 07:38PM by SDI.
Date: October 15, 2014 07:37PM
SDI schrieb:
> The "Type #xx = y" lines under is simply a
> mapping of compound to tread texture 'sub index'.
> So 'xx' is the compound (00 through 05), and 'y'
> is the sub index in the tread texture name:
> *_tread_y_*.tex. The maximum range for the sub
> index is also 0 through 5. By default, GP4 uses a
> range of 0 through 3, with this mapping:
>
> Type #00 = 0
> Type #01 = 0
> Type #02 = 1
> Type #03 = 2
> Type #04 = 2
> Type #05 = 3
>
> So this new setting gives you the opportunity to
> change the mapping of the compounds. Kedy89 has
> changed it to 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 2, using only 3 tread
> textures for 6 compounds. But you can also have a
> different texture for each compound by mapping it
> to 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Just make sure the tread
> textures with the specified index actually exist
> in the wad.

Now that is good to know, I overlooked that part in the docs. Will have to try something in this case :)

Some mods
Date: October 15, 2014 07:41PM
Ok, I'll make it more clear in the documentation :)

Date: October 15, 2014 07:52PM
SDI schrieb:
> Ok, I'll make it more clear in the documentation
> :)

(Y)

Some mods
Date: October 16, 2014 10:33PM
Posted by: RHill
Hi guys

So I'm making progress and learning a lot about gp4.

I now can add tracks etc, but I have a question about using these tyres.

I'm using the gp4forever 2014 mod files. This is not a csm mod. I also use the latest gpxpatch4.30a......i think. I'm not sure if the files I used from gpforever mean I'm using an older version.

Either way I think I have the lods and textures on the right place, but not if I've used the correct ones for my patch number, since I have read a lot about the other textures not being ready and to use classic instead?

I'm using the performance file I have loaded when starting the game, but I'm not sure my additions for the text are correct. I had to add lines as per the instructions, since I only had tyres written and some values below it, not textures etc etc.

I think I've done something......since I now see the ai cars have soft and hard tyre colours. I'm sure this wasn't the case before I tried using this mod. But when I change the values to say medium and soft, nothing changes :(

Please help, I really want to use these tyres in game.
Date: October 16, 2014 11:42PM
You can check in gpxpdata\log\gpxset.log if the performance file is parsed correctly.

Date: October 17, 2014 10:19AM
Posted by: RHill
mission accomplished! Great looking tyres, with individual driver choices.........excellent, thanks for the help and the mod!
Date: October 20, 2014 09:29PM
Posted by: TomMK
Putting these tyres into the GP4 Central mod and I'm being lazy - is there a list of which 2014 teams use which OZ / Enkei rims?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy