G25 not working properly with GP4 [ Fixed - Yeah !]

Posted by EricMoinet 
G25 not working properly with GP4 [ Fixed - Yeah !]
Date: August 23, 2014 07:29PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Hi guys,

I got an issue with my G25 in GP4 and I don't have a clue on how to fix it.

Sometimes, when I release the throttle it continues reving as if I was still going full throttle. It doesn't happen all the time but it can happen at any time, while breaking, while in the pit, with no gear on... This occurs in GP4 only, not in GP3 or any other game I have.

Anybody with an idea on how to fix it would be much appreciated.

Secondly, when leaving the pit I'm stuck to a kind of rail guiding me to the exit. I can go with that but it's a bit annoying.
There was a trick to fix it in GP3 and I guess this applies as well in GP4 but I can't remember what it was. Any idea ?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 11:18PM by EricMoinet.
Re: G25 not working properly with GP4
Date: August 25, 2014 08:04PM
Hello ! Is there anybody out there ??

I really need help ! It's a bit frustrating to go and brake for a turn a the engine still going on full throttle (guess where I end up at the end of the turn... :( )

Date: August 25, 2014 11:21PM
Posted by: n00binio
No idea on the guardrailing in the pits. Concerning the other problems: try splitting the throttle/brake into to separate axis (in the controller settings under win and in gp4)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: August 26, 2014 12:22AM
Thank you for your answer Chris. I think it's yet done because I'm using this wheel since two years or so and I don't have issues with it in other game. I didn't notice that previously because I wasn't really playing with GP4 before (mostly GP3 and rSomething).

Anyway I will have a look in the profiler, I've just seen some items that I should tweak a little bit. Maybe this could solve my problem as well.

Any other idea is still appreciated guys.

Date: August 26, 2014 08:24AM
Posted by: mortal
Check my files, there's two G25.con files there. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 27, 2014 12:06AM
Ok, it seems that my GP4 profile in Logitech's profiler was corrupted, so I deleted it, made a few laps and the problem didn't appear anymore.
Hope it definitely solved the issue, that was a short test and maybe that wasn't enough to say Case Closed, but I'm confident. :-)
Thanks Chris, you gave me the idea to look into the profiler and the issue was there. (Y)
Thanks Mal, I will have a look at your files if it happens that there's still a problem and that's not fixed. :-)

Date: August 27, 2014 12:21AM
Posted by: mortal
Mark it [fixed] if it's all good. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry to bump it up again, but it appears that the issue is not fixed. :(

I've read that it could possibly be due to a lot of dust in the pedals because the wheel is rather old now. Will try to tidy it up a bit, which will take some time because I'm a bit lazy with that kind of things. :-/

Will report when it'll be done.

Re: G25 not working properly with GP4 [ Fixed - Yeah !]
Date: September 17, 2014 11:26PM
Forgot to report back ;)

So I've been cleaning the pedals and it works properly now (well, I hope it does).
I can say there was a lot of dust inside. Funnily enough the throttle wasn't the worst one. The brake pedal was, by far!

Hoping I can improve my braking skill by now ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy