Random CTD [Probably SOLVED]

Posted by Briere 
Random CTD [Probably SOLVED]
Date: July 28, 2014 04:27AM
Posted by: Briere
Log is here : [www.mediafire.com]

Long story short : I've had my fair share of CTDs for about a month, but only now did I choose to investigate ;) I actually get CTDs at random tracks and at random times, sometimes after a 5 minute drive, sometimes after a full hour, it's never the same. I even thought that they may have been caused by excess heat on my HDDs (I literally burned a finger when touching one last week). But today they're cold and I get CTDs anyway. So, after reading an older log, I found a flaw with Hungary 2013 and fixed it (object with no class). I was also using a custom cockpit with many missing objects, so I reverted to default cockpit (I drive on tcam only, so no loss here). And now I'm stuck with a few things that caught my attention, so here is what I'm thinking.

1-

>> Menu Event List Not Cleared - Not enough room in F1 Event table
>> Menu Event List Not Cleared - Not enough room in F1 Event table
>> Setting MenuEventCurrentScreenID
Debug event: CREATE_THREAD_DEBUG_EVENT
Thread handle = 0x00000230
Start address = 0x7c810856
Thread local base = 0x7ffaf000
How may I clear that list ? ;)

2-

>> D3D: D3D_LoadCockpit [14%]
>>
>> * A generic error occured while exporting this mesh
>> CGP4Cockpit::LoadMesh() No object found for name - Left_mirror >> CGP4Cockpit::LoadMesh() No object found for name - Right_mirror >> D3D: D3D_LoadCars [14%]
>> *WARNING* Emissive material via illuminated diffuse
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
How can there not be left_mirror and right_mirror objects with default cockpit ? I even opened the .gp4 file and renamed both objects to lowercase m's, to no avail. Emissive material, what's that ? Also, what's with the "generic error while exporting mesh" lines ?

3-

>> **WARNING** D3D_DrawLoadProgress() called more than expected :: Increase gsMaxProgress in hw_io.cpp
What the ?

Did I miss anything serious ? Thanks for the anwers guys !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2014 05:58PM by Briere.
Re: Random CTD (lol what a dumb title)
Date: July 28, 2014 11:57AM
Posted by: mortal
Graphics drivers up to date Matt? The generic mirror error is often seen and I've no idea what causes it. Drop SDI a pm with a link to the COCK log. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 28, 2014 01:43PM
Posted by: Excalibur
@ Mathieu: I am not sure but check all your lod_0 cars objects. There is certainly at least one car with the object named: Left_mirror.
The name is wrong. It should be: z_cockpit_left_mirror
Check your cars with gp4builder, rename Left_mirror into z_cockpit_left_mirror, then Action/ Sort car objects and save.

GP4Renamer doesn't rename all car objects automatically when making lower lods. left_mirror and right_mirror have to be rename manually for lods_0.
Maybe the issue comes from this.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: July 28, 2014 02:13PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Did you try switching CPU from All to 0 in GPxPatch?

If I recall, me and another fella on the board had a vaguely similar problem (quite a long time ago) and this was the trick we needed.
Date: July 28, 2014 05:05PM
@Mal : Yep, latest Catalyst drivers that work on my system (from 2010 but still ok)

@Arnaud : The only custom car I'm using is the 2014 Mercedes by Isaint, and all objects are named correctly. Thankfully, because the files are locked ;)

@Atticus : Already set to 0. I'll try All then
Date: July 28, 2014 05:57PM
So yeah, I had a go with CPU = All, and I managed to play for about 45 minutes without any CTD :) The game even felt smoother :)
Re: Random CTD [Probably SOLVED]
Date: August 01, 2014 11:05AM
Posted by: NickJW
What also could be usefull, is installing the program Slimdriver. I use that to keep my pc up to date and to make sure i don't get any CTD's with GP4. It might be usefull? :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: August 01, 2014 10:38PM
Posted by: SDI
It is graphics related.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: August 02, 2014 12:58AM
I've given 2014 a rest, so I made a 2007 cars.wad, and I don't have any more crashes since then :) So maybe the Mercedes has a problem, since I had most, if not all, of my CTDs with it.
Date: August 02, 2014 02:36PM
Posted by: Excalibur
@Mathieu: I just checked the original files of the Mercedes W05, there is no problem on it with the objects or objects names.
But I found something interesting on your log as I had the same error since I have installed the last version of GPxPatch (4.24) and that every time I quit the game, I had a CTD error and that I couldn't manage to fix it...until this morning.

Here is what was important for me. Your log says:
GPxPatch version: 4.24
GPx version detected: decrypted GP4 v1.02
Date/time: 27-07-2014 21:56
Verbosity level is 1
OS version info: Windows XP Service Pack 2 build 2600
Total physical memory: 1023 MB (free: 693 MB)
Debugging gp4.exe
Process will run on CPU 0 only

Are you running GpxPatch in compatibility mode Windows Xp Service pack 2?
If yes, disable the compatibility mode but keep "Run this program as an administrator".

By updating GpxPatch to the 4.24 version, it kept all my previous settings (verbosity on "high", use CPU: "All" etc...) but also the compatibility with Windows XP Service pack 3 into the properties. This morning, I have disabled the compatibility mode and no more CTD :-)
I don't know how to explain it, but as my PC runs under windows 7 64bits and that I didn't change my carswad since GpxPatch 4.22 (all the current F1 2014), the 4.24 version didn't seem to need compatibility mode as it needed before....

Hope it will be useful for you (and I had exactly the same message than you although the CTD didn't appear in game but when I exit the game)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2014 02:43PM by Excalibur.
Date: August 02, 2014 05:26PM
Compatibility option is disabled, and has always been. Bel essai ;) Could have been the right thing though. I'll settle for what seems to be working now :) And those 2007 cars are such a fun to drive. Slow stright line speed, but lovely in corners
Date: August 02, 2014 06:19PM
I just had a crash with my 2007 set. Crash log shows the exact same problems. And, coincidence or not, today is the warmest day we've had for over a week, when my PC stopped crashing every day. It's old and tired, gets affected by heat easily. I had the same problems in summer 2012, which was the warmest summer we'd had in years. Last year wasn't even close heatwise, and I had no crash at all. So yeh, I blame it on the heat ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy