F1/GP2 Manager - 2007 Season - American GP -F1 Race Page 34!

Posted by F1_Manager 
New budget rules still hav me thinking barmy :???

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> New budget rules still hav me thinking barmy :???

Well if you can tell me exactly which bits confusing you I'll try my best to help :)

Also deadline for race strategies passed on Wednesday, unfortunately it will be a results only weekend as I'm sorting out stuff for my uni house this weekend.

However i'll try my best to get at least one fully debriefed weekend coverage before I go back to uni full time.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

David Price Racing to be sold?

The latest rumors around the GP2 paddock indicate that the owner of David Price Racing may be preparing to hand over ownership of the team to another party. It is understood that the boss would like an early retirement so as to enjoy his hobbies, including railway modelling, livery design and eating pizza ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Trident Racing

We're looking for a solid pace in Spain, which means we'll have to try to do our best in practice and qualifying. Hopefully in race, we're not sure if we can manage.

(Well my school should already start tomorrow as I had a lot of studying, I'll keep my team on.)
Looking forward for the next race :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Apologies for the delay guys, had to sort out an absolute sh*tstorm with the uni house so only got the chance to sit down and run some sessions.

All the F1 sessions have been run and won whilst I've still GP2 quali and the races to do, so results will start coming out tomorrow :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Twigster151 schrieb:
> Apologies for the delay guys, had to sort out an
> absolute sh*tstorm with the uni house so only got
> the chance to sit down and run some sessions.
>
> All the F1 sessions have been run and won whilst
> I've still GP2 quali and the races to do, so
> results will start coming out tomorrow :)

Take your time mate, no need to rush things :)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Schreef:
> Twigster151 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Apologies for the delay guys, had to sort out
> an
> > absolute sh*tstorm with the uni house so only
> got
> > the chance to sit down and run some sessions.
> >
> > All the F1 sessions have been run and won
> whilst
> > I've still GP2 quali and the races to do, so
> > results will start coming out tomorrow :)
>
>
> Take your time mate, no need to rush things :)

+1, my message wasn't meant to be impatient ;-)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
MDBSnake Wrote:
> kedy89 Schreef:
> -----
> > Twigster151 schrieb:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Apologies for the delay guys, had to sort out
> > an
> > > absolute sh*tstorm with the uni house so only
> > got
> > > the chance to sit down and run some sessions.
> > >
> > > All the F1 sessions have been run and won
> > whilst
> > > I've still GP2 quali and the races to do, so
> > > results will start coming out tomorrow :)
> >
> >
> > Take your time mate, no need to rush things :)
>
> +1, my message wasn't meant to be impatient ;-)

Oh don't worry Maikel I know it wasn't, just figured I should probably let you guys know that I am actually doing something ;)

i'm still active

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toro Rosso.
Strong session, with the drivers looking at different setups for race and qualifying. The 0.2sec gap covering 4th to 15 should make for am interesting qualifying session. Avoiding traffic is going to be crucial.
Red Bull

It's a shame to see my old team ART struggling there, but it's even more of a shame to see us still struggling. We should probably prepare for another hard weekend.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I can't grasp why we are so slow. Is it a simple case of if you don't spunk all your cash you've got no chance?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> I can't grasp why we are so slow. Is it a simple
> case of if you don't spunk all your cash you've
> got no chance?

Somewhat. Although it's mostly down to the fact the vast majority of the teams choose the Mercedes engine and have so far gotten lucky with mechanical problems - and as such will probably be addressed after this season - as well as each teams tyre and driver bias choices.

If you look at the quali results and then at each teams engine supplier (whilst conveniently ignoring the fact Pantano's engine failed on his best lap) the four Ferrari powered teams take up the last four rows.

But hope isn't lost entirely! I think both our teams and iSport have shown it is possible to pick up points (especially as I was a moron and thought the reversed grid pole was given 10th place in 2007 when it should have been 8th ;)) Plus with the brand loyalty rule change if you stick it out with the same engine next year you'll get the benefit of increased power to get you closer to the Mercedes whilst further reducing you already better reliabilty value. That's probably not much consolation right now I appreciate that, but it's something at least.

I think a large problem this series has is that you managers can only ever see your teams stats whilst if you were to get the chance to see the whole lot, you'd appreciate that everyone is much closer together then you'd actually think given the results so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2014 09:07PM by Twigster151.
Yeah sorry mate, that wasn't meant to be a criticism. Just an element of frustration on my part.

Agree though, probably isn't as bad as it seems. Think I'll be getting the ART debit card out shortly though.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Yeah sorry mate, that wasn't meant to be a
> criticism. Just an element of frustration on my
> part.
>
> Agree though, probably isn't as bad as it seems.
> Think I'll be getting the ART debit card out
> shortly though.

Oh don't worry I know it wasn't :)

I appreciate how frustrating it can be seeing as this issue raises it's head every season more or less ;)

Unfortunately there aren't many solutions to solve the 'problem'. The best I could come up with is perhaps once or twice per season by revealing to each manager how close their two nearest competitors are in each category when I send over the Team Ranking PMs. Of course I wouldn't reveal exactly who their rivals are but I think it'd be nice to give you guys an idea of how the tight the field is so you're not totally fishing in the dark.

I agree that the lack of transparency causes a frustrating element, but I also agree that this lack of transparency is what adds realism to it, since no F1 or GP2 team knows how strong the others are.

What bothers me a bit is that A) you really can't judge how much you have to spend in the various categories to have a chance of success, at least (see RBs investment in reliability, which was way too big in hindsight, because I had no idea where the others stand --> granted, mostly my own fault, I should have done those updates gradually), B) the gaps might not be that big in theory, but they are in practice, at least results-wise. In GPGSL everybody complains about the randomness. Here it's the exact opposite and constantly so, and C) It's close to impossible to make progress with a team once it has become a back-marker team cause not only do you lose on other teams perf-wise, but also financially. So that means that an already bad team can't afford good equipment AND can't afford upgrades. That mixed with the lack of randomness (whatever it's based on), means there's a gap that will only get bigger over every season.

This is not meant as criticism against Jack but simply my thoughts on it. And I not only say this cause RB is in this situation now. RB won't be the only team to suffer from this.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> I agree that the lack of transparency causes a
> frustrating element, but I also agree that this
> lack of transparency is what adds realism to it,
> since no F1 or GP2 team knows how strong the
> others are.
>
> What bothers me a bit is that A) you really can't
> judge how much you have to spend in the various
> categories to have a chance of success, at least
> (see RBs investment in reliability, which was way
> too big in hindsight, because I had no idea where
> the others stand --> granted, mostly my own fault,
> I should have done those updates gradually), B)
> the gaps might not be that big in theory, but they
> are in practice, at least results-wise. In GPGSL
> everybody complains about the randomness. Here
> it's the exact opposite and constantly so, and C)
> It's close to impossible to make progress with a
> team once it has become a back-marker team cause
> not only do you lose on other teams perf-wise, but
> also financially. So that means that an already
> bad team can't afford good equipment AND can't
> afford upgrades. That mixed with the lack of
> randomness (whatever it's based on), means there's
> a gap that will only get bigger over every season.
>
>
> This is not meant as criticism against Jack but
> simply my thoughts on it. And I not only say this
> cause RB is in this situation now. RB won't be the
> only team to suffer from this.

No need to apologise John this is good stuff ;)

For the most part I agree with you, however I'd like to think that the money saving options, such as brand loyalty and multiyear contracts do provide the weaker teams stand a good chance of solving points B and C. Not immediately of course, but in the hopefully in the long term. The main problem really in my opinion is that there is no immediate solution to pull teams back into the game other then upgrades which, as discussed, are difficult to judge how much or how little to invest in.

On my side one easy thing I could do is reduce the variance range of the engines for 2008 which would hopefully help keep the teams closer together going into the season opener but apart from that I can't think of much else that could be done. The only other idea I've had is increasing the BHP bonus you get from setup rewards as that's essentially free BHP if you get your team and tactics set up right.

Spyker

I'll take the 8th and 10th happily, but the setup reward? Get in there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy