F1/GP2 Manager - 2007 Season - American GP -F1 Race Page 34!

Posted by F1_Manager 
Spyker

Good job by Lotterer bringing home some points (which is made even more brilliant considering he could be debuting at Spa this weekend!), but Sutil really needs to improve or risk being replaced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2014 10:37AM by RegularJohn.
Renault F1 Team
Damn that misleading headline! ;)
McLaren

Great race for us, with both drivers on the podium. They showed some good and fair fighting today, and as long as both have a chance on the title, we won't give any teamorders.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Williams F1

"Things went a bit better for Giancarlo but still we're out of the top 8"

My GPGSL Career
New Budget Rule Announcement

- Due to the new upgrade system the old system, as I'm sure you're all aware by now, is now obsolete. As such, here are the new rules:

- Teams now may spend both their 'Current Budget' - formerly 'Remaining Budget' - along with the WCC reward they believe they will receive for this current season now.

Potential Punishments

- Whilst teams will not be punished for going into negative figures during the season, teams will be punished if they are still in negative figures once their WCC reward at the end of the season is added to their 'Current Budget'.

- F1 teams will receive a 3 point WCC deduction for every million they are in debt after the season and all negotiations have taken place.

- GP2 teams, due to having double the amount of races, will receive a 6 point deduction for every million they are in debt after the season and all negotiations have taken place.

- Teams may switch brake and engine manufacturers at anytime to save money, however driver contracts must be cancelled by the procedure already outlined in the rules.

- As Engines are now negotiated by bidding, should a team be forced to switch manufacturers to save money, the second bidder who failed to get their first choice engine will be offered the chance to switch manufacturers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for clarification here's an example:

- Team A and Team B both start the 2007 season with their 'Current Budget' standing at £30,000,000

- Both teams, competing in F1, estimate they will both win the constructors championship and thus receive $50,000,000

- Both teams spend £70,000,000 in total - as the rules now entitle them to - by purchasing drivers, engines and brakes for the 2008 season, as well as upgrades for the 2007 to sustain their championship effort. As the season is still ongoing, neither team is punished for having a negative 'Current Budget' of -£40,000,000

- At the end of the season Team A wins the constructors championship, meaning they receive the £50,000,000 reward leaving with a 'Current Budget' of £10,000,000 for 2008.

- Meanwhile Team B struggles to 6th meaning they receive £37,500,000 leaving them with a negative current budget of -£2,500,000.

- As per the new rules team B has two options: Option 1: Take a 6 WCC point deduction for 2008 or Option 2: Change Engine or Brake Manufacturers to reduce their expenditure and bring them back into the black.

I appreciate this may well still be confusing somewhat so any questions feel free to ask. Team Rankings meanwhile will be going out later today :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, again whilst I'm here... Activity Check for 20th August

Unfortunately our no inactivity streak is over, the following managers failed to post in the last two weeks:

Pycku - BMW Sauber - Last Post: 5th August - 1st Warning
KimiHeikki - iSport International - Last Post: July 31st - 1st Warning
natasp - Super Nova Racing - Last Post 5th August - 1st Warning

As this is all threes first warning for this season each manager will receive a 5 WCC deduction for his team.

The next activity window closes on 3rd September.
New budget rules are sound, I understand them completely, however I'd like to suggest something in terms of the activity penalties now that you've brought it up. I think the point deduction is a bit extreme mostly because if I'm in a battle with another team for a place in the WCC, it'd be a bit of a bummer if I won because the other guy wasn't active. I suggest, instead of a point deduction, a fine. I know there's a fine involved on the second warning, but I think we should get rid of the point deduction and just have a £5m fine on the first warning, maybe £10m on second warning and then expulsion. Or, perhaps, stick with a £5m fine on the first and then on the second warning make it a 5 point deduction in addition to a fine.

Just a suggestion, I'm happy enough as it is, but I think the above would be an improvement.
Red Bull

Again not the result we hoped for. Not to have a single point at this time in the season comes definitely unexpected. Probably I, as team manager, have to admit that our development program was planned into a wrong direction. It will be hard to correct that over the season, but I'll do my best if Red Bull lets me.

As far as the WDC point reductions go: I understand your argument, RegularJohn, but the only job of an activity check is to keep people active AND avoid that inactive people have too much success. So, the penalty has to hurt a bit and should be somehow connected to the WCC to decrease the chance of somebody with 2 missed activity checks winning the championship over someone who was active through all the season. With the new budget, a 5 million budget reduction at the first warning isn't much of an immediate penalty, cause the team can compensate that with a possibly better WCC position and hence more money. Whereas, points reduction means possibly worse position in the WCC and hence loss of money for next season as well.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Team rankings have now gone out!

If you think there are any errors I would just go ahead and assume that you're right as I'll admit I didn't have much time to double check them before heading off for Spa (Fingers crossed our man Lotterer can go as well there as he does here ;)). But there shouldn't be many major errors anyway :)

I'll also weigh in on the activity penalties when I've time to sit down and write out a full response (Y)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I think the activity penalties are about right, but I'd be happy for a smaller points deduction if others wanted it (5 points then 10 points).

Also think the funding arrangements are fine - i'm comfortable with it due to the fact that everyone will get at least $30m.

Can I check that my current budget has my multi year driver costs for next year already taken from it?
Sorry, missed the window, great result for us, we were holding tight to the third place in the WCC, now with this penalty I'm afraid we'll be going down

i hope the team keeps up the good work! =)
I hope we'll see what it takes for us to keep up the good work.
DAMS

Yet again a good weekend, Javier finally could show what he is able to do. Great job from him. Sadly Giorgio wasn't able to pull it off, a driver error cost him a good podium finish. He will do better in Spa, hopefully Javier will continue to be as strong as this weekend.
Very happy to win another race, we seem to be doing quite good this season. A great comeback for Ralf into racing after missing one race, we couldn't have hoped for more, too bad Felipe wasn't able to pass the McLarens, which looked extremely strong here in the heat of Bahrain.

Already looking forward to the next race!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Super Aguri

It's getting better
I was a little away on holiday and I just missed the race. BMW is certainly not disclosing their full potential, so we have to work even harder now.
Toyota

Pretty upsetting for Jarno to be involved in first lap accident with JV,ruined his race after the incident..Cristiano again drove really well and was unlucky for the failure to happen..missed opportunity for us this weekend:(
Honda
Didn't expect Points finish after terrible Qualifying session, we still need to improve, though.
Apologies I've not been around much guys. I've been really busy with work.

Looks like ART are right up the shitter. With the new budget system it looks as if we'll have to spend our way out of trouble to win.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
We've looking forward to Spain, and yeah new budget system looks like we need a better strategy to get into this one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy