F1/GP2 Manager - 2007 Season - American GP -F1 Race Page 34!

Posted by F1_Manager 
Trident Racing

Well, there is now constantly no surprise for us, our drivers not finishing in points but at least Zuber almost got a 1 point and that could be so shame for us, Adam with another bad day finishing 19th in sprint, our drivers need a better strategy to get points.
Toro Rosso
Great racing from Rubens today showed his class by beating all but the Ferraris to be best of the rest.
Still work for the team to do in terms of closing the gap to Ferrari, but we're all happy with the potential.
Race drivers will continue doing practice sessions to build up their understanding of the upgrades we're bringing to races, but Nick will need to up his game to ensure he keeps that race seat through to the end of the season. early days still, but we need to make the most of the package we have to get a good platform for the constructors championship.

Looks like it was a close race for the points from 5th down to 13th in the Toyota sandwich.
Durango

Dead last, we really need something to change our lucky for the reminder of the season
BMW Sauber
Not a good race for us, but still DC got some valuable points.
Ferrari

Perfect result to end the weekend, we got the maximum out of the car, finishing within 10 seconds of each other and a pitstop away from the rest of the field. This makes up for the lost race in Australia!
Alex did a great job in the car and we thank him for it, but we are looking forward to Ralf for making his comeback at the next race as well. This season the aim is both championships.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Spyker

Two four place finishes and now Sutil has scored a point as well. Smashing!
McLaren

Disastrous weekend, we have no pace to compete for the win at the moment. Ferrari is miles ahead.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Honda
Expected more from our drivers. Glad to see Lewis improving, but it wasn't enough to even be in the top 8.
DAMS

I think, I can summarize the result: Giorgio (Y) , Javier (N). We need to bring both closer together, Javier doesn't seem to get going. We need to improve, otherwise the WCC might not look the way we want it to look.
Team rankings for Sakhir have now gone out to everyone, however if I've missed anyone out let me know. Also even if you don't intend to make any buys or choose a preferred driver or tyre compound could you please let me know that's what you are doing rather than waiting for the deadline to run out. Th earlier I know of everyones plans the earlier I can start on running sessions and the more chance I have of actually being able to provide decent coverage :)

The two OPs have also been updated following Sepang along with the budget info this time as I actually remembered ;)

Meanwhile whilst I'm here it's probably a wise time to announce that all negotiations for 2008 at the present time will take place after the 2007 is fully finished. Whilst maybe somewhat annoying/unrealistic the move to the new budget system has made the old method of running negotiations throughout the season somewhat obsolete so for convenience sake this will be the most likely solution.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Toyota

Great drive again from Cristiano to secure 5th under huge pressure,he quite clearly got the maximum today in a car that is not quite there yet..Jarno also did an ok drive we hope he can qualify better in the upcoming races to get in amongst the points,all In all a good day for the team..
Seeing the leftover budgets of previous seasons I now know why we're struggling this hard...

Some mods
I have an idea how driver and equipment negotiations can still happen over the course of a season (maybe up from the second half of the season). A rough outline of my idea is as follows:

- Although teams only get their WCC reward (basically the only income for teams here) only after the season has finished (logically, since the better you're positioned, the more you get), teams can already make use of this budget over the course of this season.
- Example: Team A has 6 Million budget left and think they'll get another 40 Millions for WCC position 5. The team owner likes to gamble and so he makes use of 46 million for driver contracts and equipment negotiations (unrealistic, I know, since this wouldn't leave budget open for upgrades, but take it as an example please). Team B has also 6 Millions left and can equally hit position 5 in the WCC. But the team owner decides to play it safely and only calculates with the minimum 30 Millions you get for the last WCC position. So he has a budget of 36 Millions for drivers and equipment.
- Now let's consider that Team B actually hits WCC position 5, while Team a surprisingly only manages 7th. Now Team B has extra budget left, which they can either use for upgrades or put aside for next season. Team A, however, has used more budget than they actually had. They're lacking 5 Millions. Now they have to 'pay back' those 5 Millions. There are 3 options to do so:
*Changing equipment (engines, brakes) to less expensive options. However, since the team made a contract with the supplier, I'd call for a fix extra 2 Million (up for discussion, but I suggest much less than a driver contract fee) fee if equipment is changed later on.
*Downgrading the car (works the same way than upgrading it): For every Million you're lacking, you can give back one BHP for quali or race or take an increase of 100 reliability points. ((This could also be generally extended: E.g. Up to the third to last race of a season, teams can downgrade their car intentionally to free budget for next season. Of course that should only be allowed up to a certain point (maybe a max of 10 Millions). It's like a stop of car improvement in F1.))
* Driver swap. However, keep in mind that ending a driver's contract also brings fees. So it's unlikely that you find a constellation where you can actually stock up your budget with this move.

I'd be interested to hear what you think about this. In my opinion it adds to the immersion and tension of this manager series. It gives the managers greater flexibility but also greater responsibility. If they gamble too high, they might end up in a catastrophic situation. If they manage wisely, they might use this to make a backmarker team a winning candidate. On top of that, we avoid ridiculous bidding rounds on everything after the season, but instead can still sort this all out over most of the running season, and thereby relieve those who run this amazing series.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
From what I've understood, the WCC reward we get at the end of this season has to be used for engine, brakes and drivers in 2009. If you look at the budgets at p1, I for example have the 50mio reward from 1st place in 2006, which I have to use to buy drivers, brakes and engine for 2008.

Some mods
I have one question, one of my drivers has a better performance than my other driver, but his overall ranking is lower

Shouldn't his overall ranking be better than the one of my other driver?

kedy89 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From what I've understood, the WCC reward we get
> at the end of this season has to be used for
> engine, brakes and drivers in 2009. If you look at
> the budgets at p1, I for example have the 50mio
> reward from 1st place in 2006, which I have to use
> to buy drivers, brakes and engine for 2008.

Twigster151 schrieb:
> Meanwhile whilst I'm here it's probably a wise
> time to announce that all negotiations for 2008 at
> the present time will take place after the 2007 is
> fully finished. Whilst maybe somewhat
> annoying/unrealistic the move to the new budget
> system has made the old method of running
> negotiations throughout the season somewhat
> obsolete
so for convenience sake this will be the
> most likely solution.

The new budget system would make that obsolete as well. But to make sure, I contacted Jack and he confirmed that the budget you get as WCC reward from 2007 can be used for 2008, otherwise the upgrade system, for example, wouldn't make sense either since most teams won't have enough budget to buy upgrades and all the equipment and drivers for 2008. Hence my idea how to add another element to the manager series.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> kedy89 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > From what I've understood, the WCC reward we
> get
> > at the end of this season has to be used for
> > engine, brakes and drivers in 2009. If you look
> at
> > the budgets at p1, I for example have the 50mio
> > reward from 1st place in 2006, which I have to
> use
> > to buy drivers, brakes and engine for 2008.
>
>
> Twigster151 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Meanwhile whilst I'm here it's probably a wise
> > time to announce that all negotiations for 2008
> at
> > the present time will take place after the 2007
> is
> > fully finished. Whilst maybe somewhat
> > annoying/unrealistic the move to the new budget
> > system has made the old method of running
> > negotiations throughout the season somewhat
> > obsolete so for convenience sake this will be
> the
> > most likely solution.
>
>
> The new budget system would make that obsolete as
> well. But to make sure, I contacted Jack and he
> confirmed that the budget you get as WCC reward
> from 2007 can be used for 2008, otherwise the
> upgrade system, for example, wouldn't make sense
> either since most teams won't have enough budget
> to buy upgrades and all the equipment and drivers
> for 2008. Hence my idea how to add another element
> to the manager series.

'Confirmed' is a strong word ;) I just said most likely.

And Tobi I know I originally told you the opposite, however the more I've thought about the more I'm personally inclined to switch systems as, as John pointed out, the old system is now somewhat obsolete. So apologies for that that's my bad.

But at the moment I'm still stuck between system as obviously can't go ahead with this proposal with only one manager's viewpoints so I think it is a valid point to discuss, especially with some of the GP2 teams spending habits ;)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

JohnMaverick schrieb:
> The new budget system would make that obsolete as
> well. But to make sure, I contacted Jack and he
> confirmed that the budget you get as WCC reward
> from 2007 can be used for 2008, otherwise the
> upgrade system, for example, wouldn't make sense
> either since most teams won't have enough budget
> to buy upgrades and all the equipment and drivers
> for 2008. Hence my idea how to add another element
> to the manager series.

That sounded different when I asked before Melbourne. So we actually can use the '06 and '07 WCC reward for '08 buys (upgrades, engine, brake, drivers)? Because I had planned with the 36.5m of the first post for the remaining buys (~18m engine, ~6m brakes, ~12m drivers 2&3). If I had known that I would have spend much more on car upgrades earlier, now basically two races wasted.

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2014 10:38PM by kedy89.
I'm quite confused about what is going on with budgets.

My understanding is that we effectively have a bank account to spend from (currently on upgrades, but at the end of the season on drivers, engines etc) and this will be topped up depending on your championship finishing position.

What has confused me slightly is the table in the op which shows driver costs for some, but not all, teams. Are these driver costs associated with the current season or the next season (I know I have drivers on long term contracts).
First of all, is there some kind of forum magic going on? I'm 99.9% sure that Jack's post between John's and mine wasn't there right after I made my previous post ;)

It doesn't make a big difference which system we use. With the current one we know how much we can spend, with the other one we'll have to calculate a bit, either taking the safe way with 30m, or a risky way with 40m or 50m. If you switch systems, we'll get "overpowered" cars for this season, as we'd have 2 WCC rewards to spend, from next season on the amount of upgrades would be reduced again.

@ginnerchris: I think these are for next season, I for example have Raikkonen with a 3-year contract until the end of '08. The contracts of Kubica and Briscoe end after this season.

Some mods
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy