Tyres with team editor

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
Re: Tyres with team editor
Date: September 01, 2014 10:37PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Wow, this is fantastic news for the '80 and early '90 F1 mods.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 02, 2014 03:43PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Excalibur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Vesa:
> In wet conditions, gp4 use tread_1 for
> intermediate, tread_2 and tread_3 for wet tyres
> for both michelin and bridgestone treads, right?
> So, if I understand, we must keep these original
> files as they are if we want that all the cars get
> the intermediate tyres when it begins to rain and
> wet tyres in storm weather conditions, true?
>
> We can only modify prefix for tread_0 or add new
> tread_0 textures, if I understand... (as many as
> we want)...

you are maybe right, I have to test the wet conditions better to know for sure :)
Date: September 02, 2014 04:29PM
Posted by: Excalibur
I tested. Bridgestone and michelin tread_1, tread_2 and tread_3 don't have to be modified if you want that the cars have the good tyres in rainy, wet or storm weather conditions.
We can modify or add textures for tread_0 only. But with 22 possible different textures, I think it is enough! ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 02, 2014 04:35PM
Excalibur Wrote:
> I tested. Bridgestone and michelin tread_1,
> tread_2 and tread_3 don't have to be modified if
> you want that the cars have the good tyres in
> rainy, wet or storm weather conditions.
> We can modify or add textures for tread_0 only.
> But with 22 possible different textures, I think
> it is enough! ;)

ok, thanks for the info, 22 surely is enough :D
Date: September 02, 2014 10:20PM
Posted by: SDI
For each of the 22 texture names GP4 will try to load 12 tread textures. So tread 1 to 3 can be modified too. If you tested this and it didn't work then it's a bug in GPxPatch.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: September 02, 2014 11:58PM
SDI écrivait:
> For each of the 22 texture names GP4 will try to
> load 12 tread textures. So tread 1 to 3 can be
> modified too. If you tested this and it didn't
> work then it's a bug in GPxPatch.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough on this. My fault!
Yes, it is possible to modify treads_1 to 3 . No poblem at all. :-)

But it is just recommended to keep the original intermediate tyres for tread_1 texture and wet tyres fro tread_2 & tread_3 textures if you want that the game use the good tyres in rainy, wet or storm weather conditions because if you start a race in storm conditions, for example, the game will load tread_3 textures automatically. It would be strange to start with slick tyres in these conditions!

But, as you say, it is possible to modify treads 1 to 3 or to add new treads 1 to 3.

The trick is just to keep into the wad the original michelin and bridgestone treads1 to 3, with the others treads1 to 3

But, tell me if I am wrong, René ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2014 12:03AM by Excalibur.
Date: September 03, 2014 01:23AM
Not sure, but the way I understood it is this:

With the original shape, the tread textures only contain the tread, which wouldn't be much different between tyre brands. The wheel textures contain the tyrewall and rim. You can create new wheel textures and they'd be used for each tyre type. If you don't want to have custom treads you keep the original michelin/bridgestone tread textures in the texture name list, and specify its index for the tread texture. I specially made the tread and wheel texture selection independent so this can work. But once you want to have a different tread 0, you have to add all 4 tread textures with a new texture name as prefix. The name can be the same as for the wheels, but can also be different. Of course you can just copy tread 1 to 3 from bridgestone/michelin.

With the new shape, the tread textures contain the tyrewall and tread, and the wheel textures only contain the rim. Since each tyre type has its own tyrewall, you'd create totally new tread 0 to 3 textures, in which both the tyrewall and tread is different. It's still limited to 4 textures though, since GP4 maps it from 6 tyre types (it's possible to remove this limitation if needed).

I assume that if the race starts dry, you see the dry tyres (tread 0 texture). If it starts to rain and you pit for intermediates or wets, then you'd see the wet tyres (tread 1, 2, or 3 texture), right?

Date: September 03, 2014 02:34AM
Yes absolutely. :-)

Date: September 05, 2014 04:45PM
with the new tyre shape that is mapped by Hega, every tyre type works fine, for the tests I used these :

[TyreTextureNames]
Name #00=medium
Name #01=michelin

[TreadTextures]
Team #00=0,1
Team #01=0,1
Team #02=1,0
Team #03=1,0
Team #04=1,0
Team #05=0,1
Team #06=0,1
Team #07=1,0
Team #08=1,0
Team #09=0,1
Team #10=0,1

as long as I made new textures to cars.wad from medium_tread_1_right_0 all the way to medium_tread_3_right_2, there were no problems with rainy tyres what so ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 04:45PM by vesuvius.
Date: September 14, 2014 06:45PM
I've removed the 4 tyre type limitation now.

I've also enabled upto 4 tyre brands in GPxSAT. I don't have an G(oodyear) logo for digital 2004 though, and no P(irelli) logo for any mode. Has someone already created these? If so I would like to include them in the GPxPatch installation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2014 06:51PM by SDI.
Date: September 14, 2014 06:53PM
Great news! I think someone has created at least Pirelli logo, must check if I find it.
Date: September 14, 2014 07:16PM
Ok, that would be nice. In the meantime I've created a G logo for digital 2004.

Date: September 14, 2014 08:32PM
I've made an attempt to create some myself. I didn't know what color to use so I've used black:

Would you suggest another color?

Date: September 14, 2014 08:40PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Renè I would say P in red with a yellow background wich is the pirelli colour what do u think bout it?

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Date: September 14, 2014 08:41PM
At the base, main Pirelli color is red with yellow background but as these colors are ever used (or similar), that seems perfect to me. The most important is to be able to differenciate each tyre type. So, keep it as it is! ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2014 08:43PM by Excalibur.
Date: September 14, 2014 08:49PM
Yes, I've thought about making it red on yellow, but I guessed the characters are supposed to be white, and a yellow background is already used for Goodyear.

I'm not sure if the Goodyears were yellow in classic mode (1998 it was the last time Goodyear tyres were used). Its official logo seems to be yellow on blue, but blue was already used for Michelin, so perhaps that's why yellow was used?

Date: September 14, 2014 08:50PM
I think that black looks great :) I found the Pirelli color that is released, it was indeed red with yellow backround and you can get it from here: [www.mediafire.com]
Date: September 14, 2014 09:00PM
Ok, I'll keep it black then :) You can always override it with your own of course. The one from your link doesn't use an italic font and doesn't have the light/dark edge at the top/bottom. It looks more like for digital mode but with an increased font size ;) Thanks for finding the link though :)

Date: September 14, 2014 09:17PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
I think Alessio is right, when you introduce the new logos for GPxPatch it should be the original ones. (Y):-)
Date: September 14, 2014 09:38PM
I don't think there's an original Pirelli tv style logo because the last time they were competing with another manufacturer was in 1991, and watching some old footage doesn't show their logo in the (ultra-)classic mode.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy