GPxPatch 4.24 [released]

Posted by SDI 
Re: GPxPatch 4.24 [released]
Date: June 03, 2014 08:31PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Hi!

i've exprected some problems, too. My soundset ini don't works properly anymore.There are some files, that sounds like cutted. Like the race fastest lap for example. (2) :(

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: June 03, 2014 11:06PM
Posted by: SDI
Ok, this must be a side effect of pit sounds now being mutually exclusive. I figured that the same guy can't talk to you multiple times at once. It looks like when another car crosses the line it also cuts your pit communication. I'll see what I can do.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: June 04, 2014 06:34AM
Posted by: quickslick
thank you René :)
Date: June 04, 2014 09:56PM
I have released 4.24a with a fix for the event sounds.

Date: June 04, 2014 10:20PM
Posted by: cleberpister
(Y)(Y)(Y)

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: June 04, 2014 10:35PM
Posted by: javifast
Thank you René.
Date: June 04, 2014 11:32PM
Posted by: quickslick
a big thank you for the quick fix René, it works perfect again(Y)
Date: June 05, 2014 02:06AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Thanks for the fix René!:)
Date: June 05, 2014 07:41AM
Posted by: teunieeegp4
Thanks for the fix (Y)
Date: June 05, 2014 05:38PM
Posted by: tamburello
Thank you very much for your quick reaction, René. Top support (Y)
Date: June 06, 2014 01:10AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: June 07, 2014 04:48AM
Posted by: SpeedDriver
Dear René:

Despite the acknowledgment that I most for your willingness and speed of sound in the subject has only solved the 424a cuts some messages. Today no matter what you have sound in the bnk soundset.ini or the game does not know will appear. Something keeps crashing. Is it not possible back in the pits communications to 423 and add what you added and that really, and apologies ask why, do not perceive it? I also continue to insist on order: Now the race to put the spine button 9 to know who enter the pits on the next lap becomes a superposition ... Another question: You can not pass functions to the key 9 new column? And more, although it seems pretentious is to seek perfection of your erez able: the numbers of pilots ... Yes?

Thanks for all and best regards.
Date: June 07, 2014 07:17AM
Posted by: addie
hi forum

as you may have noticed the latest version of GPxPatch also contains new goodies for us track builders.
now you can have track specific jip-files, "as many" as you like, which is especially good news for the urban track enthusiast among us.

and you even can change some jip-colors, though pretty limited at the moment.

I again revised the pau/F-track to show working examples of those two new features, see the pau2013-thread at realgpx.com for more information.

many thanks to SDI for making track editing again more sensible ! and it was again a pleasure for me to work with you !

best regards
addie

- - - - - - - - - - - -
please no PMs; but you're welcome at: [addie3 at waa63 dot ch] and [www.waa63.ch]
Date: June 07, 2014 12:26PM
Thanks Addie!

@SpeedDriver: It looks like you're using machine translation to English, so it's very hard to understand what you mean :(
Do you wish to see the "Pit call" information from ATL in GPxSAT? (e.g. in the standings). It would be best if you could graphically sketch what you want, or even better, show stills or video from an actual F1 race where this is visible. A picture says more than 1000 words...

Does GPxSound crash? Do you have a log of it? Which soundset are you using?

Date: June 07, 2014 06:06PM
Posted by: SpeedDriver
Rene:

Yes I use a translator to help me. I speak Spanish and little English.

Obviously a Dutch and an Argentine is not easy to be understood except your King and Queen: the daughter of an official of the argentine genocidal dictatorship.
Besides English and with technical terms in some cases not understood the actual operation and improvements of the Grand GPX Patch.

Request to do better and you are able to.

No crash with sound. Just listed some elements and not others. I tried the 424a and went back to 423.

If you do not speak English do not exist, but other Spanish speakers in the U.S. exist and are already one third of the population and development.

Best regards.
Date: June 11, 2014 12:52PM
Posted by: noisewater
First of all I'd like to say that you've done an amazing job yet again with the new GpxPatch, SDI. It's great to see that these old games are still being kept relevant with all these updates.

The new pit communication features got me thinking about something. Would it be possible to somehow implement the spotter team radio feature in GpxPatch?

I'm talking about the team radio communication commonly found in American racing categories, where the spotter on the radio tells you if a car is attempting to pass you. They could be simple notifications like "Car outside" or "Car inside", followed by "Clear" when the car has either gone past you or withdrawn the passing attempt. This feature would be great especially for oval racing and add another piece of realism to the racing.
Date: June 11, 2014 07:48PM
Thanks.
Don't you have rear mirrors + 3D sound for that?

Date: July 01, 2014 10:23PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
I have a special question to SDI:
Would it be possible to change a surface-behaviour?

In GP4, there are known 4 different surfaces:
- tarmac,
- gravel,
- grass (all self-explanatory) and
- hard-behaviour (behaves like grass).

So, I think the hard-behaviour is quite unnecessary, because the 'grass'-surface will do the job. Instead of it, it would be great, if we could tweak the hard-behaviour a bit, so that it behaves like modern astro-turf. It would be necessary to give more grip, less bumpwavelength and a lower bumpmagnitude (if GP4 uses these values) to hard-behaviour.

What do you think?
Date: July 04, 2014 07:03PM
Nice idea, but next to impossible to implement without finding this in the code first.

Date: July 04, 2014 07:09PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
SDI schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice idea, but next to impossible to implement
> without finding this in the code first.

Yes, that would be quite nice, first ;-). I think this would be one of the best improvements still to be made for GP4! Maybe we can find this part of the source code and alter it (Y). Would be great!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy