GPG Nations Cup S4 R17 - European GP [RACE ONLINE! | S5 carshape & tyre suppliers announced]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
GPG Nations Cup Rd 1 German GP – Qualifying

Hello and welcome to the GPG Nations Cup. We are here at the Hockenheimring for the opening round of the season, and what a season we have ahead of us. There’s been plenty of changes made during the off-season, in which we saw the departure of a number of teams, and the arrival of brand new nations to the series. So, let’s get the season underway with qualifying.

Weather Report

22nd: USA

21st: Japan

20th: San Marino

19th: Great Britain

18th: Australia

17th: Brazil

16th: Canada

15th: Monaco

14th: Finland

13th: Bulgaria

12th: Italy

11th: France

10th: Portugal

9th: UAE

8th: Netherlands

7th: South Korea

6th: Argentina

5th: China

4th: Switzerland

3rd: New Zealand

2nd: Ireland

Pole: Germany

Team Monaco found themselves in a bit of trouble early on in the session, when Grimaldi went off in the stadium section.

We also saw a short battle take place between Netherlands and USA, which was ultimately won by Netherlands.

There we have it. Qualifying is now done, and we have our pole sitter. Congratulations Tobias Kederer and Team Germany, our pole sitter for the German GP. It should be a very interesting race that we have ahead of us, so we hope to see you back here tomorrow.

GPG Nations Cup - Official Qualifying Results

Team China

5th position on the grid. That's a really good result for the team. Hopefully Cheng can get a good start, and keep it clean in the early stages before challenging for a podium in the end stages of the race.

0.4 from the top half. I'm not too worried. Its not how you start, it's how you finish

A Scotsman in Indonesia. A fan of the Far East & all their drivers & an advocate of women in motorsport / GPGNC - S3: Team Philippines, S4/S5: Team Japan, S6: Team Indonesia (S6 runner-up)
Race has been run, and we have a winner. The race had passes, crashes, near misses and a spectacular engine failure from one of the cars that retired. Part 1 of the coverage will probably be up tomorrow afternoon as I need to start preparing to go to sleep.

I also need to ask. With the time penalty that is given to a team that fails to take their 2nd stop, how exactly is it calculated to determine the time penalty given?

10th??? Meh... Let´s see how the race goes...

-----------------------------------------------------

Mullet345 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Race has been run, and we have a winner. The race
> had passes, crashes, near misses and a spectacular
> engine failure from one of the cars that retired.
> Part 1 of the coverage will probably be up
> tomorrow afternoon as I need to start preparing to
> go to sleep.
>
> I also need to ask. With the time penalty that is
> given to a team that fails to take their 2nd stop,
> how exactly is it calculated to determine the time
> penalty given?

Difference between time gained by doing 1 stop less and time lost on track because of higher fuel load and longer stints on tyres. Varies from track to track, the coverage should give a better view over the situation.
Fuel consumption was pretty exactly 1.0 per lap, not sure why it happened again.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Thanks for changing the shot on the previous page Tobi :)

Great to see the coverage up! Very good, I would only like to request to not use the left table on the screenshots again! In the first shot it was already 99% sure Germany would be on pole position because of the standings!

Sorry to be such a 'whining' contributor lately, I do mean all the best with it, and I appreciate all the time poured into this championship by you guys!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
MDBSnake schrieb:
> Thanks for changing the shot on the previous page
> Tobi :)
>
> Great to see the coverage up! Very good, I would
> only like to request to not use the left table on
> the screenshots again! In the first shot it was
> already 99% sure Germany would be on pole position
> because of the standings!

>
> Sorry to be such a 'whining' contributor lately, I
> do mean all the best with it, and I appreciate all
> the time poured into this championship by you
> guys!

Agree on that, that's a massive spoiler ;). Can be disabled by pressing 'B'.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Schreef:
> MDBSnake schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks for changing the shot on the previous
> page
> > Tobi :)
> >
> > Great to see the coverage up! Very good, I
> would
> > only like to request to not use the left table
> on
> > the screenshots again! In the first shot it was
> > already 99% sure Germany would be on pole
> position
> > because of the standings!
> >
> > Sorry to be such a 'whining' contributor lately,
> I
> > do mean all the best with it, and I appreciate
> all
> > the time poured into this championship by you
> > guys!
>
>
> Agree on that, that's a massive spoiler ;). Can be
> disabled by pressing 'B'.

Tssk ... acting like you didn't enjoy 22 screenshots with Germany on 1 ;) ;) ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
My bad with the timings being left on. I'll make sure they are turned off next time.

Good to see the season finally starting, 17th is not a very good position, but we're hoping to make a good race

We're happy with 14th, we weren't expecting that much from quali, we are definitely looking to the race. We are quite interested to see how far we can get up the order. Team Finland is back
13th is not the best result for Bulgaria, but we have a good strategy and top 8 finish is surely possible.
6th... Good :-)

A midfield starting spot for Jean Girard, with no boost at all. Not ideal, but.... Girard should be able to pull off one of his trademark charges towards the pointy end of the field, bringing home some good haul of points for the French.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
GPG Nations Cup Rd 1 German GP – Race Day

Part 1

Hello again, and welcome back to Hockenheim as we get set for the start of the German GP. We had a very interesting qualifying session yesterday, in which we saw Germany take the first pole position of the season. On the front row next to them is Ireland, and behind them on the second row we have New Zealand and Switzerland. Who will be the winner of what will surely be an exciting race? In 30 laps time, we’ll find out. Well then, time to head down to the grid as the cars return from their warmup lap, and the RD gets ready to get the race underway.

Weather Report

The cars are now all lined up on the grid. Germany is on pole, with Ireland next to them on the front row. When the lights go out, the season will officially be underway.

The race is go!

Kederer in the Germany car takes the lead out of the first corner, while behind him, Dixon in the New Zealand car has managed to get by Taytoh in the Ireland car.

China has a better run down the straight, and is looking for a passing opportunity on Switzerland.

Up ahead, New Zealand goes for a pass on Germany, and manages to make it work. Also, China makes a pass on Switzerland and moves up a position.

De Boer in the Netherlands car has his hands full defending from both Silva in the Portugal car and Hatfield in the UAE car.

His wasn’t able to hold back Silva, but he managed to keep in front of Hatfield. Further up the field, Argentina has managed to get by Switzerland.

There’s a train of cars at the rear of the field being headed by Grimaldi in the Monaco car.

And now the train has gotten longer.

Here is our current race leader.

On no, Grimaldi has spun out into the sand.

The replay shows that he got two wheels in the sand, which caused him to spin out.

He manages to rejoin the track, and now finds himself in last place.

Fastest lap goes to New Zealand.

Argentina is going for a pass on Ireland.

And succeeds in getting by.

Hatfield has managed to get by Silva, leaving the Portugal car to defend from Tafuro in the Italy car.

Japan and Finland are in their own battle.

Locking up the brakes isn’t going to help when defending a position.

At least Japan manages to stay in front. Behind them, Paddock in the Great Britain car has managed to get by Silvestre in the San Marino car.

Poirier in the USA car now wants a chance to get by Silvestre.

And makes the move work at the corner.

Keranen has lost a position to Cremasco, and now has to defend from Paddock.

From what the timing shows, it seems that Taytoh in the Ireland car has gone backwards, and now sits behind Kuei in the South Korea car.

Tafuro has run off the road.

Argentina now has the fastest lap.

Tafuro was lucky to avoid hitting the wall, and he manages to get back ontrack in last place.

The timing shows the current top 10.

There’s a 4 way battle taking place for positions 6 to 9.

Make that positions 6 to 10 as Silva in the Portugal car looks to get himself involved in the battle.

Further back, we find McGregor in the Australia car chasing down Girard in the France car.

San Marino and USA find themselves in battle.

Which is won by San Marino.

Not sure what has happened to Cremasco in the Brazil car, but we find him down in 21st.

Silvestre manages to make a passing move on Paddock as the timing shows that we have a yellow flag situation.

And here’s the reason why the yellow flag is out. De Boer in the Netherlands car has spun out into the sand and is facing the wrong way.

From what the replay shows, it seems to look like De Boer had run wide into the corner, which results in him running off track and spinning into the sand.

As De Boer starts to make his way out of the sand, the timing shows that China now have the fastest lap. But wait, there’s a Michelin tyre that’s departed from a car.

And it’s from Monaco.

It appears that Grimaldi had run wide the same way that De Boer had.

That results in the Monaco car running off track, and spinning out into the wall and into retirement.

De Boer makes it back onto the track, as the timing notification shows that Bulgaria is now out of the race. But what could’ve possibly happened for that to happen?

This is the reason why. It looks like Nikolov had ran off the track at the same place as Tafuro, but unlike the Italian, Nikolov had hit the wall.

Back to the leaders, and it looks like Kederer in the Germany car has fallen out of the top 3.

Here he is in 5th.

Kuei in the South Korea car is keeping close to the back of the Portugal car. Meanwhile, it looks like Australia has managed to get by France for 10th.

While the camera focuses on the cars in the distance, in the foreground Kuei has made a move on Silva, and looks to have gotten by.

Argentina once again takes the fastest lap.

Onboard with Tung in the China car, and it looks like he has made up plenty of ground on Dixon in the New Zealand car.

Tung goes for a move on Dixon.

And makes the move stick. China now leads the race.

It’s now time for a break. We hope to be back soon.

Team China

Looking good so far for Cheng. The Team China car has got plenty of pace in it for sure. Just have to hope that Cheng can continue to stay at the front of the field until the first round of stops. After that, we can then determine if he'll still be at the front.

kedy89 Schreef:
> Mullet345 schrieb:
> -----
> > Race has been run, and we have a winner. The
> race
> > had passes, crashes, near misses and a
> spectacular
> > engine failure from one of the cars that
> retired.
> > Part 1 of the coverage will probably be up
> > tomorrow afternoon as I need to start preparing
> to
> > go to sleep.
> >
> > I also need to ask. With the time penalty that
> is
> > given to a team that fails to take their 2nd
> stop,
> > how exactly is it calculated to determine the
> time
> > penalty given?
>
>
> Difference between time gained by doing 1 stop
> less and time lost on track because of higher fuel
> load and longer stints on tyres. Varies from track
> to track, the coverage should give a better view
> over the situation.
> Fuel consumption was pretty exactly 1.0 per lap,
> not sure why it happened again.

What are the pit windows in the magic data?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> kedy89 Schreef:
> -----
> > Mullet345 schrieb:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Race has been run, and we have a winner. The
> > race
> > > had passes, crashes, near misses and a
> > spectacular
> > > engine failure from one of the cars that
> > retired.
> > > Part 1 of the coverage will probably be up
> > > tomorrow afternoon as I need to start
> preparing
> > to
> > > go to sleep.
> > >
> > > I also need to ask. With the time penalty
> that
> > is
> > > given to a team that fails to take their 2nd
> > stop,
> > > how exactly is it calculated to determine the
> > time
> > > penalty given?
> >
> >
> > Difference between time gained by doing 1 stop
> > less and time lost on track because of higher
> fuel
> > load and longer stints on tyres. Varies from
> track
> > to track, the coverage should give a better
> view
> > over the situation.
> > Fuel consumption was pretty exactly 1.0 per
> lap,
> > not sure why it happened again.
>
>
>
> What are the pit windows in the magic data?

In TSM, pitstop window shows: Stop 1 on Lap 8, Stop 2 on Lap 18 with a window of 6 for stop 1 and a window of 5 for stop 2. Why do you need this information?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy