How do i extract helmets in GP4?

Posted by Bandon23 
How do i extract helmets in GP4?
Date: May 08, 2014 04:58PM
Posted by: Bandon23
Hello, i'm new and having a problem to extract those helmets in GP4. I'm using some 2001 helmets which is probably called Burti, Zonta and Mazzacane that i downloaded.

Now i need step-by-step on how to extract these helmets, help would be very interested.
Re: How do i extract helmets in GP4?
Date: May 08, 2014 10:45PM
Posted by: mortal
Extract from what? The download? The wad?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 08, 2014 11:11PM
Posted by: quickslick
i think he means he can't unpack the helmets after the download. So i'd suggest to download and install winrar and then it's possible to extract the helmets.
Date: May 09, 2014 01:14PM
I have a winrar, but here is the problem, with the winrar, i need to extract helmets into cars.wad?
Date: May 09, 2014 01:25PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Yes. But you must first all unpack/extract the cars.wad.

Add the helmet files that you have downloaded, and then repack/compress the cars.wad and that'll do the trick.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: May 09, 2014 02:11PM
Use EasyWad [Zaz Tools CSM] or WadUpdater.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 09, 2014 03:09PM
Posted by: TomMK
Another vote for Easywad. It's better.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: May 09, 2014 07:19PM
Another problem is if i associated them in .wad files, i opened them up and easywad crashes instantly. Any ideas?
Date: May 09, 2014 08:00PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
I can't use easywad as well, I think the program is faulty. Use Wad Updater 3.4, I can give you some instructions if you want. :-)
Date: May 10, 2014 01:29AM
Easywad is not faulty. If you're having problems it's due to your setup.

Date: May 10, 2014 03:35AM
Guess why it's called Easywad?.....

Date: May 10, 2014 12:13PM
It's Difficultwad for me. ;)
Date: May 11, 2014 12:34PM
It's not my setup fault. I have Wadupdater 3.4 with me and it not crashes anytime. The problem is that easywad crashes everytime, not my installation fault.

I was trying to search like ZaZ Tools Public in mediafire, although i got it right. Easywad crashes anytime, should i reinstall it?
And btw is there any download link for a ZaZ tools to work better with Easywad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2014 12:36PM by Bandon23.
Date: May 11, 2014 12:45PM
Download it from gp4db or gp4central.

Date: May 11, 2014 04:05PM
When I extract helmets, do I need to delete them like driver_23_1 and 2.tex, first I put Mazzacane_1-2 into cars.wad and rename it to driver23_1-2.tex?
Date: May 11, 2014 10:07PM
Yes, that should be right. :-)
Date: June 07, 2014 01:03PM
Well you can give me instructions tgf1driver on how to use WadUpdater 3.4.
Date: June 07, 2014 04:54PM
Well, you have to extract your wad first. Click at the yellow symbol behind the line of "Select one of the GP4's wad to patch or the wad to extract" (this yellow symbol might be concealed, just make the window fullscreen and it appears). Then a window which asks for a wad-file appears, just search and select the wad you want to extract. Then click "Extract wad", then another window appears and asks for a folder were the extracted wad will be located. Just use the same folder as where the cars.wad is in, just copy the cars.wad of GP4 in an own folder before extracting. Now click save and WadUpdater will extract the wad. Then you go into the folder where the cars.wad was extracted and you click at "cars", then there are "cars", "fonts" and "maps" and you click at "cars" again, then you see a list of many files. You have to rename the downloaded helmet textures with "driver_xy_1/2.tex" and replace the other files (maybe make a backup of the original files!). Then you go out of the folders and back to WadUpdater, click at "Select a folder" and choose the folder with the cars.wad, then click at "cars" (don't go deeper than one time cars, because you need all three folders (cars, fonts and maps) inside the new cars.wad as well, so don't choose the second cars as well!). Then click "Create wad" and another window appears asking you where the file will be saved. When choosing the same folder than the old cars.wad will be overwritten by the new one. WadUpdater will display when the wad is ready for use and how long it took the program to create it, usually this are only 5 to 10 seconds. Then don't forget to put the new cars.wad in the GP4 directory. And then you should hopefully have the new helmets in the game. :-)
Date: June 13, 2014 08:35PM
Umm.. thats a good way to solve that. Is it easy?

P.S.: Well, can i signup for f1 lineup 2007 because 2006 is in the end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2014 08:37PM by Bandon23.
Date: June 14, 2014 12:15AM
It is easy when you follow my instructions. :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy