A Virtual One to One with Geoff Crammond - brought to you by Jim Connors aka jimbob1

Posted by mortal 
The Wait is Over!

A Virtual One to One with Geoff Crammond - brought to you by Jim Connors aka jimbob1

Geoff Crammond

Download the interview (pdf) from here.

A Christmas gift to the community of grandprixgames.org from Geoff Crammond, his management and Jim Connors.
On behalf of the grandprixgames.org community, many thanks to Geoff, his management and to Jim for putting in the effort and making this happen.
Please keep the discussion on topic.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2014 09:50PM by mortal.
Few would have expected something like this, great job! And thanks Geoff for everything! You are the daddy of all simracing games

Geoff Crammond
I wanted to do GP5. Circumstances prevented that from happening.

Does that mean FOM's greed prevented us from having a potentially epic fifth installment? We'll never know...

EDIT: Forgot to mention it, don't read the pdf online. I don't know why but it's buggy and there are annoying spaces everywhere. Download it instead. :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2014 10:14PM by Carlitox.
Awesome, thanks to everyone involved (Y)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
very impressing interview, thank you :)(Y)
possible translation into Spanish?

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Great suprise and a great read! Amazing work with this interveiw!
Everytime I read or hear about Geoff Crammond, I can't help of wonder what Grand Prix 5 would be like

A sim racing legend! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Good job!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
many thanks!
That was awesome. To know I have mainly this man to thank for the countless extremely happy and motivated hours while playing and modding GP4 (and playing the previous installments) is a tad hard to grasp. Thank you very very much Geoff and all those people who've made this interview happen. It was very very nice to hear him speak about the game and how he did things with it.

Thanks again. :-)
Nice one.

Very nice read, thanks for making it happen to everyone involved!
I´m so relieved my mate Geoff didn't heap me with praise. I asked him to respect my privacy and he did.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
That mention of Youtube makes me wonder whose videos he actually saw lol ;)

Great read. It sure feels like he's holding on some subjects, like the source code. But yeh, it's interesting to see what he's up to these days :)
Fantastic gift, great read thanks to everyone involved and to Geoff...your gp4 (and gpx series as a whole) is still the best f1 game made by a large margin :)
Briere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That mention of Youtube makes me wonder whose
> videos he actually saw lol ;)
>
> Great read. It sure feels like he's holding on
> some subjects, like the source code. But yeh, it's
> interesting to see what he's up to these days :)

:-) as soon as i saw that I thought cool he saw Briere's great vids ;-)

Initially I thought the same about him keeping his cards close to the vest on
codes etc...But then I remembered ...he probably does not feel like giving any
other developers any free boost to make $$$ off his work & makes sense to me.

Thanks Jim for this interview it was nice to read & especially nice to hear
he does not begrudge modders keeping his sim up to date (Y)
Fantastic surprise! Unfortunately no real great news in there, but fascinating to hear his thoughts on everything. Thanks to all who were involved!

X (@ed24f1)
Wow thats pretty cool! My compliments for the ones who managed to get and do this interview. Great insight! :-)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Fantastic read! Thanks to Sir Geoff, Jim and everyone involved in bringing us this interview. I knew he looked in on some of the GP4 forums, but I always had the impression he wasn't keen on the improvements the community has made to his GPx series, it's nice to know he appreciates everyone's efforts :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Great to read the old master again (Y). Thanks to everyone being involved.
It's a very, very nice read :) Reading it really made my day!

Thank you all involved for making it happen!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy