Circuit de Reims-Gueux 1960 - Track building by TG

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
i did the same like you stig, but it won't work for me, no idea why
@EricMoinet: I'm using VMLite Windows XP Mode cause I don't trust GP4 with Windows 7. ;)
Re: Circuit de Reims-Gueux 1960 - Track building by TG
Date: April 26, 2014 07:54AM
Posted by: Lo2k
The track even works when launching the game without GPxPatch, so I would rather bet on some extra mod (new names, car, pictures ?).
Is this track the only one crashing actualy ? (if you try to play on other tracks, it works ?)

Yes, of course GP4 works with other tracks! And quickslick said the track doesn't work for him as well. If have installed no mod, but a extra cars.wad with 22 own cars and new names and performances by a performance-file used with GPxSet. And I changed the pit crew order in the anim.wad. But other tracks work perfectly with this settings.... :(
for me it's the only track that crashes. I've used a cars wad 2005 with the related performance file and the anim wad.
TGF1DRIVER écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @EricMoinet: I'm using VMLite Windows XP Mode
> cause I don't trust GP4 with Windows 7. ;)

You should. It's running fine for me. :)

As for the virtual machine, it usually emulates the graphic card as well so you're not on your HW graphic card, which could be the reason of your issue. Plus, it still should be Program Files and not Programme if I'm correct. :)

GP4 crashes in Windows 7 always after 60-70% of a whole race distance! I will never drive a single lap GP4 on Windows 7 again! :-( And this can't be the problem cause I'm quite sure that quickslick doesn't use a XP Mode and he has the same problem! I think I will send the error log to SDI, because we are getting nowhere here at the moment. hot
you are wrong, i only have xp ;)
i have tested the track, loads in TSM for me. But as I said before, no anims in game so maybe the reason why it crashed for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2014 12:32AM by EricMoinet.
Now I have tested Reims with Windows 7 and it works for me too, but I still don't know why it's crashing with Windows XP, I never had such an issue before. Has somebody any idea which file(s) inside the wad are causing the problem? I can't go on with the track when I won't fix this problem. :(
Re: Circuit de Reims-Gueux 1960 - Track building by TG
Date: May 09, 2014 11:40PM
Posted by: SDI
Can it have something to do with the clouds? Is everyone using the same weather settings?

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
I think that the weather.wdt-file is always the same in every track? I noticed that there is only half of the sky visible when driving the track, maybe that is the problem?
Strange thunderstorm cloud over Reims! :-O Anyone an idea what's wrong here? As far as I know I'm the only one with this problem. :(

[www.mediafire.com]

[www.mediafire.com]

Help!
I don't know for sure but if you edited weather.wdt file with notepad, be sure the 3 last lines are as below :
-1.000 ;SkydomeHorizonHeight v2
-1.000 ;SkydomeDomeHeight v2
0.000 ;SkydomeHorizonHeightForReflections v2

This lines in weather.wdt are ok, I never changed this file. Any other ideas?
Now I have to cancel working with tojepo's Reims.wad and will make one myself because I want to finish the track someday. Unfortunately I have not really an idea how to make a wad-file which can be used in GP4. I would be very thankful for a tutorial or some basical instructions.
And here it is: My very first release: Circuit de Reims-Gueux 1960 (France) for everyone! :-)
Please notice: It is only a beta-release! (H)
[www.mediafire.com]
very nice work, for me the track layout and the cc line looks perfect :), it's great to see the progress of the circuit
Outstanding! Fantastic! You should be very proud of what you've achieved! Well done!
Fantastic!

Great track. Thanks for share.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy