xSilvermanx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So many missing Race Drivers. Lucky times for Test
> drivers who want to advance...
>
> To Glen: No, I'm not thinking about switching
> teams ;-)

Do I risk* it? ;)

...of course not - Glen's not killed me for beating him (on an occasional basis) yet, and I'm not going to force the issue ;-)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2014 05:24PM by smoglessbutton4.
kedy89 Wrote:
> here's the car:
> [www.mediafire.com]
>
> Zoom works via scrolling

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you so much, that is exactly what I was looking for

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Ah jesus come on! What a crappy season .. if this is gonna happen again in S10 I'm gonna disband the team.

Here is hope there is someone following the series that would like to enter, or that one of the current testers is interested in making a jump into a race seat for the remainder of the season (with permission of current contract holder off course).

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
I saw something about positions available, may I enquire on some extra details about it?
FlyingFinn19 schrieb:
> I saw something about positions available, may I
> enquire on some extra details about it?

There's a testdriver seat at TrueNorth, and Snake needs a racedriver for at least the next two GPs. Just drop a pm to the owner . Make sure to read the rules, especially #14 about activity ;-)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Another driver change, WTF???

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Due to heavy computer issues, I had to re-install my whole system and hence didn't have the time to check the perfs yet. This means that Snake can and have to replace Jo-Ann for the race seat before the perfs are published. The perfs are therefore on hold until Snake has announced their second driver.

And on a personal note, this is really badass what the Snake drivers are doing to Maikel on a constant basis. No other team has had to fight inactive drivers this much over the past seasons.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
It does raise the question why Snake have a team owner as a test driver wasting a potential spot for someone who could step in.

Maikel, you should have a PM.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
jasonS26 Wrote:
> Another new driver for Snake???
> Sheeesh, all of a sudden, i am the team veteran!

LMFAO! Grey before your time sonny jim :P

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Ferrari2007 schrieb:
> It does raise the question why Snake have a team
> owner as a test driver wasting a potential spot
> for someone who could step in.
>
> Maikel, you should have a PM.

Where's the difference whether Maikel drives himself for his team or drives for another team boss who drives for Snake in return? In both cases they had one test driver for replacement, just like MPR now again has one test driver for replacement cause you occupy the other seat after Monil's leave. I find it a bit unfair to suggest that Maikel shouldn't test-drive anymore because his drivers don't get their activity string together. It's always convenient to suggest something like this from a top-team position where the team owner can choose the drivers he wants and doesn't have much of a problem with activity.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
And out the the ash dust climbs True North Snake Motorsports Super Hyper Mega Mega Team Racing Inc merger!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2014 06:35PM by danm.
Dan, that would be a truly terrifying prospect ;)

John, if Maikel had opted for two actual testers then this problem could likely have been avoided, with another tester available to be slotted in. I'm simply saying it can be avoided.

In my own case I've simply stepped into the test driver role at my team to keep my perf. If anyone wants that seat, be they a race driver, tester, or a new comer, then just let me know and it is yours. I've no intention of ever really returning.

Of all the 'top' teams MPR has probably suffered most from the activity rules, one season losing both our race drivers by the end of the year, one of those a champion in Matt Houston, so i do understand Maikel's frustration. It is also why I've approached Maikel offering him some assistance.

I've been doing this check malarkey for a couple of seasons now, and all I can say is Snake are just so, so unlucky for some unexplainable reason.

I don't think their decision to employ Mal as a tester is wrong at all, since it's very rare that a team is afflicted by that level of inactivity, and so it's not an eventuality that you really cater for since you trust your drivers. I mean, that's how I'd guess it goes...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
The exact situation arose for me, hence why I no longer waste the seat.

Well, it's maybe a waste if the team owner never wants to return to racing, but if they do some day then why not?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
As a team owner, i sit in one of my test seats because I want to be involved! I would love to still be in a race seat, and a team owner as well, but that can't happen! I also know that i will meet the activity checks with no problem - hence why i like having "me" in one of my teams' driving positions.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Gentlemen, I called Jo-Anne on the phone yesterday, as I had not heard from her for over two weeks. She told me her laptop has died, and given that she lives out in the sticks, there is no alternate internet access. When I told her she had lost her seat at Snake due to inactivity, the phone line went BLUE. I did say you should have told me earlier and I could have posted for you, and she said "Oh, I didn't think of that."
I have sent Maikel a pm on this, and I believe he has a case for Jo-Anne to retain her seat as she is keen to do so. Can we hold off on any perf change until the GPGSL makes a decision please.
Meanwhile, Jo-Anne is unable to post until she replaces her laptop. She is aware that I am making an effort on her behalf for her to retain her seat.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
danm Wrote:
> And out the the ash dust climbs True North Snake
> Motorsports Super Hyper Mega Mega Team Racing Inc
> merger!

I vote for True Snake of the Hyper Mega North Racing Inc. ;-)

On SMS' problem, I think the governing body could offer a one-time exception for Maikel, letting him race his car at Monza only, thus granting him more time to find a replacement, while not holding back the event too much. It's just a suggestion that could be added to the rules, since it's not the first time a team struggles with a seat, though it goes without saying Snake has had a great deal of bad luck recently. Anyway, our league directors will have the last word.

EDIT: I didn't see Mal's post until I made mine ;) so maybe all this was a moot point. But my suggestion still stands for another similar situation.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2014 11:23PM by Carlitox.
mortal Wrote:
> Gentlemen, I called Jo-Anne on the phone
> yesterday, as I had not heard from her for over
> two weeks. She told me her laptop has died, and
> given that she lives out in the sticks, there is
> no alternate internet access. When I told her she
> had lost her seat at Snake due to inactivity, the
> phone line went BLUE. I did say you should have
> told me earlier and I could have posted for you,
> and she said "Oh, I didn't think of that."
> I have sent Maikel a pm on this, and I believe he
> has a case for Jo-Anne to retain her seat as she
> is keen to do so. Can we hold off on any perf
> change until the GPGSL makes a decision please.
> Meanwhile, Jo-Anne is unable to post until she
> replaces her laptop. She is aware that I am making
> an effort on her behalf for her to retain her
> seat.

I would suggest that Jo-Anne's inactivity is unavoidable so doesn't contravene the rules, therefore we should press ahead without any changes to Snake. AMR may have had the same situation with Andrei Sevastian. He contacted me a few weeks after being removed from the team, informing me of the troubles he has had, alas he has been incommunicado for so long since, he may have given up on his GPGSL career.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I'm with Stoopid on this one

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy