GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Indeed it's sad to see VSM leave. But on the other hand I'm very glad that after his initial announcement a few seasons ago, Rico decided to stay a while longer with this glorious team. And it'll interesting to see which team he'll be racing for next season. Are you sure you're not too old for the track already? ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sad to see VSM go Rico. You will be missed as a team boss I can tell you. You were a great help getting Christel VXR off the ground.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Sad to hear. Rico, maybe it's the right decision for you and I understand that you want to race. Thanks for all your pleasure. It's these kind of people and their spirit that keeps this series alive. Let's rock the last 12 races and all the best to Ruben for the next season.
Also been a pleasure to paint the cars and race/test for you. All the best for your way through the pitlane. (it's the only place where you'll run in front ;) )

For sure there will be a "good-bye"-livery at some stages and also a nice collage of the best VSM moments.
Looking forward to Montreal, my favorite track!
Sad to see VSM go, that was my first preference for the next team I would eventually drive for (in a few seasons).

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2014 08:31PM by SchueyFan.
Very sad to see VSM go, but proud to have been able to drive for them for the past couple of seasons, thanks to Rico for the big break. Now it's time for the hard part of finding a new team for next season.

Thanks for your participation as a team owner Rico. I've known about this announcement for some time, and I would think there would be other team owners that would have been 'in the know' as well. The closure means that Greidanus GP will be on the grid for S10, we say goodbye to one team, and welcome another. :-) Good luck for the rest of the series.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Blimey, gonna look strange next season not seeing a Van Smirren car on the track. Am pretty sure dealing with Rico was how I got involved with racing on GPG in the first place.

Good luck to Ruben in terms of starting his team - been a long time waiting :)

Very sad to see VanSmirren Motorsports leaving as a team, it'll definitely feel weird going into S10! Glad to see Rico returning to racing :)

Looking forward on the other hand to seeing Greidanus Grand Prix finally in action!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Yep, will be really strange not having the VSM on the grid next season, but at least we will not be losing Rico. It just wouldn't be the same without him :)

And Ruben joins the team owners club ;) I remember the black and gold porsche powered cars in the W300 :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Well done to Rico and VSM in being a constant in GPGSL for so long. A gracious send off is well deserved.
On behalf of Demon Racing, we wish VSM a fond farewell and to Rico, we also knew this decision was on the horizon. One team leaves, a new team arrives. Best of luck to all involved....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
To say we all knew this decision was on the horizon is an exaggeration. It came as a complete surprise to me.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Sad news indeed regarding VSM's decision to leave the GPGSL. Hopefully the drivers and team members will be able to find a new team for next season. So I assume it's now up to Ruben in regards to whether or not he enters his team into the series for next season. I for one hope he does, as I would like to see his teams Porsche powered black and gold livery hit the track.

Demon Racing press release :

Hmmmm, in light of VSM departing the GPGSL, Demon Racing called a quick team meeting. Checking the list of teams on the owners waiting list, the admins at DMR nervously thumbed down to #2 on the list - our very own Mr Legge.
After numerous pizzas, the meeting broke up, hoping we would be able to retain our gun driver, and not have to search for another new driver for the team. Time will tell....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
No more VSM?! No Ruben in a race seat?! Season 10 looks like its gonna be looking very different indeed. As Dan highlighted, that only leaves MPR and TSM that'll have made it from 1 to 10...

I'm glad to see Ruben will get the chance to be a team owner however, we need this guy in the series!

As a VSM driver (and former rival) I'm sad to see the team retire after 9 seasons. I wish Ricardo all the best for his racing career. It was a pleasure to be part of VSM and I want to make it finish well :-)

My GPGSL Career
Team Shadow Mercedes Announcement

Recent events in the GPGSL have been thought provoking to say the least. Team Shadow shall say goodbye to one of their most loyal race drivers and indeed to one of the biggest personalities in the paddock at the end of the season. Ruben Greidanus' retirement from racing in the series came as a shock to me and to many in the team. Together we have picked up 5 race victories, 13 podium finishes and 471 championship points to date.

Since being promoted from our Driver Development Programme and replacing Ed Greenhalgh in the team, Ruben has proven countless times that he is one of very few drivers with the raw pace to match the aussie on the circuit. Unfortunately, Team Shadow have been unable to give him the opportunity to win the championship he deserves.

This fact has troubled me. As such, when I was approached with an offer that would see Ruben continue to compete in the series I jumped at the chance!

A good friend now for many years, Ricardo van Smirren and I have competed against each other since appearing in the World 300 Series. Before that series folded, we even held discussions to arrange for Rico to drive for Team Shadow Subaru. Rico, recently presented to me the opportunity to work together again!

Retiring from running his own team, Van Smirren Motorsports, Rico shall be focussing completely on his skills as a race driver from season 10 onwards. I am only too happy to announce that he shall be crafting those skills behind the wheel of a Team Shadow Mercedes!

I believe that Rico's experience both on and off the race track can help to push Team Shadow back into the limelight. Despite results not falling our way of late, I have the firm belief that with a shared passion for the series Rico and I can help lead a new era of success in the GPGSL from season 10 onwards.

Rico
I am honoured and thrilled to enter my next chapter in this series with such a big respected team. Quite frankly it is the team i dreamt of racing for ever since my start in the W300. Thankfully I know quite a lot of guys in the team already as they were also there when i tested for them in S2. There is still a long time to go before i can officially drive in the car but it's good to have signed this deal so early to be able to go to the factory and set-up the car to my style before the start of S10. But who knows... I might just be able to sneak in the car for a in-season test.

I would like to thank Tom Pellatt for this dream fulfilling opportunity and I'd like to wish Ruben Greidanus all the best with managing his own team. I am sure he will enjoy it as much as i did.

This deal means Ruben shall also be given the chance to join the series in a team owner role which is incredibly exciting. I remember well when he previously ran Team Greidanus Porsche and I look forward to competing with him on track from next season onwards.

For now, I wish both Ruben and Rico all the best for the rest of the season. There's a long way to go and a lot of planning to do before these changes take effect!

Ah, the ol' switcheroo...very shrewd indeed!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Short announcement

Greidanus Grand Prix will enter the GPGSL in S10 replacing Van Smirren Motorsports. More news will follow...

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Look out, the Dutch are coming ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
And a Dutch team is still on the grid, good for those equality types

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy