F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Season Finale! - Results PG38

Posted by F1_Manager 
Yay, we're back!

Midland

Awesome results, they look quite promising for the rest of the weekend. Eager to see what results awaits us!
2006 Bahrain Grand Prix,Round 1 - Qualifying

2006 new qualifying format got underway today which will witness a 15-minute session is held first, in which the six slowest cars from that session are eliminated and thus set in grid positions 17–22.Another 15-minute session is held with the remaining cars, and again the six slowest cars are eliminated and set in positions 11–16.A final 20 minute session then decides the top 10 grid positions..So lets have a look what happened in Q1

Q1

The two McLarens headed the first quali session in convincing style a good few tenths of the nearest challenger of Alonso in the Renault,Midland continued to surprise with 7th and 8th,with the Ferraris disappointing down the order but not as bad as the Toyotas and the Red Bulls,who along with Glock and Heidfeld were the first eliminated from the new qualifying format..

Raikkonen going Fastest

Q1 Times

Q2

Q2 saw Robert Kubica go fastest with a well timed lap early in the session,with the Renaults improving to be in amongst the Mclarens at the front..a good job from the Midlands and the BMW team to make the top 10 shootout..Montagny just missed out on the shootout with a slight error on his last run,with also the two Hondas,Villeneuve,Verstappen,and Kovalainen failing to make the cut..

Kubica sets the pace

Q2 times

Q3

The top ten shootout saw both Renaults lock out the front row with Jenson button on the pole for his new team,The Midlands were mighty impressive with the second row lockout,with the BMWs on the third row,The two Mclaren drivers had to be upset with there efforts after setting the pace in q1 and q2 they line up 7th and 9th..The world champion will start tenth on the grid..

Button on the pole

Q3 Times

Starting Grid

Williams F1

"We were used to better results. Next 2-3 races will be hard for us."

My GPGSL Career
Renault F1 Team
Yes! A front row lockout! Great start to the season. Let's hope we can convert this into a 1-2 finish.
Looks like you stole my idea Alesi, I'd just put the new qualifying format on my list of possible improvements for 2007 ;)

Also, I've just realised that I forgot to send you over the log in details for the main account so I'll send them over asap :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Re: F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Bahrain Qualifying - Pg 5
Date: February 13, 2013 12:09AM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Despite a disappointing performance, i like the way the coverage has been done :)

Let's hope the race is an improvement!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Re: F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Bahrain Qualifying - Pg 5
Date: February 13, 2013 12:57AM
Posted by: mogotron
BMW Sauber

5th for DC and 6th for JPM!! Lets get some points!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2013 09:25PM by mogotron.
Honda
Comparing to last year's pace, seems like we are going to battle for points more consistently now! A decent result for our team!
Midland

Absolutely beautiful. Didn't expect to be 3rd and 4th on the grid, so we're in a good position to score points!
Unfortunately it appears that Alesi has, for whatever reason, vanished from the face of the earth which is a slight worry. However, considering how long we've been waiting to get this round done now, the show must go on! So, if Alesi hasn't resurfaced by Friday, I'll run the round myself and get the mod updated and uploaded so we can hopefully get cracking with round 2 next week :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Great!!!
Twigster151 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately it appears that Alesi has, for
> whatever reason, vanished from the face of the
> earth which is a slight worry. However,
> considering how long we've been waiting to get
> this round done now, the show must go on! So, if
> Alesi hasn't resurfaced by Friday, I'll run the
> round myself and get the mod updated and uploaded
> so we can hopefully get cracking with round 2 next
> week :)

Haha,i am still here m8!..My apoligies moving into a new flat and it has been a hectic few weeks..If you can wait i will have it done and dusted for the weekend??

Sorry again guys :)
Is this happening?
mogotron Wrote:
> Is this happening?

Yes m8 race has been done and won :)..Report will be up as soon as..
Thanks alesi.
2006 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix - Round 1,Race

Hello and welcome to the first round of the 2006 FIA Formula 1 World championship.Yesterday qualifying saw the 2 Renaults lock out the front row,with the Midland the surprise of the day with the second row lockout..With practice pace setters Mclaren down in 7th and 9th and Ferraris down the grid,we hope for a good race with plenty of overtaking..Anyway the lights are on and we are ready for the off...

And it is go,for Bahrain 2006!!..

Button leads the from teammate Alonso,with Lotterer passing Frentzen for 3rd..Raikkonen also with a super start is 5th after turn 1..Kubica also up a couple of place with Montoya falling down to 8th..Da Matta is 11th after a mega start from 19th on the grid!!

Raikkonen all over the back of Frentzen for 4th,finally passes him in to the last corner,good move!

A look at the standings after the first lap..

Raikkonen continues his charge through the field and passes Lotterer for 3rd..

Davidson has a spin..rejoins last

Coulthard also has an off at the last corner,he rejoins in 21st..

Some great battles going on down the field..

Lotterer is now running 5th..Replays show he ran wide at turn 7,losing a place to Kubica

But immediately is back on the tail of the Mclaren,and taking the place back with a good move into turn 1,also setting the fastest lap in the process,Great stuff!

As Raikkonen is all over the back of Alonsos Renault,here is a look at the standings..

Raikkonen pulls a great pass on Alonso to take 2nd,.the Finn is on a mission the day!!..

Meanwhile Lotterer has found pace in his Midland to set the fastest lap..

Whats this,a second Honda spinning,this time its Leinders turn to make an error,he rejoins last..

Down the field Villeneuve takes Montagny for 11th,nice clean pass..

Looks like a smoking Super Aguri..It is and Kovalainen becomes the first retirement of 2006 with a water leak..

Major development Alonso is in the lead!!

Raikkonen is facing backwards at the last turn,Button is also in the gravel!!

Button rejoins in last place,but Raikkonen has lost his front wing he will have to pit,disaster for the Finn who was flying through the field!!

Replays show the two of them got together at the last corner while fighting for the lead!!

A look at the standings after 10 Laps..With Lotterer pressuring Alonso for the lead.

Lotterer takes the lead!!

Leinders is off the track and out with brake problems

Alonso is also out with transmission problems!!Renaults nightmare continues!!

Can lotterer take a famous win for the new team Midland?

Da Matta puts a good move on Montagny for 14th..

Frentzen running an excellent 5th in his comeback race,while his team mate sets a new fastest lap..

Glock and Massa have a shunt while battling for 7th..Massa lost a few places and falls to 9th,Glock rejoins 17th..

Coulthard kick starts the first round of stops

Vettel having a storming drive nearly lost his front wing on Villeneuves Williams,both get away unscathed..

Kubica leads but is yet to stop..

More drivers in for their first stop..

R Schumacher passes Davidson for 12th

Verstappen now leads..but at end of lap is in the pits handing Frentzen the lead..

Frentzen leads and looks as if he is on a one stop strategy,this is looking really good for Midland..standings after the first round of stops..

Coulthard,Raikkonen and Davidson battle it out for 14th with the Scot taking the place for BMW..

Frentzen and Lotterer are having a titanic scrap for the lead!!..The Midland team boss can barely look!!...Over 2 laps of action between the team mates with Lotterer finally making the move stick..this is Great stuff!!

Meanwhile of camera Montoya takes Montagny for 3rd,with Verstappen pressuring the one stopping STR..

Half way point standings check..

Whats going on here Montoya is missing..

Looks like the Colombian has had an off and rejoins in 8th, disappointing for BMW!..

The one stoppers are finally in the pits..

Meanwhile Jos "the boss" scythes his way past Kubica to take 2nd in his Ferrari,Mega move!!

A quick standings check...

JV passes MS for 5th,good move!!..

Raikkonen in for his final stop..

Buttons off again,What a dismal day for the Brit..

Davidson finally makes his stop,going long has not worked for him today..

The second round of pit stops gets underway...

The race leader is off!!..But fortunately for him he rejoins in the lead.. Heart-stopping moment for the Midland team..

More drivers in for there second stop..

Massa and Raikkonen touch while battling down the field..both survive with no damage..

The second round of stops continue...

With the final round of stops over,it looks very good for the Midland team..

Lotterer sets a new fastest lap,this is a great drive from the German!!

Frentzen has a brake problem and has to pit!!..Disaster for the German he rejoins in 9th

A look at the standings with 10 to go..

A great battle raging for 6th,with the recovering Frentzen passing Vettel for 8th..

MS puts a good move on Montagny for 6th..

Frentzen follows suit to take 7th..

With 5 to go Lotterer has a huge lead,will this be Midlands day??

Under pressure from Vettel,Montagny runs wide and lose's a few places,drops back to 11th..

Ms spins!!,Frentzen joins him in sympathy!!Ms rejoins 5th,Frentzen falls back to 10th..

That puts Raikkonen back in the points..

Major development!!,Race leader is off the track,its heart break for the Midland team!!..With just 3 laps to go Lotterer has retired with a suspension failure!! Unbelievable!!

That puts Vertappen in the lead,can he win his first ever race??

An awesome battle in the closing stages see's R Schumacher all over the back of Raikkonen with Frentzen in hot pursuit,and Vettel taking 5th place from MS,What a Mega drive from Vettel!!..

But at the front Jos Vertappen wins!!!What a great drive from the Dutchman to take his first ever win...

Robert Kubica an excellent 2nd..

And Juan Montoya completes the podium,if not for his error he could have won today..

Solid drive from Jacques Villeneuve to be 4th...

A stunning performance from Sebastian Vettel from last on the grid he finishes 5th...

Defending World Champion takes 6th..

With Raikkonen 7th,and Ralf Schumacher just edging out Frentzen for the final point in the Toyota!!

Fastest Lap Times

Final Race Standings

DOTD - Has to be Andre Lotterer so close to his first win only for reliability to strike.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2013 11:48PM by F1_Manager.
Huge thanks for getting this race out Alesi, it's great help :)

It's a bit late now to get the tables up tonight, so I'll get them done tomorrow and upload them along with a new version of the mod which begs the question, does anyone fancy doing round 2? :)

Twigster151 Wrote:
> Huge thanks for getting this race out Alesi, it's
> great help :)
>
> It's a bit late now to get the tables up tonight,
> so I'll get them done tomorrow and upload them
> along with a new version of the mod which begs the
> question, does anyone fancy doing round 2? :)

No worries m8,my apologies i couldn't get it done sooner!!I can't help with round 2 still got a lot of stuff to do with my flat,once i get settled in i can do more races:)

Toyota statement

What a great drive from Ralf to pick up the final point,Cristiano had a bad day at the office,all in all an ok result for the team :)
RED BULL

Great drive from both boys

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
BMW Sauber

Good recover from JPM podium, and for DC disaster.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy