Gp4 mod and tsm track install

Posted by mick100 
Gp4 mod and tsm track install
Date: April 02, 2012 09:35PM
Posted by: mick100
Trying to install tracks with tsm and I am having a frustrating problem!It is the 1991 mod from gp4 database which I have installed but the problem is when I go to a track it will not load the 1991 track but the original one.So instead of phoenix usa I get indianapolis.I have googled and searched for a solution but still after working inside tsm and my gp4 directory I still can't get the 1991 track pack to work.
Any help please would be great.
Ps:I have looked at loads of problem and guide threads but still no help.I am doing something wrong or missing something which is really frustrating!
Re: Gp4 mod and tsm track install
Date: April 02, 2012 09:44PM
Posted by: plodekk
You have to select the 1991.ini settings the CSM, as in the image:

Track-Packs 1988-1991-1993-1994-1995-1997-1999
Date: April 02, 2012 10:05PM
Hi plodekk thanks for the screen shot.I remember going to the mod config in csm and in the drop down box these were the choices.1991 mod ini.1991 real and 1991 alternate.I have tried them all but no joy.I am doing something wrong and silly but I can't seem to see the woods for the trees as they sy:-(
Date: April 02, 2012 10:54PM
Posted by: gitanes
Hi,
GP4 database's 1991 trackpack is missing some tracks, because they simply were not done when released. So, for example, if you look at adelaide1991.dat (with gp-builder) you will see the Albert Park layout. Same thing with Mexico City (A1-Ring) etc.
There are actually two solutions:
a) you search for all missing tracks and install them manually in your trackpack. You can do it from within TSM, or you can put the files in the Adelaide 1991 folder and edit the adelaide.ini file to reflect the new names (lines wad=.... and dat=...)
b) you get plodekk & cleberpister's trackpacks (look at plodekk's signature, 2 post above)

Have fun!

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: April 03, 2012 01:18AM
Gitanes thank you lots for your advice and infohotDownloaded plodekks track packs and wow they all work.Didn't realise the gp4 database had missing tracks.Thanks again Gitanes and thanks plodekks and cleberpister's for your track packs and hard work in making them.They are brilliant!Now for the 88 track pack(Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy