2012 Australian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Incident 2k9 
Re: 2012 Australian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: March 14, 2012 01:14PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Just starting to see some pics form Australia, looks like the kerbs are a different color again this year, yellow and Green.
Date: March 14, 2012 01:21PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yeah, a lot of tracks have been changing kerb colours recently - Spa, Monza etc.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 14, 2012 01:23PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Ed did you get my PM mate?
Date: March 14, 2012 02:03PM
Posted by: Isaint
Please ... Please, let Mercedes be sandbagging. Let there be some state of the art inovation, that even Adrian Newey over looked and please let the Mercedes team fly with it and please let Michael win with Nico second and please .... please let it be so ..... ;-)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: March 14, 2012 02:20PM
Posted by: danm
I am going to put a whole pound on Nico to win out of dreams, and a separate bet for Kimi in the top three.

Rain? Button for the win, realistically.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 14, 2012 04:10PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
hmm, no so sure about button in the rain. remember last year schumacher set the fastest lap on inters in monteral. Furthermore, he was flying on the damped silverstone track. Button is a good bet as well, though
Date: March 14, 2012 04:33PM
Canada 2011. Hungary 2006.

Master of changable conditions, stunning wins!

Date: March 14, 2012 05:02PM
Posted by: chet
You can list races in double figures where he's shown strong pace in such conditions. IMO I've always thought it's the same talent that is his downfall for inbalanced car's and tyre sensitivity in the dry.

Watching the season review of 2011 and I feel ashamed to say this but the noses look odd. The 2011 noses I mean :(.

I should have my official f1 fan right's taken away :(

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 14, 2012 06:26PM
Posted by: marcl
Seeing the review of 2011 on Sky last night I have to admit I am so happy I got Sky and do not have to listen to Ben on the BBC.

I get fed up with this Canada talk from last year tbh. Yes it was a great drive but he should have been given a drive through and had the safety car not come out Button would have been a lap down without a chance.

It was a lucky win tbh and one that he should have a received a penalty for as he knocked Alonso off and caused a safety car. We have seen drive throughs for less than that.

Christ had that been Lewis that done all that people would have been up in arms.

Sorry thats my view on it.

Im hoping for a dry race so we can see how the cars perform and have some good racing.
Date: March 14, 2012 07:18PM
Posted by: J i m
In full wet comditions there's a whole host of drivers you'd put some beans on.. Schumacher has countless classic wins in the wet, Hamilton can count Fuji 07 & Silverstone 08 as excellent victories in torrential rain as an Vettel at china 09.

Button's advantage lays in the transition from wet/damp to dry. He's extremely good during that transition period and melbourne & china 10, Montreal & Hungary 11 illustrates this perfectly yet it's worth noting that in the fully wet races of nurburgring 07, Silvestone 08 he dropped the ball by spinning out and in China 09 he lost to both red bulls.

It's in the transition from wet to greasy dry that he excels in.

Date: March 14, 2012 11:30PM
Nurburgring.... the race he went from almost dead last at T1 to 4th in a handful of laps before getting caught out by the river, not his fault. At Silverstone, I agree, but those watching live timing will have fond memories of seeing a whole heap of purple before he went off. That wasn't the issue, it was his recovery which was. If's and but's but a race where IMO a podium alongside Lewis was possible.

I would argue Vettel and maybe Lewis are stronger in full wet conditions but Button too is somewhere up there. China 07 was pretty amazing too. Though that was between mixed, and wet I guess. And he was probably out shone by Vettel, in arguably a better car that day.

Date: March 15, 2012 07:34AM
Posted by: IWE
Heikki have new helmet (for whole season):

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 15, 2012 10:16AM
Argh no! My eyes MY EYES!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

But seriously he's just dumped which was a brilliant base design to replace it with what can only be described as a monstrosity.

In a way though he's making a reference to the beak nose.

Still, I tire of drivers who have to drastically change their designs every few races. What's wrong with keeping the same basic design throughout your career with just the odd tweak to tidy it up?

Date: March 15, 2012 11:04AM
Posted by: flat tyre
Haha, call me whatever you want, but I love it! Yes he had a good design before, but this is refreshingly fun :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: March 15, 2012 11:08AM
Oh it's fun alright, and Heikki is indeed fun. But it's still hideous.

Date: March 15, 2012 12:25PM
Is it angry birds ?

His old helmet was one of the best in the field :(

Date: March 15, 2012 01:53PM
Heikki must read autosport forums for sure.

In other news, has anyone noticed how fixated the media is with Mercedes this year? Almost all news stories I am seeing are about Mercedes, photos of Nico and Michael. Track previews... with Mercedes.

I have never before seen such one sided focus on a single team since Lewis and McLarenmania in 2007.

Date: March 15, 2012 03:10PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
that is because they are improving. e.g., they introduced a radical new rear wing, giving higher straight line speed.
Date: March 15, 2012 03:19PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Yeh I have noticed it too, I think it's because everyone see's this year as the year they will truely be competitive, so more focus has been on them breaking into the top 3 and whether they will do it rather than say how force India or renault or caterham will do. Should be interesting to see but I guess we will have to wait til tonight to find out

On heikkis helmet, I too am not a big fan of drivers changing helmet a lot (looking at you seb), but I can let heikki off with this one as it's pretty funny and suits his character down to the ground.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: March 15, 2012 03:44PM
Posted by: matt3454
I like his helmet, quite fun!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy