-------------------------------------------------------
> I wouldn't bet against Alonso if he were driving
> Fred Flintstone's car.

Hopefully you weren't betting in 2009.

X (@ed24f1)
Re: Let's speculate a bit
Date: March 09, 2012 10:35AM
Posted by: J i m
I bet that Button would win the championship in 2009 ;-)

The point is though Alonso is a relentless driver who'll drag more performance than anyone could reasonably expect from a car.

Date: March 09, 2012 12:51PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Of course, I'm just joking. The 2009 Renault was a terrible car for most of the year and he did a reasonable job with it.

Speaking of betting, I saw on another forum that apparently someone bet $1000 on each Jordan and Minardi to get on the podium at Indy 2005 - presumably on the Friday or something - and ended up winning $240k! (I don't think it was Max, Jean or Bernie as far as I know).

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2012 12:52PM by SchueyFan.
Date: March 10, 2012 03:53PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I had a dream last night that Petrov had won the first 5 races of 2012... So, if dreams really do come true and I put a £1000 bet on that on Ladbrokes, I'd have £2.5million ;) But then again, he was driving for Lotus (aka Renault), so maybe my subconcious mind isn't so trustworthy afterall!

Saying that, though, the two Lotus drivers have some very tempting odds. Raikonnen is 14/1 and Grosjean is 33/1. I might just run down the bookies and put some money on one of them...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: March 10, 2012 04:06PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
schumacher has 29:1. i think it is much more likely for himbecoming a champ, than kimi, double more likely if it is michael or grosjean. but its your call
Date: March 10, 2012 04:07PM
and btw, seriously, i had a dream that the mercedes start 1-2 at melbourne (nico was pole sitter). a few nights later, i dreamed that schumacher is on the podium :)
Date: March 10, 2012 04:32PM
Screw you guys... I'm putting £100 on Karthikeyan. I don't know the odds but they're bound to be epic.

Date: March 10, 2012 06:02PM
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> schumacher has 29:1. i think it is much more
> likely for himbecoming a champ, than kimi, double
> more likely if it is michael or grosjean. but its
> your call

The odds I put are only for who wins in Australia. I might stick a tenner on Kimi. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 10, 2012 06:36PM
aaah, only for the aussie gp. Fine, i didnt get that ;) Good luck mate. I ll put 10 euro on schuey for WC. it would be quite unbelievable if he does it.

As to your bet, i think you have high chances of winning (or actually high compared to the odds your are gettin';). The aussie gp has almost always brought surprises and many underdogs have won there over the years (button 2010, irvine 1999, fisichella 2005, Button 2009--> who expected thattt, coulthar 1997 as well and villeneuve in 1996 too--> although he didnt win, he would have, hadnt it been for team orders).

Good luck
Date: March 10, 2012 07:40PM
Posted by: EC83
Before the 2001 Australian GP(like a week or two before it) I predicted that Schumacher would win with DC second and Rubens third, and that Hakkinen would crash. I dunno if any bookies take bets that specific, but I soon wished I had! (Although to be honest I probably wasn't old enough to bet at the time)

Date: March 10, 2012 10:33PM
Yeah the odds are very good, especially as you say Australia can throw up some freak results. I ended up putting a fiver on Raikonnen and a fiver on Rosberg. I wanted to put some money on Schumacher, too, but I didn't want to spend too much... Good luck with your bet, too, I think that's another very good one there.

And that's unbelieveable, EC83, I bet you could've lived off interest for the rest of your life if you put money on that :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 10:34PM by flat tyre.
Date: March 11, 2012 08:16AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I'd say Lotus is more likely than Mercedes still. In my opinion the 2012 Mercedes is a bit like the 2011 Ferrari - lots of long runs at testing, extremely reliable and a solid car, but not enough to challenge the big guns.

I would like to see Schumacher get at least one podium before he packs up his kit again though!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 11, 2012 08:48AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I've got Money on Vettel and Raikkonen. More money on Vettel than on Raikkonen but the payback would be mint!
Date: March 11, 2012 10:27AM
I never see the point of putting money on a favourite. You win you get pennies back... To get a big return on them you have to put down a large wager and if they loose then you look like a complete idiot.

I tend to put small bets on an outsider who could be a dark horse. I seldom take up odds shorter than 10/1. More often 15/1 upto 30/1

It's like someone in 2004 being smug because they bet on Schumacher to win... But he was so dominant that year that to bet on him winning would have gained you nothing... But... A flutter on Kimi at Spa or Montoya at Brazil would have paid off nice enough for return of upto £100 for a £5-10 stake.

I haven't put any bets on for a while, partly because it's a waste of money overall and easy to get addicted. I only really consider it these days if I get a really good feeling about something and if the odds make it worth it.

Date: March 11, 2012 01:25PM
Yeah I'm the same, Jim, although for some bets it can be pretty tempting. There's one to see who does better over the whole season - Vettel or Alonso - and I admit that had me thinking about it.

The last time I put on a bet was before the 2009 season. I had £10 on Vettel to win the championship at 25/1. But the frustrating thing is that I almost put another £10 on Button to win the championship at 80/1...

Date: March 11, 2012 01:39PM
I think mine on button was 25/1.. I left it a bit late really because after a couple of days testing the odds on brawn came down rather sharply... wonder why ;) I also had Barrichello at 33/1 just to cover it.

Someone asked me for advice prior to 2010 who to put a bet on for the championship. They wanted to put their money on Hamilton or Vettle.. I talked them out of it because the bookies were offering short odds on both, I told them that Webber was an attractive outside bet.

Date: March 11, 2012 01:57PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Would the bookies take bets on the next GP2 champion? I'm tempted to put a bet on James Calado winning...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: March 11, 2012 06:34PM
Posted by: danm
Oz is often surprising. If Mercedes are indeed dark horses; or the Renault is actually a secret winner, Grosjean/Kimi/Schumacher/Rosberg would be my bets.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 13, 2012 11:28AM
Yeah... I've just glimpsed some odds and going by my philosophy Rosberg at 20/1 and Schumacher & Kimi at 25/1 are attractive bets.

Whilst again if someone asked me for the outside bet for the championship.. Webber at 16/1 is worth a punt.

Date: March 13, 2012 02:17PM
Posted by: chet
You can bet who's quickest in P1, so ill either chose Nico or Grosjean/Kimi and again chose one of them 3 for a win.

Apparently weather looks abit dodgy. In which case, if it is i'll be betting on a Nico win all the way!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy