Senna signs for Williams *CONFIRMED*

Posted by danm 
Senna signs for Williams *CONFIRMED*
Date: January 17, 2012 11:19AM
Posted by: danm
[www.f1sa.com]

Brings lots of cash and sponsors. Good move. The boy deserves a proper seat.

:)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 10:17PM by danm.
Re: Senna signs for Williams *TBC*
Date: January 17, 2012 11:30AM
Posted by: J i m
There's certainly some hints of this about, but no official news out just yet. I do admit it's looking ever more likely though.

I still maintain a Maldonaldo - Bruno lineup is bonkers though :P

Date: January 17, 2012 12:16PM
Could Williams do any worse than 2011!?

Date: January 17, 2012 12:23PM
Well.. Yes they could. They could come last with 0 points.

Date: January 17, 2012 01:31PM
Ok, inspite of a epic fail in the announcement side of things... It has happend.

As much as I disagree with the line-up, at least Bruno has a better chance to prepare for his season now.

Date: January 17, 2012 01:43PM
Posted by: kubica2
i hate f1s culture of teams relying on pay drivers. there are so many better drivers that deserve a go in f1 then Senna, he hasnt shown any special talent at all. he is in the algesuari, buemi league, but has a faouse surname, which frank williams will no doubt talk about, as it was his car that ayrton died in.
Date: January 17, 2012 01:52PM
Yes, not ideal exactly. But as pay drivers go neither Maldonaldo or Bruno are in the league of crapiness of a Ricardo Rosset, Sakon Yamamoto etc.

Neither are going to be troubling the top step of the podium, nor the other two steps but neither will the car allow them. I think Bruno will be steady enough with some testing behind him.

Re: Senna signs for Williams *CONFIRMED*
Date: January 17, 2012 02:31PM
I have a lot of respect for Bruno.

Enough talk of the Ayrton shite. Boring. He is is own man.

The guy only got back into racing half a decade ago, was shoved into a useless and poor F1 car in little stints.

When he did get a longer stint in the Renault, the boy did well enough to outpace his 'more experienced' teammate in Petrov. He also finished every race. For a relative rookie, he didn't bin it once!

So with a full proper season, who knows. I think if the car is a midfield contender, he could be scrapping for odd points on a good day. That would be considered fantastic.

He may not have set the world alight, but neither did Alonso in the Minardi.

Both have put in some worthy performances in otherwise un-noticable cars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 02:31PM by danm.
Date: January 17, 2012 02:47PM
I partially disagree, Alonso was incredible in that Minardi simply incredible.

Date: January 17, 2012 02:49PM
Posted by: Morbid
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a lot of respect for Bruno.
>
> Enough talk of the Ayrton shite. Boring. He is is
> own man.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem so. Just take a look at the comments fed to the press:

Autosport article

Bruno Senna
"It will be very interesting to drive for a team that my uncle has driven for, particularly as quite a few of the people here actually worked with Ayrton. Hopefully we can bring back some memories and create some great new ones too."

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: January 17, 2012 07:12PM
Posted by: IWE
danm Wrote:
> Could Williams do any worse than 2011!?

No.. (N)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: January 17, 2012 07:40PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I think it's a good move. Williams benefit from his talent (untapped at the moment) and money, and Bruno benefits as he can prove himself a bit more. Especially if he ignites a revival in the team's fortunes.

I think the team needs a bit of freshness, bringing in a new technical team, engine and driver might stop the rot if the car is well designed.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 07:42PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: January 17, 2012 09:12PM
Posted by: chet
Look at it this way... You can question Bruno all you like but you can't question his speed. This year he just needs to be quick more consistently.

I dont think Williams could have got anyone better given the choice. Sutil's had his chance. He was pretty good last year, but only when it became apparent he might not have a ride for 2012!!

Im a fan of Bruno's so maybe biased, but I am pleased for this, pleased for him and Williams, if he brings money then thats fantastic too. Also, I certainly have a new wallpaper favourite for next year. It's always been either Button, Bruno or Rubens. But now combining my favourite team with a favourite driver :D!

As the saying with a car goes, its easier to make a quicker car reliable, than an unreliable car quicker. I believe the same applies to drivers. Bruno has shown he's got the speed, its just translating that into results.

edit - I know its blah blah Senna... BUT anyone else sensing the irony that the nephew of Ayrton Senna is replacing Barachello, the once rookie when Ayrton was driving? Rubens looked up to him, and in turn Ayrton showed a great amount of respect toward Rubens. Personally I think Rubens will be glad he's being replaced with Bruno rather than anyone else, would be easier to swallow I guess!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 09:14PM by chet.
Date: January 17, 2012 09:36PM
Posted by: EC83
Great news for me. And as much as I'd ideally like to see Rubens carry on in F1, Bruno is the one driver I don't mind him stepping down in favour of.
And joining a team that Ayrton once drove for might actually be a smart career move if he wants to get himself established in F1. Williams might not be a frontrunning team but they have a lot of experience, and they'll be good at helping a driver in Bruno's position gain experience and confidence quickly.

chet Wrote:
> Look at it this way... You can question Bruno all
> you like but you can't question his speed. This
> year he just needs to be quick more consistently.

Exactly.

> edit - I know its blah blah Senna... BUT anyone
> else sensing the irony that the nephew of Ayrton
> Senna is replacing Barachello, the once rookie
> when Ayrton was driving? Rubens looked up to him,
> and in turn Ayrton showed a great amount of
> respect toward Rubens. Personally I think Rubens
> will be glad he's being replaced with Bruno rather
> than anyone else, would be easier to swallow I
> guess!

Yep, there's irony everywhere with this one :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 09:45PM by EC83.
Date: January 18, 2012 02:03AM
Posted by: Morbid
chet Wrote:
> As the saying with a car goes, its easier to make
> a quicker car reliable, than an unreliable car
> quicker.

That is not the way the saying goes. It goes like this: "It is easier to fix a quick car that is unreliable, than it is to fix a reliable car that is slow."

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2012 02:03AM by Morbid.
Date: January 29, 2012 07:18PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
poor old mercedes then...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy