Renault(Sorry, Lotus) drivers for 2012

Posted by EC83 
Re: Renault(Sorry, Lotus) drivers for 2012
Date: December 09, 2011 02:04PM
Posted by: J i m
Grosjean will at least be respectable this time round. He'll have a winter of testing behind him and will be far better prepared than he was when he stepped into that lump of a car mid-season in 09 with Alonso as his team-mate.

Date: December 09, 2011 03:38PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Bad move. I don't like him. His initials probably stand for REALLY GASH.
Date: December 10, 2011 01:36AM
Posted by: EC83
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bad move. I don't like him. His initials
> probably stand for REALLY GASH.

+1 here.

While the fact he's won the GP2 title should in theory make him a good choice for the seat, I really don't see what he'll bring to the cockpit that Petrov or Senna wouldn't. There's a possibility(and I hope for Boullier's credibility that he's thought along these lines) that Grosjean's contract is actually quite flexible and that the team will be able to switch him out of the race seat quickly if he doesn't perform in the first few races.

Date: December 10, 2011 02:29AM
Posted by: **Taylor**
Disagree 100%... IMHO, in the same car, Grosjean would wipe the floor with either Petrov or Senna (Bruno ;) ) By far the right choice for Renault/Lotus, given their options.

Anyway, has anyone been tempted into creating a fantasy Raikkonen 2012 helmet yet? #fingerscrossed :-)

Date: December 10, 2011 10:23AM
Posted by: davidm
You'll find one at GP4Forever in the 2011 season section and the helmet is done in 4 versions by Grl48 link to his site - [grl48.blogspot.com]
Date: December 11, 2011 01:36AM
Posted by: **Taylor**
davidm Wrote:
> You'll find one at GP4Forever in the 2011 season
> section and the helmet is done in 4 versions by
> Grl48 link to his site -
> [grl48.blogspot.com]
> 012-lotus-f1-team.html

Thanks! I like them, I prefer the yellow/golder versions though. Interesting to see that others are also wondering whether his Red Bull sponsorship will continue too...

Not being ungrateful, but has anyone seen any hi-res fantasy designs for his 2012 helmet?

Date: January 23, 2012 10:43AM
Posted by: exqo
The new Kimi's helmet during monday morning test @ Valencia :

--------------------------

Date: January 23, 2012 11:34AM
Posted by: danm

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 23, 2012 11:41AM
Posted by: chet
Its only natural the worlds quickest driver is back in f1.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 23, 2012 03:33PM
Posted by: 3tec
Date: January 23, 2012 04:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It's certainly great to see him back!

exqo Wrote:
> The new Kimi's helmet during monday morning test @
> Valencia :
>
> [a.yfrog.com]

Surprising to see his helmet without his tradmark rune (?) on the top of his helmet - I wonder if he'll bring it back for the actual season.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 23, 2012 08:09PM
Posted by: vesuvius
[t.co]

By pingu25 at 2012-01-23

By pingu25 at 2012-01-23

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2012 08:19PM by vesuvius.
Date: January 23, 2012 08:13PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I really doubt Grow-john will impress. Although the only thing I remember him for his driving into Button at the start of Spa '09... then blaming Button.

Date: January 23, 2012 08:30PM
Posted by: gav
To be fair, Button did turn in on him. Grosjean was trying to follow Kovalainen past Button, but Button wasn't having any of it (or didn't realise he was there) and turned in on him. He was already alongside Button, but obviously if Button is going to turn in then Grosjean had already committed to the corner and couldn't do anything about it.

It is hard to see on that rubbish video, but I've got the original recording here and Grosjean is clearly half-way alongside Button - the sort of move that you'd get a slap on the wrists for now, but it wasn't as clear-cut back in 2009.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2012 08:31PM by gav.
Date: January 23, 2012 09:52PM
Posted by: Slash
he started that race a bit wreckless though.. i remember he outrboke himself hardcore and turn into some cars in the first corner..

actually went straight into some cars into T1.. his contact with Jenson may have well been triggered by him being a bit excited?

anyway i only remember him for constantly declaring he was getting "closer and closer" to Alonso... never knew if it was firendly closer or what, but certainly not closer to his pace..

would like to know how he starts and ends with Kimi
Date: January 23, 2012 10:41PM
Posted by: J i m
I see no reason why Grosjean shouldn't do at least a respectable job this time round. He comes into his second chance with more experience and maturity. Plus he has the opportunity to learn his car before Melbourne. He had limited time in the car in 09 before he made his debut and most of his mileage had been in cars of the pervious regs. It was a big ask expecting him to shine in the 2009 Renault given the lack of testing he had.

Date: January 24, 2012 05:50AM
Posted by: EC83
He's just not got what it takes to be a complete F1 driver, and his stuck-up attitude doesn't do him any favours. The best Lotus can hope for with him this year is a Massa 2002 Mk 2, and even that is probably optimistic.
Definitely I'm expecting Kimi to summarily trash him this year, since Grosjean is easily the weakest teammate he's ever had; if Kimi doesn't beat him consistently, regardless of how rusty Kimi is after his time away, something will be wrong.

loque Wrote:
> I really doubt Grow-john will impress.

I'm hoping the name Blowjean will get adopted over this season, since it's likely to be appropriate.

> Although the only thing I remember him for his driving into
> Button at the start of Spa '09... then blaming
> Button.

Yep. It's clear to me he did cause that collision - Button turned in, yeah, but not that severely, and he had to get round the corner. Grosjean clearly forgot to brake.
As well as causing Button's only retirement of that season, let's not forget playing nip-and-tuck with Badoer for worst driver in Valencia and managing to crash in Singapore Free Practice exactly where Piquet had crashed to bring out the SC the year before. And those are just the examples I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2012 05:57AM by EC83.
Date: January 24, 2012 03:31PM
Posted by: 3tec
Date: January 24, 2012 04:11PM
Posted by: Morbid
3tec Wrote:
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd04A6oCwsw

I see Kimi is as outspoken and flamboyant as ever...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: January 24, 2012 06:06PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
D'Ambrosio confirmed as reserve driver: [en.espnf1.com]

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy