Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: March 11, 2011 02:03PM
Posted by: senninho
New HRT:

Image from Adam Cooper's blog.

Date: March 11, 2011 02:13PM
Posted by: marcl
I like it, looks clean and simple. Is it true though that they are using the same tub from last year?
Date: March 11, 2011 03:00PM
Posted by: Nickv
It looks even cheaper in real than it did on the renders.
Date: March 11, 2011 03:17PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
SCHU-MA-CHER !!!!! hot:-o(H)(D)
Date: March 11, 2011 04:09PM
Mclaren need to change the way they do things big time.

They look in a total mess, hardly any running today despite taking yesterday off to get ready for today. The car is looking average for the 3rd year in a row.

Something somewhere in that team is just not working.

Lotus seems to have made a big gain on last year, Virgin just look bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 04:19PM by marcl.
Date: March 11, 2011 04:25PM
Posted by: danm
Still think that Toro Rosso should be chasing better rated drivers - definite dark horses of the year (the car, at least).

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 11, 2011 04:31PM
Posted by: alexf1man
The HRT drivers look like they need the loo :s (sorry for lowering the tone). And their car might have some competition. And I think the shocking thing, contrary to this article, would be that HRT actually go slower this year!

On a more serious note, Barrichello is rightfully concerned about the DRS, especially having the accident at Imola 1994 on the weekend of Ratzenberger and Senna's deaths (and having been in more than 300 races).

Kubica is to have more surgery :( if it has to be done then it's for the best I suppose.

Also you might be interested in Lotus Steering Wheel for 2011:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 05:41PM by alexf1man.
Date: March 11, 2011 04:35PM
The other year drivers were worried about KERS, no accident happened due to the speed difference.

Drivers were worried about the F duct, again no accident happened due to it.

They get used to it and they will with the rear wing.

I still think its stupid and will make no difference due to gear settings and KERS.
Date: March 11, 2011 05:15PM
Posted by: Carlitox
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Drivers were worried about the F duct, again no
> accident happened due to it.

Webber crashed in Valencia due to the F-Duct, if you look for the video and take a closer look to his arm, you'll see that he was activating it, and that caused him to go into Kovalainen.

Apart from that, I am worried about how the DRS is regulated. There are so little circumstances in which it can be activated, that many drivers and team bosses will complain when others use it. It's going to be like a foul in football: they're always going to complain to the refferee.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: March 11, 2011 05:20PM
Posted by: raulongo
The all new Hispania Racing HRT F111

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: March 11, 2011 06:00PM
Posted by: alless84
Carlitox Wrote:
> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Drivers were worried about the F duct, again no
> > accident happened due to it.
>
> Webber crashed in Valencia due to the F-Duct, if
> you look for the video and take a closer look to
> his arm, you'll see that he was activating it, and
> that caused him to go into Kovalainen.
>
> Apart from that, I am worried about how the DRS is
> regulated. There are so little circumstances in
> which it can be activated, that many drivers and
> team bosses will complain when others use it. It's
> going to be like a foul in football: they're
> always going to complain to the refferee.

Not true, it was misunderstanding, both drivers admited that! You need to check the video again! Not even sure Rbr hat F-Duct at that timei or ever last year?
Date: March 11, 2011 06:04PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Webber crashed in Valencia due to the F-Duct, if you look for the video and take a closer look to his arm, you'll see that he was activating it, and that caused him to go into Kovalainen.

Webber crashed into Kov because he followed a slower car into a braking zone. It would have happened had there been an F-Duct or not. Next people will be saying Jos Verstappen drove into Montoya because of the F-Duct.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 11, 2011 06:23PM
Posted by: chet
DaveEllis Wrote:
t. Next
> people will be saying Jos Verstappen drove into
> Montoya because of the F-Duct.

LOL!

I gotta say the HRT looks alot better in real life than the renders. I think it looks pretty good, i like it :)!

Though a probable wet day testing before the 1st race. Not much better than last year, I wonder if they can match Virgin..

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 11, 2011 06:44PM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
Am I'm the only one who cringed with embarassment when reading the slogans on the HRT livery?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 06:44PM by Gord_on_wheels.
Date: March 11, 2011 06:50PM
Posted by: Slash
the whole safety philosophy is getting a bit out of hand, let the FIA take care of that, drivers should only focus on driving
they all realy are becoming some drama queens.. some are worried about tyres not lasting long, the moveable wing, they complain with heavy rain races, this and that
truth, the moveable rear wing seems like a bit more dangerous concept than anything they've tried before, but is still the same for everybody

is like Gilles once said, even if the track is on fire, it'd be the same for everybody, one still has to do the best job to beat the other... being a team sport, that includes the teams building a proper car to face competition.. if it breaks, is their fault, if drivers use it at the wrong time is the drivers fault... i'm sure someone will still do it right and beat the rest
Date: March 11, 2011 07:11PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Well, I lost a point there. But really, I saw the video many times and I really thought his hand was covering the hole. I wouldn't posted it if I knew that.

But the F-Duct was potentially dangerous. Driving a F1 with only one hand... do you know how difficult is that? And about the DRS, the only problem you could have is the moveable flap flying away, with its obvious (and painful) consequences.

And Verstappen crashed into Montoya because he couldn't stand that he had overtaken his good ol' friend Herr Schumacher (;););););););))

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: March 11, 2011 07:41PM
Posted by: gav
Since when as the adjustable rear wing been known as the DRS? It's like a BMW instruction manual. I had to Google to see what the heck you guys were on about. ;)

As for KERS... well Hamilton nearly went skywards at Melbourne a couple of years back when he touched Massa, but that was more down to Hamilton's stupidity.

Slash
the whole safety philosophy is getting a bit out of hand, let the FIA take care of that, drivers should only focus on driving

While I agree most can be drama queens, if anyone has the right to complain, it's the guys who would be caught up in any accidents, not some guy in a suit in Paris who signed off this result of a brain storming session in some feng shui committee room.

Our experience of racing primarily consists of racing simulations, minus all the vibrations and distractions, and a bit of karting. I'm more inclined to believe the concerns of a racing driver (and all they are are concerns at the moment - thoughts and nothing more) than see some fans thinking "don't be a pussy". It's quite easy for a fan to say that, and will remain so until someone misjudges the closing speed.

My main concern, and I'd imagine that of the drivers too, isn't of the driver attempting to overtake, but that of the driver in front, who may be oblivious to the presence of a car behind at all. There was one instance in the testing (the first Barcelona test) where a driver couldn't see a car in the mirrors at the start of the straight, but had the car on him by the end of it. If that's the distance gained, then 1) I'm squirming uncomfortably here thinking at some point, a driver isn't going to be aware of a following car until it's too late, and 2) it's going to make a complete mockery of Formula 1.
Date: March 11, 2011 07:52PM
Posted by: Frantic
i think the solution is better circuits with fast curves instead DRS...

and yes, most of drivers are drama queens ;), in the 70s when you get in the car you didnt know if you will get back to the pits anytime and hardly any driver complained about it... and the drivers had more charisma than now (i just remembered an F2 race in Nordschleife 1980, markus winkelhock´s car flipped and destroyed, he came out of the car and the first thing he said to the people present was "did you photographed that?" I dont see a Vettel or a Sutil saying that)

Date: March 11, 2011 08:01PM
Posted by: gav
The thing is, everything a driver says is printed now.

Say you're being interviewed between runs in testing and the likes of an Autosport tweeterer asks you about the closing speed due to the adjustable rear wing & KERS... what are you going to say? It's not like the driver is running around the paddock looking for a reporter in a desperate attempt to relay his fears of the wing to the public.
Date: March 11, 2011 08:20PM
Posted by: JackHammer
Gord_on_wheels Wrote:
> Am I'm the only one who cringed with embarassment
> when reading the slogans on the HRT livery?

Nope, I do it every time I see that car
Horribly livery, stupid slogans, and since the render showing the livery they've had two new sponsors, neither of which have replaced any of the stupid "THIS COULD BE YOU" rubbish

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy