2010 Formula 1™ Spanish GP THREAD **SPOILERS**

Posted by raulongo 
guys i really want to know the sectors times of M.S. on his last run in Q3. when they gave his onboard camera in the last sector it seemed to me that he was a little bit too cautious in there. thnx in advance if anyone can post the sector times. cheers
Re: 2010 Formula 1™ Spanish GP THREAD **SPOILERS**
Date: May 08, 2010 05:51PM
Posted by: EC83
Yeah, MS seemed to either make a mistake or get held up on his final first sector. Either way, he ended up with a much smaller margin over Nico than might have been expected after Q1 and Q2.

There are certainly signs that he's making progress though, and the modified car suits him more, even if Merc themselves seem to not to be any more competitive.

It's a change from this quali session last year, when Michael was either wandering aimlessly between the Ferrari garage and pit wall or sitting on the pit wall looking bored(IMO he was on the Ferrari pit wall for morale and not much else anyway). It's good to see him back where he belongs.

It's quite intersting the the aero package of the MP4/25 is not symmetrical around the exhaust tips. As far as I remember they played it a few times last year as well, but I can't understand why is this worth it.

barrichello suffers stone bombardment :p

[translate.google.com.br]

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2010 08:34PM by phantaman.
Date: May 08, 2010 08:34PM
Posted by: Slash
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> VanillaTwilight Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > vesuvius Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > YAY total RBR dominance, the car is
> absolutely
> > > flying at barcelona, stunning! well done
> Newey
> > and
> > > others. Interesting to see what kind of
> penalty
> > > will Alonso get from pitlane incident between
> > him
> > > and Rosberg, Clearly Alonso's fault.
> >
> > Pointless, theirs no room for alonso their ,
> nico
> > got a clear view on his front , while alonso
> are
> > @#$%& 50/50 blindsided on his view in left side
> ,
> > he should give alonso a chance to go first
> since
> > his going to the pit and have 100% visual and
> > alonso got full lock on his wheel btw.
>
>
> Alonso should have let Rosberg first because
> Rosberg was already on pitlane straight.Alonso
> should have looked to the left like others do,
> Ferrari already got fined for this so penalty has
> been given end of discussion :)

Alonso relied on the team order as much drivers do, this, usually ends with the team fined because it's their responsibility and not the driver...

when the mechanic gave the order to Alonso to go, trust me, he's not going to push the brake pedal at all, not him...

mitadumapaga Wrote:
> guys i really want to know the sectors times of
> M.S. on his last run in Q3. when they gave his
> onboard camera in the last sector it seemed to me
> that he was a little bit too cautious in there.
> thnx in advance if anyone can post the sector
> times. cheers

i think he slide the car in the chicane a lot... that should've cost him couple of tenths, i noticed it too, but i doubt it cost him a position that's probably why he didn't even mentioned it

EC83 Wrote:
> Yeah, MS seemed to either make a mistake or get
> held up on his final first sector. Either way, he
> ended up with a much smaller margin over Nico than
> might have been expected after Q1 and Q2.
>
> There are certainly signs that he's making
> progress though, and the modified car suits him
> more, even if Merc themselves seem to not to be
> any more competitive.

without a doubt... it was goood to see him post lap times with such conviction... while others needed several attemps before reaching their best, Michael was doing them at his first attemps. that's the sort of driver we want to see out of him, he seems more comfortable definitely.
he can only improve from here
Date: May 08, 2010 08:36PM
Posted by: gav
DaiMOn
It's quite intersting the the aero package of the MP4/25 is not symmetrical around the exhaust tips. As far as I remember they played it a few times last year as well, but I can't understand why is this worth it.

Different systems on different sides. They did it last year as the cooling for the KERS batteries was piped to one side. This year it'll be for the cooling for the hydraulics probably.

Fantastic photo that is though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2010 08:38PM by gav.
well... a pilot need a version B to show his driving and how much is good is because there is something wrong and isn't in the car :p

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Great performance by Webber!

We haven't seen a straight race fight between Red Bull and McLaren/Ferrari since Bahrain, so it will be interesting to see if Red Bull's massive advantage does continue tomorrow.

X (@ed24f1)
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> guys i really want to know the sectors times of
> M.S. on his last run in Q3. when they gave his
> onboard camera in the last sector it seemed to me
> that he was a little bit too cautious in there.
> thnx in advance if anyone can post the sector
> times. cheers

From what I remember watching Live Timings, it was:

M.Schumacher - 22.8 30.5 27.9 (S1 came up as 22.8 on his lap, but after the session ended it turned into 22.7)
N. Rosberg 22.6 30.5 28.1
Yes, and if you look at the best sector times across the whole session (on the FIA website), Sector 1 was easily the worst for Schumacher.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 09, 2010 09:49AM
i think he might fight with Alonso for 1 more spot but Mclarens.. not sure

i was looking at HRT times... Christian Kliens best on his friday session was just .100 slower that Bruno Senna's qualy time........ WOW!
LOL. Grosjean finally had a haircut. :P Firstly I didn't even recognized him.

Considering the probable importance of Turn 1 today, I think we could get a pile-up with some big names today, especially as Webber, Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso are all going to be very aggressive.

X (@ed24f1)
Geeze, is Button stupid or something, it's gonna take more than that to get past Schumacher.

Date: May 09, 2010 02:49PM
Posted by: dio69
Oh nooooo!
Poor Jaime!! He was doing so well!
wwtf didnt they change the tyres on alonsos car with ... about 18 laps left. He was only 4 sec. behind hamilton
Date: May 09, 2010 03:42PM
Posted by: miffy
Great drive by webber lol at vettels brakes and how unlucky was hamilton with 1 lap to go he gets a puncture :(
Nice to see Jaime got a point even after the drive-thru.

And Kobayashi finished. That'll get James Key working on their weaknesses, but I thought he coulda got a few points until he was pushed off by Kubica at the start.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 09, 2010 03:57PM
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
> Geeze, is Button stupid or something, it's gonna
> take more than that to get past Schumacher.

Michael took advantage of a naive Jenson... he broke a bit earlier, being safe and Michael woke him up!!... that's the thing with Schumacher, never give him an oportunity

miffy Wrote:
> Great drive by webber lol at vettels brakes and
> how unlucky was hamilton with 1 lap to go he gets
> a puncture :(

Webber was untouchable, Vettel was going to finish 3rd regardless so...

Hamilton made the fastest lap with 5 laps to go... was there any reason to push at that stage of the race, after complaining a couple of laps earlier that he had no tyres left?
Date: May 09, 2010 04:36PM
Posted by: gav
Superb drive by Webber. The only thing stopping him today would have been a failure...

Speaking of which... Vettel. It's astonishing how quick that thing was with him barely touching the brakes at all! That's just goes to reinforce how quick that thing is. The Red Bull is stronger than it was before yet is just as weak too.

Another master class of race craft from Schumacher. I'm sure Mercedes will be disappointed with the speed, but his positioning of his car is as good as ever. Good result, but he and his car were miles off the pace. Weird battle with Button. Button was far, far quicker early on, then dropped away by a few seconds towards the end. Button was rather scathing of him on the pit exit, which was a bit unfair - I didn't see anything wrong.

Massa is getting a beating by Alonso.

Excellent drive from Alguersuari, excepting that rude move on Chandhok. Fastastic for him to get a point

de la Rosa should get a big slap on the wrists for his multitude of moves across Buemi before the inevitable contact. That could have ended in disaster. That's exactly why people were upset at Hamilton's moves trying to break the slipstream of Petrov at Sepang.

Slash
Hamilton made the fastest lap with 5 laps to go... was there any reason to push at that stage of the race, after complaining a couple of laps earlier that he had no tyres left?

It wasn't exactly down to the canvas. It was presumably either a tyre failure, hitting something sharp (there's always plenty of debris at turn 1) or maybe a wheel, hub or brake failure which punctured the tyre, as he had at the Nurburgring in 2007. Whitmarsh is guessing it's a rim failure.

He'd drove a fantastic race up until that point.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy