Pitchforth and Purnell Gone!

Posted by Razorsedge 
Re: Pitchforth and Purnell Gone!
Date: January 08, 2005 12:03AM
Posted by: Rubidius
He may be good in the long term, but this has doomed Red Bull's 2005 season. How well you do depends on what you do during the off-season, and Jaguar have not just been sold, but also had a major change at the top. It'll take at least a year for the new setup to gel, even if Horner does a good job, which I think he will.

--Rubi
Date: January 08, 2005 02:42AM
Posted by: JamesT
What a stupid decision by Red Bull Racing,Pitchforth and Purnell had begun to turn things around at Jag. Though Horner may be a more than adequate replacement.

GPLRank: You don't want to know.
Date: January 08, 2005 12:09PM
Posted by: Sniper
I think it's just all about money in the view of Red Bull. Arden was sponsored by Red Bull, so was Klien, Liuzzi,...

I really don't know what to think of that team. I hope Red Bull will make them fly otherwise it's just an example of 'how not to run an f1-team'

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: January 09, 2005 06:10PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Horner will be good
he wanted to bring Arden International into F1 but f1 teams didnt wanna wave the 46m deposit kinda thing
Date: January 11, 2005 10:44AM
Posted by: montana_uk
yep, this sucks! I liked Purnell and Pitchforth. They were running the team nicely, and starting to turn things around.
Now, jusy because of a previous involvment between RedBull and Horner, he gets the job, all because Eddie Jordan took his team off the market, Horner runs as fast as he can to DM.

AND then they are supposed to be hiring Gunther Steiner too!!! This guy was in Jaguar before, with Niki Lauda, acting as the tech Director, and he lasted 1 season. Again, he has been hired (still to be confirmed) to act as a go-between for the English and the German speaking sides of the team. So he's a translator...all he is good for, IMO.

RedBull Racing are gonna suck harder than a hoover this season, and DC can only pray that he pulls through unscathed. I bet he is glad that he signed a 1 year deal too, so he can bail when it starts to stink.

Laters,

Montana_UK
Date: May 11, 2014 10:56AM
Posted by: Zcott
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Horner doesn't have to worry very much. No matter
> how well he does, he'll be out within a few years.
> ;)

Wow I was wrong.

Date: May 11, 2014 01:00PM
Posted by: EC83
And the award for best 112-month bump today goes to...

BTW, I can't see your sigpic.

Date: May 11, 2014 04:06PM
Posted by: gav
So funny reading this thread a decade on. :D
Date: May 11, 2014 04:32PM
Posted by: Carlitox
DaveEllis
Red Bull may be a "new" team but whoevers making the decsions seems to have taken a leaf out of Jaguars "how to @#$%& up an F1 team" book

It took five years, but now this is awesomely hilarious. Man, why didn't I find this site before!?

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: May 11, 2014 04:39PM
Posted by: EC83
It is a nice read, and amusing reading the comments about Pitchforth. I happened to be thinking about this just the other day, so it's kinda timely. I don't remember much about Purnell, but Pitchforth certainly wasn't clever, he was as thick as @#$%& and a complete waste of space, not to mention a dick for the way he treated Pizzonia and others. I remember being delighted when RedBull ditched him, and thinking the team had a real chance to move forward now.

Horner did interest me when he first started, partly because he looked like such a geek and partly because he was so young - the only team boss who was younger than one of his drivers. He did strike me as having promise.
Their performance with DC in Melbourne 2005 is one of my stand-out memories as an F1 fan.

Pooky called it right! :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2014 04:46PM by EC83.
Date: May 11, 2014 04:44PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I remember Webber having a go at Red Bull after their first race, saying that they only got a good result "because they had Pitchy's car." He only went on to re-join that team two years later. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy