Mechanic fire suit

Posted by rocker 
Mechanic fire suit
Date: April 24, 2012 02:19AM
Posted by: rocker
Since last year we don't have refuel during pit stops, so why the mechanics still wear those astronaut uniforms?

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Re: Mechanic fire suit
Date: April 24, 2012 09:27AM
Posted by: danm
Cars can still catch alight, possibly with greater consequences as they would be carrying more fuel than ever before. It is still a risk I guess. I'd say perhaps the chances are lower; but the consequences higher.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 24, 2012 12:57PM
Posted by: J i m
The suits will also protect against abrasion, so in the event of a car overshooting it's box and knocking an mechanic down, or dragging one over, one aspect of injury risk is reduced.

Date: April 25, 2012 06:15PM
Posted by: Guimengo
rocker probably just misses the mechanics wearing the 80s short shorts ;)
Date: April 28, 2012 02:44AM
Posted by: slicer
Much in the way DEVO wore their radiation suits, the mechanics, and everyone for that matter, wear protection for any kind of danger, seen or unforseen, such as rain, shine, cancer, AIDS, fuel, rejection, and flying Webbers.

On the subject of DEVO, the work suits would look great in yellow.. Someone needs to edit a photo of the Jordan F1 cars..

-------------------------------------------------
Yes, thank you for noticing I am the most amazing being in the galaxy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy