2015 Hungarian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS with #ForeverJules***

Posted by EC83 
So, just minutes now till the start. Martin Brundle's grid walk underway right now.

Forgive the lack of usual track map, past race stats and other goodness, but I've only just woken up, and would've been here another half hour doing that. More important to get a thread started before the start of the race IMO.

Very touching minute silence for Jules just now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 01:52PM by EC83.
what a start :D

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
What a start from Seb!! That was insane! (And from Kimi too)

And what a first lap for Lewis. We've got a hell of a race going on now!

I like dat very much :D

Let's see whether Ferrari can pull a Merc.
LOL moment from Perez and Maldonado there.

And about 10 secs later imo Ham does the same to Bot. However given that it's Ham vs Bot instead of Mal vs Per no crash. Replay right now, Mal just drove into Per :D
Maybe I dislike Ham but that wasn't an ok-maneuver imo.
Fascinating development now with the SC. Race transformed again!

Mercedes are right back in it, especially with Kimi's car issue - which the SC might also help, as it might help him preserve the car.

And what's up with these front wings here this weekend? They look like they're made out of cardboard. That was one scary moment for Hulkenberg.

Good call, by the way, taking the SC and the field through the pit lane till that mess is cleared up. Surprised that hasn't happened other times in similar situations TBH.

Shame for Kimi there.

And Lewis's race is turning into a comedy of errors now.

Just emphasises how Lewis's win at Silverstone was down to sheer luck, not driver skill. (And I second the opinion of SchueyFan in that thread BTW, and denounce the behaviour of a certain Hamilton fanboy who trolled him just for telling it like it was. That was pathetic.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2016 07:42AM by EC83.
Vettel, Rosberg, Ricciardo has chances as well! Gotta be a close finish, so intense!
Btw Ricciardo the only person to not use soft in Q1. Decision of the weekend incoming?
Great race at the front now! Anyone out of the top 3 could still win.

And what a drive by Ricciardo!

Fernando P6, and both Maccas in the points! :)

Pretty impressive performance there, on the fly.

OMG Rosberg/Ricciardo! What a mental race.

And the winner is:

Ferrari, Red Bull, Toro Rosso, McLaren, F1 as a whole. The only people that aren't celebrating are Merc. What a race!
Oh, and poor Kimi of course.
Woohoo Seb!!! Brilliant, brilliant win!! Grande Seb!!

Kvyat P2, Verstappen P4, Fernando P5!!

Awesome Grand Prix!

F1 honoured Jules on the track today, I think. Best race of the season.

Yeah, what a race ! Hadn't seen that since long.

Nice comment from Vettel on radio after the race. (Y)

Best race in a while!

Lol @ Maldonado, I lost count of the amount of penalties he got :)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Had the impression this wasn't about winning, but who can get the most penalties :D

Shame for Kimi, another decent result lost.

Not sure about the Rosberg Ricciardo incident, probably both at fault. Hamilton sure lucked out there.

Wonder what would have been possible if the safety car had stayed out until the whole field was together again, McLaren might have been up for a podium then.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
After a miserably flat qualifying yesterday F1 sputtered into life today.

It was amateur hour after the safety car.

Scary failure for Hulkenberg, and it's just a relief the wing shattered under the car and disappeared, unlike Alonso's in Sepang in 2013 where it got stuck underneath and partly lifted the front. I assume there was some problem with the kerbs given the two failures on Friday and Raikkonen's camera coming off today - perhaps just frequency issues with the Force India and Ferrari, but it's something that needs looking at after two incidents that could have ended with much more serious consequences.

I thought it was a bit harsh to give Hamilton a drive through for the Ricciardo incident. It's rare to have an actual drive-through since the time penalties were introduced and I certainly didn't think it was serious enough to warrant a ~20 second penalty. A 5 or perhaps 10 seconds penalty added to his race time would have sufficed. Maldonado got a lesser penalty for overtaking under the safety car, which is a total no-no!

Speaking of the lovely Pastor... how much vodka did he have at breakfast? Was it 3 separate penalties in the end? 4? Hitting Perez, speeding in the pitlane and overtaking under the safety car (I think he overtook one of the Manor cars after they were released from the safety car - he was certainly lining one up). Have I missed one?

Rosberg's incident with Ricciardo was interesting, as personally I thought that was Rosberg's fault for cutting back in front of Ricciardo too early. It was just a misjudgement, but it cost both drivers. Given Hamilton was given a drive-through I felt Rosberg certainly deserved some smaller penalty. Both Ricciardo and Horner weren't apportioning blame though, with Horner saying it was 50/50 and obviously the stewards agreed.

Harsh on Rosberg - Hamilton's had an absolute mare all of his own making, yet Rosberg barely put a foot wrong all race and still ended up behind him.

I was irked by Hamilton's treatment of Bottas too. I think in every other instance that I saw (other than Maldonado locking up and hitting Perez) drivers were giving others space around the outside. Not Hamilton though. It's something he did an awful lot last season, and even when Rosberg was wheel-to-wheel with him at the height of their feud, Rosberg always gave him space and never forced him off track, whereas Hamilton did it numerous times. It's a nasty trait that I really don't like in a driver.

Top day for Ferrari. Even with Raikkonen's retirement, it was still an encouraging day as they showed they still have some pace to challenge in the right conditions, which has got to be encouraging for next season. Flawless drive from both of them really.

What have Mercedes done to mess up their start procedure? They can't be testing the routine for Spa onwards... well not in live racing conditions.

McLaren... well, it looked as though they had more straight-line speed than expected (they really didn't look that far behind in race conditions), and clearly far more pace than they were able to show yesterday. Obviously the next couple of races will be the poorest of the season for them, but there must have been some encouragement today. Alonso got his payback for pushing his car back to the pits yesterday.

After a terribly sad week it was a great day for F1. Poignant moment before the race too.
Great race and happy a Ferrari won, seems fitting tbh.

Lewis has one of his silly races and Nico must be kicking himself. He should have played it safe and thought of the long game rather than risk throwing away points. For Lewis to actually extend his lead after that type of drive by him was a bonus.

Lewis had a poor race yet his move on Massa and Dan R were out standing.

Merc starts have not been great since Spain and that when they bought the new clutch in. No point them looking at it now as its all changing for the next race.

I think Mal needs a race ban after that, sooner or later he is going to hurt someone.

Nico R is in danger of getting caught by Vettel he is 21 points behind Lewis and 21 ahead of Vettel.

Just seems to be quali where McLaren are really poor I was really happy to see both Alonso and Button get points and actually being able to race others.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy