RIP Jules Bianchi

Posted by Ferrari2007 
RIP Jules Bianchi
Date: July 18, 2015 04:17AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007

Jules Bianchi has died at the age of 25, his family confirmed in a statement in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Bianchi suffered severe brain injuries in an accident during last year’s Japanese Grand Prix, and has spent the last nine months in hospital.

He passed away late on Friday night at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire in Nice, France.

“Jules fought right to the very end, as he always did, but today his battle came to an end,” said the Bianchi family. “The pain we feel is immense and indescribable.

“We wish to thank the medical staff at Nice’s CHU who looked after him with love and dedication.

“We also thank the staff of the General Medical Center in the Mie Prefecture (Japan) who looked after Jules immediately after the accident, as well as all the other doctors who have been involved with his care over the past months.

“Furthermore, we thank Jules’ colleagues, friends, fans and everyone who has demonstrated their affection for him over these past months, which gave us great strength and helped us deal with such difficult times.

“Listening to and reading the many messages made us realise just how much Jules had touched the hearts and minds of so many people all over the world.

“We would like to ask that our privacy is respected during this difficult time, while we try to come to terms with the loss of Jules.”

#ForzaJules

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Re: RIP Jules Bianchi
Date: July 18, 2015 04:39AM
Posted by: Carlitox
Motorsport is my life. Like other sports fans, be it football, basketball, whatever, I watch every race I can and get to know as much as I can. And I mourn every passing.

A lot will be said in this next few days, fingers will be pointed at. It's the first death in 20 years, the first for F1 in social media times. I emphasize that we keep Jules in our thoughts like the great talent he was, remember him for his feats in his few years in motorsports, and not try to blame each other.

Words cannot describe how destroyed I am. Just like Simonsen and Wheldon, and others in recent years, I couldn't help but to shed a tear for Jules. Literally. I just hope measures will be taken to prevent things like this, not only in F1 (which already took some) but in every racing series.

My thoughts go with his family and his teams, Ferrari and Manor.

#ForzaJules, forever.

:(

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: July 18, 2015 04:57AM
Posted by: gareth
Terribly sad news. RIP Jules - gone too soon. :(
Date: July 18, 2015 05:03AM
Posted by: brasspanels
such a devastating news....:( RIP Jules
After the race in Japan, was pretty depressed for the whole week
and now....
Date: July 18, 2015 06:15AM
Posted by: EC83
Saw the news on Twitter just a few minutes ago. I can't really find the words to describe how bad this feels... I just can't.

Jules had become one of my favourite drivers, the way his talent shone through in an uncompetetive car - I was sure he had a brilliant future as a top F1 driver.

I had a bad feeling about that Japanese GP. I don't know... Whether it was the weather forecast... The fact the helicopter wasn't going to be able to fly... I never really communicated it on here, I don't think, I probably thought I was being silly(although I did mention it might end up like the 94 race, I think, but I was meaning in terms of weather, not accidents). But I had a horrible feeling about that race, even before it started. I've never liked the number 43 either.

Even after the accident I kept hoping Jules could wake up and recover, even if it was maybe an overly optimistic hope. I'm in shock.

The rational side of my mind wants to point out that as long as the sport involves speeds greater than the human body can tolerate a sudden stop from, fatality will always be a very real possibility. But the emotional side doesn't want to know. This is heartbreaking. The only way I can compare it to feeling is after the ultimate race from hell(in my lifetime anyway), San Marino 1994, which I also watched live as a kid, and then seeing the 6 o'clock news that night.

A thought must go out to the gallant and brilliant Manor Marussia team, who have suffered their second horrendous loss in less than 3 years. Even in the Monaco coverage recently, I was touched by Graeme Lowdon's reaction as he spoke about Jules.
Life can be beyond unfair, it can be downright nasty.

October 5, 2014. The date will live in infamy.
He was cruelly snatched away from us for doing what he loved.
May this cold world forever cherish his memory.

RIP, Jules. Bless you. :(

Date: July 18, 2015 06:44AM
Posted by: Carlitox
Watched this as a little personal tribute, thought I'd share it with you guys. In modern F1, with all its unfair money distribution, this is more than a P9. This is a win. An epic win. Marussia and Jules Bianchi spiritually won that Monaco Grand Prix.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: July 18, 2015 10:30AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Terribly sad news. RIP Jules.

Date: July 18, 2015 10:48AM
Posted by: truecrysis
Those 2 points are some that I will remember most from the last few years of F1... and now they'll be remembered with a dark cloud in the background which is not how they deserve to be seen. Such a great talent gone at such a young age.

I remember feeling awful about the incident and the atmosphere around it was different to any I've seen live... My thoughts are with his family and the Manor/Marussia team who along with de Villota have had a really tough period.

As someone on a different site put: box box box Jules, your stint is done.

RIP

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: July 18, 2015 11:10AM
Posted by: gav
My heart sank when I read this earlier. What horrible news, but hopefully it allows some degree of finality for the Bianchi family - I can't begin to imagine how difficult the past 9 months have been.

RIP Jules.
Date: July 18, 2015 11:36AM
Posted by: madotter
I've just seen the news, my thoughts go out to his family and friends :(
Date: July 18, 2015 11:58AM
Posted by: ipswich2007
Just wanna point out R.e. Monaco too, even without retirements and such Bianchi was actually on the pace of everyone from P8 backwards too, all race long he was amazingly fast in that motor.

I still can't quite comprehend in my head this has happened. Fast racer, top bloke. RIP Jules

Date: July 18, 2015 12:23PM
Posted by: Alessio88
so sad :( :( RIP Jules great guy

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Date: July 18, 2015 12:48PM
Posted by: n00binio
Sad news, but honestly speaking I'm not surprised

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: July 18, 2015 01:23PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
Rest in Peace, Jules Bianchi.
Date: July 18, 2015 02:24PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
Very very sad news... Rest In Peace Jules and race among the stars !

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: July 18, 2015 03:45PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It is an incredibly sad situation. To be honest it didn't hit me today as much as I thought it might, I guess that over the past 9 months I had had time come to terms with the situation and realise the tragic lack of hope from the updates from his family and medical staff. As Gav said, I hope this allows his family to have some sense of closure and begin the long grieving and recovery process.

That weekend of the Japanese GP was particularly surreal. Without wanting to make it about me, I found out about a close family bereavement soon after qualifying, and then combined with the Bianchi incident late in the race it was truly a heartbreaking weekend like nothing else, and one that I hope will not be repeated for a very long time if ever.

Hopefully lessons are learnt and attitudes begin to change towards the dangers of F1, particularly in the wet.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 18, 2015 07:05PM
Posted by: J i m
R I P :(

Date: July 18, 2015 07:34PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Very sad news today....:(

Everyone who went alongside him or who knew him: the drivers, ex team managers, the paddock, fans from the begining. All are unanimous: an honest, kind, discreet, generous, humble, smiling boy that everybody loved and a brave and belligerent driver on track … A gentleman driver, with very promising debuts in F1 who would have been able to take him far. It is not just an image. He was like that. Really very sad. A touched thought and full of courage to his parents, his brother, his sister, his family and his friends in this ordeal . We won't forget you, Jules. Rest in peace...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: July 20, 2015 04:19PM
Posted by: Diax F1
The FIA will retire car number 17 from the F1 World Championship following the death of Jules Bianchi.

RIP Jules...this still doesn't feel right, 9 months on from the incident.

Date: July 21, 2015 10:04AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Ciao Jules

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy