Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2015 Formula One Season
Date: January 11, 2015 11:00PM
Posted by: EC83
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>

LMAO!! That's got to be right up there with the very best. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2015 11:01PM by EC83.
Date: January 13, 2015 12:57PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
J i m schrieb:
> [pbs.twimg.com]

Lol, I love that one.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: January 18, 2015 04:18PM
Posted by: J i m
I'm going to do something daft and pre-empt the whole car launch and pre season testing period in sharing my speculation on the year ahead. Usually I'd wait until near the end of testing to get a general feel of the form.

Barring a few rule tweaks based more around aesthetics there seems to relatively few technical changes this year, although it seems that some limited in season engine development will be permitted. Pirelli also seem set to soften the tyre compounds which would increase mechanical grip and reduce lap times. Let's hope they don't become the main negative focal point for tyres which fall apart again.

Mercedes

Observers wearing sensible trousers would probably predict another year of dominance for Mercedes. They certainly seem to have everything in order to continue where they left off last year. The best technical resources combined with the best engine driven by a Lewis Hamilton who seems to have found his maturity and consistency. I sense he might have a larger edge over Rosberg from now on, although as a pair and with this package they are a formidable line up.

They ought to be odds on for the championship again, certainly if rumours are to be believed about the gains in power they've found for the power train.

Red Bull

Red Bull are at the end of their era of domination. Renault remain on the backfoot compared to Mercedes, Newey is taking a step back and Vettel has fled to ferrari, possibly smarting a little having been roundly up staged by Ricciardo. I think we can rely on the car being good, the strategy being sharp and the driving being top notch but it's clear that the team no longer hold the winning deck even if they try to behave like a political powerhouse.

They certainly lack the arsenal available to Mercedes and I think their form will be limited by Renault's inclination to close the gap to Mercedes. I'd never write Renault off, but Mercedes got a very strong start to the V6 era.

I think Ricciardo will again exploit the odd weakness in Mercedes and I'd be surprised if he doesn't win a race. Kyvat ought to stand on a few podiums but I sense he may have been promoted to RBR too soon.

Williams

This is going to be the real test of the of the Symmonds - Smedly structure. 2014 was better than anyone could have hoped for but the expectations for the future will now soar.

Quite simply they have to win races this year. Will they? Well who knows. But it ought to be possible if they can build upon the momentum gained during 2014. Bottas could be a star in the making and he showed some real moments of inspiration last year, his denfense of 2nd at Hockenheim and him almost taking the pole at Russia are amongst my favourites. Massa also came on strongly towards the end of the year and showed that given the right environment he could still win races.

One thing is for sure, they can't afford another 2013 style slump.

Ferrari

Ferrari have now pretty much sunk to their early 90's levels of political clusterfuckness. It's almost as though they've employed Alan Sugar to go round randomly pointing fingers at people chanting "your'e fired". It's no coincidence that they've also sunk to their early 90's depth of doldrums.

The Todt, Brawn, Bryne, Schumacher era could now be a life time away.

If they win anything this year, I'd be very surprised.

They ought to be embarrassed really, for the massive slice of F1 revenue they take before it's even shared out amongst other teams they still can't succeed.

McLaren

An new 'old' era for Mclaren, but if Ron thinks they're suddenly going to regain Prost - Senna levels of winningness, then he's not at his most 'optimum' these days. Good resources, awesome driver lineup but Honda have their work cut out to match Mercedes, and McLaren itself has spent the past two seasons dicking around struggling to beat Force India.

No, there'll be no magical instant dominance switch for you Mr Dennis.

However, some typically relentless over achieving by Alonso and some super smooth silky driving by Button will still see some giant killing results when the conditions suit.

Force India

This is a tidy team, to be the thorn in McLaren's side that they've been for the past couple of years has been good going. But they simply lack the resources to go any further forward.

I doubt we can really expect any more than the occasional podium born from good tyre management on an alternative strategy. It's really about time Hulkenberg got some results to match the quality of his performances.

Toro Roso

They have an excitingly young driver line up... But ultimately they can expect no more than the odd point here and there. The team isn't technically strong enough to compete with the rest on a consistent basis. Expect them to have a harder time beating Lotus and Sauber this time.

Lotus

There seems to an assumption from within that because they've switched to Mercedes power, they're simply going to bounce back to their 2012/13 form. But I doubt it. They lost a lot of good people into 2014 and the car was also as poor as the engine. I think they'll be in the midfield with Force India as I'd still expect them to do better than last year as Grosjean is classy enough to utilise a decent car effectively.. but Maldonaldo is Maldonaldo enough to score more crashes than points.

Sauber

Sorry, but Sauber are now the tailend Charlie. They're the new Minardi.

But they'll score more points than last year.

Manor & Caterham

Eeehm no.

Date: January 18, 2015 06:55PM
Posted by: gav
I feel strongly that McLaren will be much better than you have predicted, Jim.

They finished 2014 very much on the front foot so they clearly have an aggressive development structure which most importantly, works. Peter Prodromou seems to be making key changes at a rate of knots, so if he's had any time to influence the 2015 car they'll be much closer to the front.

Of course, in the end it all depends on Honda. If the engine starts 2015 in the way Renault and Ferrari did 2014, then they can probably give up hopes of wins, but I feel if the engine is somewhere between Renault and Mercedes then they'll be second only to Mercedes. No chance of the title though, Alonso or not.
Date: January 19, 2015 07:27PM
And Manor are STILL beavering away trying to save the team. This weeks auctions have been postponed whilst last ditch talks with potential investors take place. Well that's tenacity for you.

I really hope they make it, even though it'd be with the 2014 car and drivers with more money than talent.

Date: January 20, 2015 06:30PM
Posted by: madotter
Updated post 1 with launch dates and details!
Date: January 20, 2015 09:48PM
Posted by: Excalibur
F1 Racing has published the cover of his febuary mag. It seems that they got the exclusivity to publish the first images...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2015 09:59PM by Excalibur.
Date: January 20, 2015 10:11PM
Well, if it wasn't for the continued silliness re guarding the nose tips that'd be a damned good looking car. It's simply a good looking car with that though.

Date: January 20, 2015 10:57PM
Is that just the 2014 car with a 2015 nose job?
Date: January 20, 2015 11:20PM
If it is, it's actually come from Williams as their own Facebook and Twitter feeds are also showing it. It isn't of these photoshops that wtf.f1 obsess over.

Date: January 20, 2015 11:40PM
Posted by: madotter
Massive update to first post, includes (For UK) what channels and what times local/GMT the races will be. Hope this is helpful, enjoy!

Thanks,
Iain.
Date: January 21, 2015 12:07AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
It's genuine, but just a rendered image.

The car itself will look very different when it eventually debuts.

Still no word for Williams on that.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: January 21, 2015 05:11PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9

It's...beautiful.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 21, 2015 05:22PM
Yeah, the silver works much better than the white (which I didn't mind in itself) and it complements the orange and black, which have always worked well together.
Date: January 21, 2015 05:51PM
Posted by: Laton
That's lovely! Just as long as it doesn't look too much like a MidlandSpyker on track.

QUESTION: why have we still got these @#$%& stupid penis noses?
Date: January 21, 2015 06:32PM
Posted by: Mullet345
My word, that Force India livery is a nice one.

Date: January 21, 2015 07:23PM
Credit to Force India for unveiling the MP4-20.

Date: January 22, 2015 10:18AM
Right.

So Hass have reportedly confirmed that they will use the Marussia factory as their UK base, however they are not the 11th hour investor interested in rescuing the team.

Even Bernie Ecclestone has put his oar in now and stated that he thinks they have good chance of racing in Melbourne.

Right, so. Where are the cars going to be prepared from?

Date: January 22, 2015 10:49AM
Posted by: marcl
Laton Wrote:
> That's lovely! Just as long as it doesn't look too
> much like a MidlandSpyker on track.
>
> QUESTION: why have we still got these @#$%& stupid
> penis noses?

I also thought that had to go with the merc and Ferrari way so I was also shocked to still see these.
Date: January 23, 2015 02:19AM
Nope, only the more prominent cock noses have been banned. Hence the change to both the Force India and the Williams.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy