The 2015 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2015 Formula One Season
Date: December 01, 2015 11:25AM
Posted by: gav
Same, a good summary.

The only argument I'd have is that you can't judge the points of the McLaren drivers given the shocking reliability over the course of a weekend, not just the races. But looking at the raw stats they each finished ahead of the other 4 times.
Date: December 01, 2015 09:05PM
Posted by: J i m
To be honest, I do rate Alonso above Button, and overall he's had Button in the shade. I fully expected that. But I also felt that Button would prove his closest match since Hamilton.

And whilst the general unreliability of the package makes comparisons difficult and unfair, Button has definitely stood up to the challenge. He out qualified Alonso on first attempt and he certainly avoided being dominated unlike Massa and Kimi whom Alonso utterly destroyed.

He'll never be considered as a great, and he'll never trouble the record breakers. But for all the times he's been underrated or written off, he always rises to the challenge.

Date: December 30, 2015 11:01PM
Posted by: BeamingSauber07
Well...

I've had a Christmas drink so I don't really know if my thoughts count but anyway...

I think I watched the equivalent of one whole race this year and a few practice/qualifying sessions. So much of what has been said previously has hit the nail on the head, forgive me if I'm repeating old news.

I've been watching some qualifying sessions and races from the 2002 season; purportedly one of the most boring F1 season in recent times. I don't know though, maybe it's because 2001/2002 was when I became a committed F1 fan, but it all looks so much more exciting than todays racing. Regardless of the fact that the Ferraris dominated that year, all the cars looked so much more on the limit, sounded so much better, looked so much better. And perhaps most importantly, you could switch on and tune in pretty easily. I'm completely confused by the tyre rules these days and I've never been a fan of DRS. It seems that the teams are so stuck in a financially driven hierarchy that no one knows (or wants to) get to the root of the problem.

I've just bought F1 2015 for the Xbox One and it's a fantastic game, nice and easy to pick up for someone who's been away from the simracing scene a while but why don't I want to keep playing it? Because the sport it represents, and the season they've just endured, was really shoddy.

I really hope that there is a complete transformation in terms of ownership and regulation of the sport because my feeling is it really is haemorrhaging viewers. Put it this way, I can't even talk about F1 with my friends- they take the piss out of my adoration for a "non-sport". Give me something to defend!

Anyway, I'm sure some of you feel the same way and I'm sure many of you will remain committed. So will I in my own way but our beloved sport is so devoid of feeling and atmosphere that I really fear that the hardcore cannot sustain it for much longer.

Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year!

Much love.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy