The 2015 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2015 Formula One Season
Date: January 30, 2015 12:27PM
Posted by: gav
The hooter on that thing... it's longer than Prost's. :o

Interesting to see the Alfa and Haas logos on it.
Date: January 30, 2015 01:28PM
Posted by: Carlitox
I fell in love with that Ferrari, and that's something that hasn't happened since 08. The nose is beautiful and reminding of the pre-09 cars, the black bits look amazing, the rims are so old school!

As for the Sauber, love it too, though it could've been better, with stripes a la Nasr's GP2 car. But I like a blue Sauber as much as I liked the grey and black ones. Reminds me of the Petronas days, though that blue was less bright.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: January 30, 2015 02:30PM
Posted by: Mullet345
Ferrari livery is nice looking, yet still looks too much like last years livery. As for Sauber, I think it's the first time since the pre BMW years that they have used any form of blue in the livery (2005 being the last time before BMW took over).

Date: January 30, 2015 05:29PM
Posted by: EC83
That Mercedes looks gorgeous. From the front at least, it reminds me of the McLaren MP4-13 and the subsequent beautiful designs of the late 90s/early 2000s which that car inspired.

The Sauber looks refreshingly different. It's the first post-BMW livery they've had which hasn't struck me as too minimalist/too boring/both.

The Ferrari is beautiful. I like what they've done with incorporating the Italian flag colours into the border. More black seems to be creeping in, but still not enough to stop the red from being dominant, and they compliment each other nicely.

gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The hooter on that thing... it's longer than
> Prost's. :o

Still way too straight though. It would need a modification - like what Alesi had done at the British GP in '91 when he hit Bernard. Then it would be a dead ringer.

Date: January 30, 2015 09:01PM
Posted by: Laton
Am I the only one who dislikes the Ferrari? It's tacky, the black looks cool but not the shape of the border they've made with it.

And the nose.. wtf? It's UGLIER than last year.

Mclaren --> Mercedes --> Lotus --> Sauber --> Force India --> Ferrari so far
Date: January 30, 2015 10:39PM
Nah, I think both the Merc and Ferrari noses look better now. I prefer the continuous smooth curves, even if the nose sticks out past the front wing.
Last year they looked like they'd been sat on.

Date: January 31, 2015 05:56AM
It's how far up the chassis what would normally be the bulkhead starts. The last cars to have such a long drop must have been the early 90s. I don't mind it - it's got a touch of the 640-643 era about it, which can't be a bad thing. It's just a shame it doesn't have the colour to match.
Date: January 31, 2015 08:54AM
Posted by: J i m
The Sauber is hideous. The livery and colour scheme simply does not work, which is a tremendous fail since the carlin in GP2 managed to make it look quite good.

Date: January 31, 2015 11:18AM
Posted by: Laton
There are rumours that the Mclaren livery is interim only and there will be a new one at the first test
Date: January 31, 2015 12:23PM
Posted by: madotter
Laton Wrote:
> There are rumours that the Mclaren livery is
> interim only and there will be a new one at the
> first test

I really hope that's true, I was very disappointed with the livery...
Date: January 31, 2015 06:34PM
New STR

Not really any different from last year's car, besides the shape.
Date: January 31, 2015 10:12PM
Posted by: Carlitox
That's a huge air inlet, wonder how much cooling the new Renault requires for all those bhp they stated?

It's quite pretty, but I hate the golden bit at the nose, I feel it should've covered the whole tip, as usual.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: January 31, 2015 10:14PM
J i m Wrote:
> The Sauber is hideous. The livery and colour
> scheme simply does not work, which is a tremendous
> fail since the carlin in GP2 managed to make it
> look quite good.

It does look kinda lumpy, but at least it looks different with it. The only livery it vaguely reminds me of is the 1995 Benetton, purely because of that splodge of yellow on the side.
Plus it could well get modified before or during the season.

Date: February 01, 2015 10:40AM
Wow...

Mercedes:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2015 10:45AM by madotter.
Date: February 01, 2015 10:47AM
What the actual hell Red Bull? :o
Date: February 01, 2015 10:48AM
All new pictures added to P1, let the testing begin!!
Date: February 01, 2015 02:07PM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
That Sauber would have been the perfect car to get looking right when editing the original Microprose Grand Prix!

....just showing my age!
Date: February 01, 2015 02:33PM
Posted by: J i m
Shame the #camobull won't be raced, because that is indeed very creative.

Date: February 01, 2015 08:11PM
Posted by: Frantic
so, dennis confirmed 2015 macca´s livery will change and the team is asking people on Twitter whether they prefer, if the orange from the 60s or the red & white one...

also, i really love Seb´s helmet!!!!! hes surely gonna change it race by race, but is nice to see a simple and clean helmet design

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2015 08:13PM by Frantic.
Date: February 01, 2015 09:47PM
Agreed, if that ZebraRedBull livery is only for testing it'll be a shame. I saw photos of it on Twitter first thing this morning, thought it looked brilliant. It would be a nice departure from the livery which they've essentially used since 2005, and which has become kinda boring IMO.

RE the Macca livery, I'd prefer red and white to orange.

And yeah, nice helmet design by Seb. It would be nice if he keeps it, it's easily the most distinctive one he's had so far(I also dislike the drivers' tendency to keep constantly changing them these days).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy