> unquestionably been better, but remember that this
> is Rosberg's first title fight (and he's made a
> few rookie errors of late) but Hamilton fumbled it
> in his previous two (realistic) championship
> battles, so I'm not loading my money on Hamilton
> for 2015 quite yet. He's the clear favourite, but
> I expect Nico to push him a bit harder and a bit
> more consistently.

What's impressed me about Nico this year has been his mental resilience and hidden depths. Each time Lewis has had the upper hand, Nico has initially struggled to match him but then found another gear and responded nicely. The best example of all being his immaculate performance all weekend in Brazil. He seems to be able to dig exceptionally deep.
Overall, whatever happens this weekend, I think he's done a really good job this year. And I agree, just as he's managed to raise his game during this season, he should be able to use the experience and come back stronger next year too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 01:23AM by EC83.
Re: Official 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Thread ***Spoilers***
Date: November 22, 2014 03:26AM
Posted by: EC83
By the way, from watching re-runs of the Practice sessions - how small is Will Stevens?! He looks like he could be Ant's mini-me.

Date: November 22, 2014 11:23AM
Posted by: gav
Alonso lighting up the rears. (H)
Date: November 22, 2014 01:52PM
New floor for Nico's car. Hopefully that doesn't cause any problems for him, the team look like they've made a nice job of changing it.

Date: November 22, 2014 02:34PM
Martin Brundle: "Let's start a rumour and see how quickly it whirlwinds up and down that 400m of concrete down there. Button has bought Caterham, and will drive at himself, and will have a celebrity in the other car"
LMAO!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 02:47PM by EC83.
So far Nico has not looked great in quali 1 or 2, he will probably go and stick it on pole now lol.

Also I had not idea merc stopped all the customer teams using that extra power setting, that's not right.

Great pole lap by Nico, it's all set up now for a good race. The Williams look very fast.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 03:03PM by marcl.
So Hamilton couldn't sponge up the pressure, Rosberg looks flying, and McLaren learned nothing from Sochi and seem to have more to worry about than driver line up and poaching aerodynamicists.

marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also I had not idea merc stopped all the customer
> teams using that extra power setting, that's not
> right.

Wait they did what now? That sounds really dodgy!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 03:04PM by Morbid.
They said in the build up on sky that customer teams do not have access to the extra power boost so they need to do a better job on the car.
That's just sad... Shame on you Merc!

marcl Wrote:
> So far Nico has not looked great in quali 1 or 2,
> he will probably go and stick it on pole now lol.
>

LOLz

btw, what did nico said over the team radio after his last lap? he sounded angry ?
Date: November 22, 2014 04:23PM
Nah, it was humour. He was teasing his engineer for being so matter of fact and boring, asking him to have a bit more enthusiasm.
Got tbh I really don't like the side of Nico we are seeing this weekend, I'm just finding him really annoying and his mind games are stupid.

He cracked under pressure in Italy then totally @#$%& up in Russia and was lucky the tyres lasted like they did.
Date: November 22, 2014 06:01PM
marcl
Got tbh I really don't like the side of Nico we are seeing this weekend, I'm just finding him really annoying and his mind games are stupid.

On Thursday in the press conference he looked quite tense and dejected, but since he's looked fairly relaxed and upbeat. I think he's just decided he can't do anything (he won't punt Hamilton off) so he might as well go out there, win the race if he can, and hope for the best. If he can wind Hamilton up in the process, then all the better. Try again next year.

To be fair, the little remarks nearly worked. Hamilton's Q3 is probably his most error ridden this season. Just little errors, but it was nearly enough to put him behind the Williams cars, and that might have kept him awake tonight. He'll be fine tomorrow once the wheels start turning, but you can't blame Rosberg for trying to rattle him.
gav Wrote:
> > If
> he can wind Hamilton up in the process, then all
> the better.

It's very clear, that this is what he is trying to do.

rosberg's doing whatever he can to win. I don't think he s come anywhere near MS, Senna or Piquet, Alonso, all of whom are considered great champions. (w/o piquet maybe).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 06:37PM by mitadumapaga.
The odds are still heavily in Hamilton's favour, all Rosberg can do is win the race and hope for the best. I don't think the Williams is going to be able to challenge them in the race because the Merc is simply far better in looking after the tyres and the Merc has a big enough advantage to be able to recover relatively easily from any minor problem.. Although perhaps except the wiring loom one ;)

It was a very strong Q3 by Rosberg, and he put that together just at the time that Hamilton looked out of sorts. But that often turns around again in race conditions.

Bottas, put him self in a good position to retake p4 in the championship.. he seems to have been lagging behind Massa pace wise so far this weekend, but as he's often done, he's stepped up to the plate in Q3 and his final lap was very well judged. But Williams need to eliminate some of the niggley little errors and tyre dedregation issues if they're to fend of Ricciardo.

Other than that Mclaren and Ferrari could be fairly evenly matched...

And Unless the race has a major shakeup... Sauber look like ending the whole year without a single point. Which is quite frankly shocking. (Now watch Sutil finish P5 or something ;-) )

Yeah but remember earlier this year nico said he does not play mind games :)

I can see lewis going for it at the first turn and if Nico turns in that's his choice, lewis needs to be really careful of the fast Williams on a straight.

Rbr dq from quali flexing wings, Williams wings were as well yet nothing said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 07:27PM by marcl.
Date: November 22, 2014 07:29PM
Bottas's chances of finishing the championship fourth have improved dramatically with the Red Bulls being disqualified and Alonso only starting 8th.
This could be a RBR's huge fault. I'm so disappointed that they could be back of the grid, flexing wings is a cheat? Interesting, I hope I could have some coffee to watch how they respond.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 08:49PM by Bandon23.
They said other teams are also doing the same thing, Williams certainly are you can see it on board.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy