Official 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix Thread ***Spoilers***

Posted by Toki 
we're all hypothesising about Lewis winning in Brazil with Nico retiring and then the reverse happening in Abu Dhabi, which would make Nico champ winning by 1 point after a 49 point deficit.

look at it the other way: Nico wins in Brazil and Lewis has a DNF. Nico leads by 1 point going to AD. 1 race title showdown and double points doesn't have any effect. with the expected rain anything could happen.

it would still feel unjust if Nico won, in any set of circumstances.

as it stands, Lewis has 10 wins, 2 2nds and 2 3rds, and 3 DNFs.

Nico has 4 wins, 10 2nds, 1 4th and only 2 DNFs.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Argh Felipe why couldn't Williams have been 1 second down, the hope killed me in the last couple of minutes there haha. Shame Felipe hit traffic/made an error on the final lap, would have been superb (and interesting for championship) if he put it on pole.

X (@ed24f1)
Feel good for Lewis, but unfortunately it was Nico on pole, but a good effort for Williams, and Seb in 6th is the first non-mercedes car in qualifying, can't believe that.
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Argh Felipe why couldn't Williams have been 1
> second down, the hope killed me in the last couple
> of minutes there haha.

I think the hope probably killed the crowd to be honest.. ;-)

Credit to Rob Smedley for his little rant at Ted Kravitz about the question re; "missed opportunities". But he's right... there's missed opportunities throughout the grid but it seems whenever Williams narrowly miss out on winning something then every observer is quick to go "duhhh you wasted the opportunity, you suck" whilst conveniently overlooking that to have got as close as they did and beat some pretty serious other teams into the equation was already actually pretty good going.

To be honest, I think they pretty much maxed out their potential on the first runs, expecting any more was a big ask. But they looked pretty handy on the mediums in Q1, they could have probably got away with not going out on the softs afterall, but they were correct to play it safe, especially with the threat of rain in the air.

Additionally... Rosberg deserved the pole over Hamilton today, he's been quicker all weekend. But tomorrow can still be another story altogether.

Good show by Button as well. "Hey guys want Alonso over me? No sweat, I'll just go and outqualify him :P"

But it's oh so gloriously close from p5 to p10.

Awesome to see Maldonaldo plumb last... can't even use the "Still faster than Max Chilton meme" .

To have improved by 225 points in 12 months or whatever it is is truly remarkable. It does seem they have been a bit conservative this year, trying to bank as many points as they can rather than going for even better results - understandable considering where they were last year. Most impressive thing is that their development has also been successful, which bodes well for 2015.

X (@ed24f1)
That was a great session great pole lap by nico, from what's been said massa was on a lap to get pole but blew it.

This race could be won by any of the top 4.

The start is going to be very interesting, but it's going to rain so that could really throw up a shock.

Lewis has also got more wing on his car which is why he is faster in sector 2.

He don't need to win so will be interesting to see if he does go for it.
marcl Wrote:
> That was a great session great pole lap by nico,
> from what's been said massa was on a lap to get
> pole but blew it.

Apparently he had a fuel feed problem. Brazilians have the worst luck at Interlagos.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Yeah the fuel feed problem stopped him getting out the pits for his 2nd run so he got traffic.
Morbid Wrote:
> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That was a great session great pole lap by
> nico,
> > from what's been said massa was on a lap to get
> > pole but blew it.
>
> Apparently he had a fuel feed problem. Brazilians
> have the worst luck at Interlagos.

Massa could actually become the 'luckiest' Brazilian at home of all time today, himself, Piquet, Senna and Fittipaldi are all on 4 home podiums.

X (@ed24f1)
Re: Official 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix Thread ***Spoilers***
Date: November 09, 2014 04:43PM
Posted by: gav
So nice and sunny and dry. Are we back to the mid 00s where every session apparently had a chance of rain which never developed? ;)
gav Wrote:
> So nice and sunny and dry. Are we back to the mid
> 00s where every session apparently had a chance of
> rain which never developed? ;)

No Gav, we're back to 2013 ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Happy Rosberg held onto that one, he's been quicker than Lewis all weekend and needed that result to stop the rot. It also makes it a little less likely that 'double points' will effect the final result.

Also pleased to see Massa get third after all his problems today.

Piquet was just terrible on the podium.
Date: November 09, 2014 07:07PM
Posted by: gav
Adman1138
Happy Rosberg held onto that one, he's been quicker than Lewis all weekend and needed that result to stop the rot. It also makes it a little less likely that 'double points' will effect the final result.

Without the double points Hamilton would only need to finish 6th. With them he needs to finish 2nd.

Was a good battle and nice race. Some great and shocking performance. Just watching Bottas's interview and he looks furious.
Obviously I'm thrilled to see Massa make the podium. As always, didn't make it easy for himself though! Great scenes on the podium, hopefully it gives him a bit of confidence to finish off the year well and take up the fight in 2015.

How about Massa to overtake Hamilton on the last lap of Abu Dhabi to take the title off him :P

X (@ed24f1)
Was a good race well done to nico for holding off lewis, was a race lewis blew with that spin but was good to see him try and win the race than finish 2nd. Lewis I think was the faster of the two today.

Roll on the last race all being well it should be a one two.

Well done massa he's really come alive again this year was great to see him on the podium.

Piquet yet again showed himself to be a wanker who I just cannot stand. At first he totally snubbed lewis apart from asking about his girl friend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2014 07:35PM by marcl.
gav Wrote:
>
> Without the double points Hamilton would only need
> to finish 6th. With them he needs to finish 2nd.
>

Oh yeah, it will still have an effect in terms of the permutations, but I think the only way Nico can win the title is if Lewis DNF's, Lewis has only finished 3rd twice this year and both times he had a compromised qualifying. With the 17 point gap we have now, if Lewis does DNF and Rosberg wins he has won the title on normal points, not just because of double points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2014 07:47PM by Adman1138.
Twice now lewis has gone into the last race with a chance to be world champion it's nearly gone wrong with him trying to get only the place he needs.

I'm hoping this time he goes and just tried to win.
I think Hamilton has been in at least three last race title show downs.

So Rosberg finally did what he's failed to do since Spa onwards which is soak up the pressure coming from Hamilton in the race. Hamilton's spin probably cost him the win as he was looking good to leap frog Rosberg at the stops but there after Rosberg handled everything well, actually I was reminded of 2002 when the Schumachers were nose to tail for much of the race. Ralf looked quicker overall, but Michael was ahead and nailed sector two each and every lap to make sure that Ralf never got a decent run into an overtaking zone. Rosberg did much the same thing.

Nice to see Massa on the podium despite doing his level best to mess it all up ;) Bottas was slightly unlucky but it looks like he simply didn't get the best out of the tyres today as after the second stop he was simply slow.

Excellent drive by Button, that was a really strong performance. His F1 career is probably over but he's picked the perfect time to let his driving do the talking.

Oh, and Piquet really is a chump. They ought to have got Fittipaldi or Barrichello to do to the podium interviews. Gentleman both.

Date: November 09, 2014 10:49PM
Posted by: EC83
Brilliant drive by Nico - brilliant weekend altogether in fact. Now we know, if we didn't before, that he'd be a worthy Champion if he does manage to win it. This was truly a Champion's drive today. Resisting extreme pressure from Lewis and standing up to it. Not only that, but the timing of it is perfect for him - landing a psychological punch just before the title decider. He'll still go into Abu Dhabi as the underdog - but I think that suits Nico best anyway.
Think a cracking title decider has just been set up.

Great racing all through the field - again. The tyre deg factor worked well too. As much as it's been an unfortunate time for F1 with the loss of Marussia and Caterham, the quality of racing overall seems to have been even better between the other 18 cars in the two races since.

And yeah, Piquet acted like a f*ckwit on the podium, which wasn't like him at all... Ass clown. That was definitely the worst podium interview so far!

I still think lewis will get pole and win the next race even in a poor car he's always been great there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy