Caterham parts 'put up for sale on Twitter'

Posted by flying 
Re: Caterham parts 'put up for sale on Twitter'
Date: October 26, 2014 03:16PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Does this mean that Caterham doesn't take part in the Formula One Championship 2015 anymore? :-O:-o
Date: October 26, 2014 03:57PM
Posted by: gav
Not necessarily, but highly likely. The team itself is still running, but in the administrators hands I believe. They will do what they can to make the money to pay off the creditors, be that stripping assets (selling parts, designs, patents, licenses, etc) or selling the team as a going concern, which will be of interest to anyone looking to enter F1.

Still, if anyone was going to buy the team you'd have thought it would have happened long before the Kolles-led "effort".
Date: October 26, 2014 07:54PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
The only thing of worth the administrators really own is the entry itself

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: October 27, 2014 12:18AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Kolles will buy the entry, take it to Germany, and then start Forza Rossa. Maximum of fuss, but it means closing down Caterham was totally out of his hands.

Colin, you genius. Hire me now.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: October 27, 2014 01:57PM
Posted by: EC83
It's a shame for the team and the drivers, particularly Ericsson, who's been making major progress and driving extremely well lately.

It would be nice to think the situation will ultimately end well, like it did for Jaguar 10 years ago, which had even been put on Ebay at one point. This one is financially a touch worse though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy