Official 2014 United States Grand Prix Thread ***STAR-SPANGLED SPOILERS***

Posted by Toki 
Caterham will miss the next two races, its been confirmed.
And now Marussia will be joining Caterham for sure, to miss two GPs, so this could turn 18 cars in US. :O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2014 05:23PM by Bandon23.
Aye, it's not looking good.

I don't know if either team will be able to find a buyer, although Hass and Rozza Corsa (or whatever it is) might want to have a quick look. I guess the current engine formula is just too expensive for these teams.

Either way three car teams in some way are looking ever more likely for 2015.

And Sauber are now the back markers...

All this crap about Vettel not going to bother with quali.

He has to or he will just get 10 place penalty at the next race.
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All this crap about Vettel not going to bother
> with quali.
>
> He has to or he will just get 10 place penalty at
> the next race.

He can just go out and come back in again. Job done. No point in wasting the mileage.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> He can just go out and come back in again. Job
> done. No point in wasting the mileage.

Nope. Then he will be last on the grid, and carry the full 10 place grid penalty to the next race. And it will continue like that until he serves the penalty in full.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
He's changing his entire power unit and will have to start from the pit lane regardless if he were to qualify or not. Each team gets a joker per driver. Red Bull are playing there's now to avoid taking penalties in Brazil or Abu Dhabi. Seb's already on his last set of components.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I thought he was only changing the main engine? They must be changing the whole thing then.
Yeah, the entire unit is being changed.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
it seems no one in the Sky pundits team remember that Brawn GP had Merc engines. Brundle said in his Mercedes GP history piece in the pre-quali show "the Honda powered Brawn...", and Johnny Herbert said a few races back that JB knew how good Honda were as he used a Honda engine to win his championship.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Rosberg yet again on pole, what a good qualifying for him, but Vettel, eliminated in Q1 since Brazil 2009 is shame for him, but he will be last to start in pit-lane.
Muks_C Wrote:
> it seems no one in the Sky pundits team remember
> that Brawn GP had Merc engines. Brundle said in
> his Mercedes GP history piece in the pre-quali
> show "the Honda powered Brawn...", and Johnny
> Herbert said a few races back that JB knew how
> good Honda were as he used a Honda engine to win
> his championship.

Absolutely correct!!

I remember very very well that in the beginning of 2009, right after Brawn had won the Australian gp, button came out and said that the Honda engine was good, but that the merc. engine was something more.
Muks_C Wrote:
> it seems no one in the Sky pundits team remember
> that Brawn GP had Merc engines. Brundle said in
> his Mercedes GP history piece in the pre-quali
> show "the Honda powered Brawn..."

I was amazed by that. I thought he was taking the piss at first since it's just not the kind of mistake Brundle makes, but it seemed from the lack of reference to it afterwards it was a genuine slip-up. Total facepalm moment.
It seems they're already overlooking and forgetting what an awesome achievement Brawn GP actually was, which is disappointing.

Brilliant Pole by Nico. He really went out and took that one, awesome performance.

Very interesting race in prospect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2014 09:19PM by EC83.
On another note, let's talk about ted kravitz.

I used to love the guy and his job output (interviews , insights etc). However, I am increasingly getting annoyed at ho he is trying to ALWAYS provoke conflicts. I may be wrong but I am having the impression that Ted is increasingly trying to put words into peoples' mouth.
I've not noticed any problem with Ted myself, and haven't noticed any change in him as such either. Rubbing people up the wrong way is part of a pitlane reporter's job - get under their skin or wrongfoot them and they might divulge confidentialities in the heat of the moment that they weren't meaning to. I think he's been doing a great job.

If you want to see provocational interviewing, there's a satire show on BBC Three called "The Revolution Will Be Televised" - the guy on that makes the likes of Ted look pretty harmless. Admittedly it's done in such a way that if Ted tried to do it he'd probably lose his job, but meh. :D

Martin sounds rough today. He's nearly as bad as me although I can't speak. Those who know me say that this is no bad thing.

"There are worse jobs in life" ... hahaha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2014 08:45PM by Laton.
Ted's got a cold this weekend too.

One from the Beeb:

BBC
Nico Rosberg has finished second nine times this season, more than any F1 driver ever before in any year. To put that into context, two-time world champion Jim Clark only finished second once in his whole career.
Laton Wrote:
> "There are worse jobs in life" ... hahaha.

That could pass into legend. :D

Cracking race going on out there right now.

Shame that Rosberg has been so insipid the last few races... Still hope he can somehow get the title just based on personal preference but really not looking likely (or that he really deserves it).

Also after a few good strategy calls from Williams lately, poor from them today to let Ricciardo get ahead of both. Seems like Bottas may not have had the pace to hold on anyway but Massa probably could have.

X (@ed24f1)
These big wide tracks just emphasise how small a field can look with a few cars missing.

Perez was a numpty, but it must be so easy to get caught out there. Vergne's move looked like a disaster from the point he moved to the inside, and I thought they were both going to side swipe Button too. Looking at it from Grosjean's point of view it was too forceful though - it was quite a clout.

Cracking race though. Battles throughout and the last few laps were awesome. Thought Red Bull had cocked that up properly, but suddenly Vettel decided to have some fun.

Hamilton went and took back the initiative after he probably felt Rosberg had carved him a new one on Saturday. Good that we're headed to a last race decider, no matter what the outcome at Interlagos. I am wondering how often Hamilton and Rosberg have battled this season and how many times Hamilton's left Rosberg a car's width. It's a gentleman's game any more, but to force a driver off every time is a bit over the top. That was probably one occasion where Rosberg would have been justified in ensuring wheels were tangled, and Wolff and Lauda couldn't have complained.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy