Posted by Toki 
31 October, 01, 02 November 2014
Circuit of The Americas
Number of Laps: 56
Circuit Length: 5.513 km
Race Distance: 308.405 km
Lap Record: 1:39.347 - S Vettel (2012)
2013 Winner: Sebastian Vettel [Red Bull-Renault]

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2014 07:22AM by Toki.
This is nearly as early as that Melbourne thread a few years ago. ;)
That Melbourne thread was all kinds of awesome. It was also the last one that stretched to 40-odd pages IIRC.

Right! Let's make a Melbourne 2015 thread right now :P

Oh the memories... LOL. Still, didn't we have a Spanish GP where the thread wasn't created until just before the race? I guess we can be pretty lazy too.

While we're in the topic, looking forward to seeing how (but mainly if) the track speed limit when double yellows works. It is indeed a good start, but I'm not sure it's the definite solution.

Hope for a good race here. In my view this is an example of how awesome some new tracks could look if we got rid of Tilke.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh the memories... LOL. Still, didn't we have a
> Spanish GP where the thread wasn't created until
> just before the race? I guess we can be pretty
> lazy too.

There was a British GP(2013) where the thread never even started till after the race. The thread for the Abu Dhabi GP one year(Think it was 2013 as well) was started during the race.

Kudos on the sig pic BTW. That's a really nice touch.

If there's sod all to report before a race, then meh ;)
Why didn't we put in the warning ***STAR-SPANGLED SPOILERS***? I'd laughed my arse off for sure ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Omg what have i done o_o

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
Looks like Caterham might not make it to the grid. Apparantly they have all sorts of problems with the previous ownership.

Autosport article

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
So Caterham will be not on the grid? Oh my, we couldn't see Marcus and Kamui in the Austin that would be pretty bad.
The whole thing is a complete clusterfuck.

I feel sorry for the staff.

I'm sure Caterham could struggle in Austin with financial troubles, hope they can make a good weekend.
It's not so much financial troubles, as it is the new management funding the operations since the sale, while Fernandes claims there has been no payment, so he kept the shares. The leadership appointed from stock majority is from Fernandes controlled assets, so he still owns the team, still calls the shots, but doesn't pay for it. Even more interesting Kolles has stated, that during the entire dispute, Fernandes has refused to talk with the buyers.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2014 11:19PM by Morbid.
In present circumstances I'd be very surprised if Caterham make it to Austin, the administrator won't even let the team into the factory where the cars are. If they can't get to the factory or cars then they can't race at Austin.

It does look like there's only space left for a couple more nails in the coffin.

Kolles yet again involved in a complete mess.

They should just shut the team down, they are never going to recover and progress there is no point limping from year to year.
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kolles yet again involved in a complete mess.

Not his fault, really. He's done everything he was brought in to do; streamline the team, cut the overheads, etc. Tony Fernandes is the real one at fault; he spent frivolous amounts on ventures that weren't exactly necessary to the F1 team ("oh, crap, we need a name! Better buy a whole car company!";) and built an operation trying to run before it could walk.

Fernandes pretty much refused to fund the team from the beginning of 2014, and so Kolles and his merry men produced a minor miracle getting Caterham this far.

I was sure that Kolles would be relocating the team to Germany and the entry would be serving the basis of the Forza Rossa team, but now I'm not so sure. It made sense to me; it was never confirmed that FR have an entry, and with Caterham having the Renault engines that the team purportedly wanted I thought they'd be packing up and moving to Greding.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 01:11PM by Incident 2k9.
There's also serious doubts over Maurussia making it to Austin as well now.

Yeah it sounds like both teams could be out with Sauber joining them next year.

The current management have now walked away from Caterham and the team is being run by Administrators.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2014 01:42PM by marcl.
The last I knew the Caterham cars had been left somewhere in Germany, but obviously the spare parts which were due to be shipped to Suzuka were seized and Kobayashi ran with patched up suspension in Sochi (which he wasn't happy doing apparently, and was probably his ultimate reason for retiring). Obviously without spares you can't run these cars though.

It's terrible for the hundreds of people involved and it's a shame we'll lose the , and I especially enjoyed Marussia this year and was pleased they got their point.

I wonder if someone will pick Sauber up? They're an attractive option given some of their past success (obviously 2014 hasn't been good, but 2013 was excellent as have a few seasons since BMW took over) and they've got some good facilities. Perhaps an option to anyone looking to come into F1?

We might have a rather small grid next year until something is sorted for 2016. :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy