Official 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS in the form of mahoosive 90s double-decker rear wings***

Posted by EC83 
2014 Singapore Grand Prix

Previous Winners

2008 - Fernando Alonso (Renault)

2009 - Lewis Hamilton (McLaren Mercedes)

2010 - Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)

2011 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Renault)

2012 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Renault)

2013 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Renault)

As ridiculously full of corners as this circuit is, it's actually among my most "liked" tilkedromes. I have a soft spot for bumpy, treacherous street courses, born in the CART years, which still remains.

I'm really looking forward for the new generation of cars to tackle the slippery streets of Marina Bay :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox
As ridiculously full of corners as this circuit is, it's actually among my most "liked" tilkedromes.

That's because it's not a Tilkedrome. He started initial designs around the pits, but in the end the design came from the company who did Albert Park two decades ago (@#$%& hell... 20 years?).
.... and Pastor Maldonado has arrived in Singapore :-)

And the track marshalls play a game of wrecking ball with the car ;)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2014 04:21PM by Morbid.
Watching a re-run of P1 now, it's a bit weird seeing this track during the day. The night-time definitely adds to its atmosphere and attractiveness. Hope there's never a daytime race here.

Kimi and Fernando 1-2 in Q1. @#$%& yeah. :)

Rosberg's "DAMNIT!" said it all ;)
Such a shame for Raikkonen, amazing cheer for Ricciardo!

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2014 04:05PM by smoglessbutton4.
how about grosjean's team radio :)))
Pretty decent Q3.

Looks like Mercedes actually had to work for this one, and both Hamilton and Rosberg stood up to the plate, Rosberg may have expleted "DAMMIT" but I guess the guy really thinking it was Ricciardo :P

At one point, I thought that Massa was about to take an unlikely pole, slightly depressing to see him sink back to p6, but honestly we always knew that this type of track does not play to the strengths of the Williams, but both cars comfortably in the top ten is as good as can be expected and beleys the typical over-reacting panic of the media and social networking after Friday.... at least Pay Symmonds knew what he was doing :)

Shame about Kimi's problem.. it looked like he was going to pose a genuine threat to Alonso for once.

Poor Grosjean... but what can you do with a pig of a car?

i saw that it was raining post qualy at the track.wonder if that would eliminate the advantage the drivers in p1 p3 p5 etc have from being on the "clean" line

also, does anyone know on what tyres will nico and lewis start ? i mean,lewis must have the less used set, right? after all nico did 2 runs in q2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2014 06:23PM by mitadumapaga.
smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rosberg's "DAMNIT!" said it all ;)

Yes, that was a surpise. I thought Hamilton would not take pole after the radio clamp down, since Rosberg is very good at finding something in practice, but not string it completely together, so his team mate can easily read it on the telemetry before qually. But he did. I never thought I would hear that kind of reaction from Rosberg!

J i m Wrote:
> Poor Grosjean... but what can you do with a pig of
> a car?

Apparantly, still a lot more than Crashtor can do with it!

J i m Wrote:
> Poor Grosjean... but what can you do with a pig of
> a car?

"NOTHING IS SOLVED!!!!!" :P

At least he wasn't replicating Piquet's 2008 crash like he did last time he tried to qualify an uncompetitive car at this track.

Here we go then. Hammertime! Maybe? :P

I've got a great feeling about this one. Just sense it'll be particularly eventful, even for Singapore.

Hahah race about to start & I tell my wife the drivers all say it is so hot/humid
& they will suffer for 2 hours

She say's....They dont have air con in the cars? :-) :-)
Immediate great opportunity for Lewis!

flying Wrote:
> Hahah race about to start & I tell my wife the
> drivers all say it is so hot/humid
> & they will suffer for 2 hours
>
> She say's....They dont have air con in the cars?
> :-) :-)

Lovely :-)

This SC couldn't have happened at a better time. Nice. Alonso could've just played a blinder.

flying Wrote:
> Hahah race about to start & I tell my wife the
> drivers all say it is so hot/humid
> & they will suffer for 2 hours
>
> She say's....They dont have air con in the cars?
> :-) :-)

Guess they kinda do though! ;)

Brilliant win by Lewis. Went out and took that one, really made it count.

Championship properly on!

^^Actually no, because of the new regs for the front, most teams opted to scrap the air intake they had in the nose last year. Due to aerodynamic properties of the car, almost no air gets into the driver well from above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2014 04:15PM by Morbid.
my girlfriend told me that she thought what happened to rosberg was part of the show. she believes that since it is all media stuff, things like that get orchestrated. Actually, she believes that rosberg's car was set up to break at some point during the race - to induce more drama - but they just did not set up the breakage of the car properly.

Now as much as i do not believe this, I could not find an argument to oppose her hypothesis. I wonder what your opinion is on that? True there are sponsors and brands involved, but then so are there in football and we all know how many set up games there have been throughout the years - including games on the World Cup stage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy