Official 2014 Italian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS with minimal downforce***

Posted by EC83 
Sods law hehe...

I had to look that one up. Seems to be a British rebranded version of Murphy's law as far as I can tell.

Seems right though. As we have seen, Vettel has been getting the majority of car failures at Red Bull, and it was the other way around when Webber was there. No rabid group of conspiracy theorists there as far as I seen.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL, Canamasas disqualified for about 17
> infractions in one race.

And had his Wiki page updated straight after:

LMAO!

I bet Mal is really happy that he left Williams lol.
Morbid Wrote:
> Sods law hehe...
>
> I had to look that one up. Seems to be a British
> rebranded version of Murphy's law as far as I can
> tell.

That is indeed the long and short of it.

marcl Wrote:
>
> Also what has happened to Nico H he is just no
> where, Perez is doing a much better job.

In Hulkenberg's defense, he had a number of issues at Monza; Force India rather messed up his strategy, and the team found damage on the car at one point too. His start was awesome, getting into the top 10 at the first corner on the hard tyres.

It's not as black and white as "Perez is doing a better job", instead Perez has the propensity to pick up the more "eye-catching" results because he's usually having to compensate for something. However, he's a far more inconsistent driver.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2014 01:31AM by Incident 2k9.
I think in general the Force India has simply been out developed by the Williams, Ferrari to a slightly lesser extent the McLaren.

And this is reflected in their less competive form overall, but indeed, Perez seems to have picked it up on his back somewhat which is surprising because you'd expect the Hulk to be the one who over delivers on the potential of the car.

Perez continues to impress me. Despite the problems, I'm starting to think that the Hulk is a tad overhyped ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Think the collision with Perez in Hungary has got to him a bit, he seems not to have been the same driver since then. It didn't happen at a great time in the season either.

I wonder if he has a car problem and they need to change it.

A lot of cars are also meant to be running at reduced power to try and get through the year without needed the 6th engine or parts.

I wish they would do a chart of who had used what.

We know Lewis lost an entire set in Hungry.
marcl
We know Lewis lost an entire set in Hungry.

No, he was using that engine this weekend for at least practice (or was it Spa - I think it was Monza - but the engine has definitely been in use since). I don't know about the other associated bits of the power unit though. To be fair, the actual units may well have escaped serious damage - it's more the wiring and lines that would have been damaged and they're obviously free to replace them.

What we really need to know isn't how many of each unit they've used, but how many miles they've got on them. They're free to change the sections as they see fit.

Given the high-speed nature of both, I expect all teams used a new engine both at Spa and particularly Monza if they had them available.
I've sure I've got a list somewhere that I brought back from Monza. If I've still got it i'll knock it up and share it.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Thanks for clearing that up no idea why they reported he lost the lot, maybe after looking at them they found they were not as bad as they thought.
for those of you who bet on formula 1, here is an interesting statistic which I created myself.

The statistic brings together the tyre compound brought by pirelli to a certain track, and the performance of Rosberg vs. Hamilton on that particular track. Here are a few findings:

If pirelli brings MEDIUM & HARD compunds to a race we have so far:

1. Malaysia: Hamilton destroyed Rosberg

2. Italy: Hamilton destroyed Rosberg

3. Spain (EXCEPTION): Rosberg was match to Hamilton

4. Silverstone: Hamilton won and was faster throughout the weekend.

CONCLUSION: If the tyre compounds MEDIUM/HARD are brought to a race, lewis ALWAYS beats Rosberg, and in 2/3 cases destroys him performance-weise.

If pirelli brings SUPERSOFT & SOFT compunds to a race we have so far:

1. Monaco: Nico won

2. Canada: Nico was set to win

3. Austria: Nico won

4. Germany: Nico won (no direct performance comparison possible)

CONCLUSION: If the tyre compounds SUPERSOFT/ SOFT are brought to a race, Rosberg beats Hamilton (although it is difficult to say that he beats him performanceweise in Races, Rosberg definately wins in qualys, and even if this sounds too strong for you, Rosberg at least is a fair match to hamilton).

There is no consistency in the results when the tye compounds soft & medium are brought to a race.

FINAL CONCLUSION: I would put my money on rosberg in singapore and on a dominant hamilton win in japan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2014 12:07PM by mitadumapaga.
Austria Lewis was faster all weekend as well, same in Canada but both times Lewis messed up in quali.
hey Marc,

I agree with you. Indeed ham was faster in those races' free practices etc, but so was rosberg in spain and bahrain.

My point here is not to establish causality of events, but rather only correlation. Correlation between tyre compound and raceresult. And it is a fact that there is an established pattern of race results depending on the tyre brought to a race.

I still think rosberg must win in singapore. It is a street circuit, which usually suits rosberg, and the tyre compound brought has positive correlation with rosbergs good results. I feel pretty excite to test my theory in the next two races.
i would also like to see how this radio restrictions will affect the race in general, now that things like the team radio to Massa saying he was using throttle and brakes at the same time in turn 3 are banned, and also information about fuel/brakes/tyres etc.

I guess this will mean more DNFs, and it should be a disadvantage for those that dont take too much care of the mechanics or have an agressive style, like Hamilton Vettel etc. I believe that this year, with this particulary complex and fragile cars, they suffered more failures that Rosberg and Ricciardo respectively due to the way they treat the car, and that happened a lot years ago an example that cames to my mind from a good car is Ferrari in 1975, with Lauda finishing most of the times and Regazzoni blowing up engines, and how many drivers (and how many times) in the 80s someone used too much turbo and blown his engine / ran out of fuel?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2014 02:13AM by Frantic.
While there's uproar on other forums, I literally couldn't give a damn about the team radio. It's getting so technical even the hardcore fans don't have a clue about half the code words used, and while phrases like hammertime, hoagies and magic switches are interesting or funny at first, it soon wears off. Kimi's old radio messages will be the only thing I'll miss, but they've dried up at Ferrari anyway.

There has been zero information forthcoming from the FIA though, and we need to know what explicitly the teams can tell their driver and what penalties we're looking at. I'm sure if a driver is 10 seconds a lap off the pace the FIA aren't going to throw the book at them for correcting it, and I'm sure if the brakes are about to pop they're not going to stop the team telling the driver to take it easy.

Let the pampered drivers do it the old fashioned way. It might actually mean the best driver has that teeny bit more control over how their race pans out. We might even have a Monaco 1982!
It's exactly 10 years now since it first started being broadcast - in real time, which lasted about 1 race after Bruni abused it in Shanghai 2004. :P

I wouldn't miss it either.

the weather forecast for singpore is ... STORMS!!

and while it sounds like just what might spice up the action, I remember that for the past what? 2, 3 ,4 years the FIA website always comes up with such a forecast but the race ends up being bone dry.
There will be storms at some point in the day/night (that's just the location) as there have in previous years, but given the heat and perhaps time of the sessions, the track has dried before any action.

I remember last year (or 2012) we had one of the free practice sessions starting out damp, but other than that I think we've avoided everything else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy