Round 7 - Montrunreal

Posted by gav 
Re: Round 7 - Montrunreal
Date: June 09, 2014 12:20PM
Posted by: marcl
Tbh Massa just proved yet again that he is not a good racer in the pack. He closed up 1 second a lap and then just sat there and made silly errors.
Date: June 09, 2014 03:19PM
Posted by: phantaman
this is what happens find that mirrors are a simple aesthetic adornment (garnish) ... I know that mirrors are sometimes imagined and designed as aerodynamic aids, but this does not take away the fact that Perez was wrong ... then the responsibility of choice not very smart is entirely his, not Felipe. Williams also gave a very ineffective strategy for Felipe, but still he managed to reverse. Perez unfortunately destroyed a fantastic recovery that Felipe was doing and his own race because it would score good points.

is not the 1st time he (perez) makes these stupid things (change the trajectory and brake test). by attitudes like this that Mclaren fired him

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: June 09, 2014 03:48PM
Posted by: gav
phantaman
this is what happens find that mirrors are a simple aesthetic adornment (garnish) ... I know that mirrors are sometimes imagined and designed as aerodynamic aids

To be fair Vettel saw that Massa was about to torpedo him and did a great job of getting out of the way, so they do work sometimes.
Date: June 10, 2014 12:03AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
what an arrogant statement

The Mexican said he was following the same line as in previous laps and "just got hit from behind".
He added: "I watched several replays of the incident and I can't help but notice how Felipe turns right just before he hits me.
"I can only think he must have changed his mind and wanted to rejoin the racing line. His misjudgement cost us a big amount of points."

especiallly after fia and the paddock found perez was to blame
Date: June 10, 2014 04:16AM
put on a smaller scale (Y)

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2014 03:09PM by phantaman.
Date: June 10, 2014 09:41AM
Posted by: danm
You got a slightly bigger pic to show it all!?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: June 10, 2014 10:11AM
Posted by: SupraRacing55
Very good picture, but #4 text doesn't show up completely.
Date: June 10, 2014 03:10PM
edited because the screen was too exaggerated ;-)

Date: June 10, 2014 03:38PM
Meh, you poor guys with your 19 inchers. ;)
Date: June 10, 2014 03:39PM
hahahaha

Date: June 10, 2014 07:13PM
Posted by: thestig88
the massa perez incident reminded me of rubens barrichello and mark blundells crash at the 1995 british gp
Date: June 11, 2014 05:24PM
Posted by: TFIOS
Im not fan of Massa & Perez, but damn. (No offense to massa fans) but it doesn't mean you are more experienced and the other is just starting out doesn't mean you're much more superior than him.. I find him very egoistic. Sure, Perez turn to left a little bit .. but he was ahead of him, plus massa made his last decision to make sudden changes in his racing line.. swerving to right.

Driver at CRG RACING TEAM. #17

The World is not a wish granting factory.
Date: June 11, 2014 07:50PM
Posted by: Slash
TFIOS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im not fan of Massa & Perez, but damn. (No offense
> to massa fans) but it doesn't mean you are more
> experienced and the other is just starting out
> doesn't mean you're much more superior than him..
> I find him very egoistic. Sure, Perez turn to left
> a little bit .. but he was ahead of him, plus
> massa made his last decision to make sudden
> changes in his racing line.. swerving to right.

Sorry, did you even bother to open up the link PHANTAMAN provided?

"turn to the left a little bit", no, he completely switched a car length and "a little bit" more to the left.

Massa did what any other driver would've done, moved to the inside at the last minute in the braking area, why?, because is forbidden to switch under braking area (that's precisely why Perez was penalised btw) that way he's guaranteeing Perez will remain in his line and he can pull his overtake.
Perez is no rookie, he's been long enough in the series by now, but he still makes this silly mistakes like a rookie, there's a pattern so most ikely he will do it again.
Date: June 11, 2014 09:00PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
although i believe it was coommpletely perz's fault, I cannot understand why did massa left perez so little space. he knew perez was out of brakes, he was on the inside and he had fresher tyres.

i think massa left his race in the hands of the other driver and that was his "fault". the accident himself was all about the wreckless perez. although, i can understand how frustrated he must have been victory was all his, and at the end he was dropping back to fifth. this of course does not excuse his fault, just makes it more understandable
Date: June 11, 2014 09:14PM
Err, TFIOS, even Perez's own fans thinks he was at fault (this was removed from Perez's website)

Date: June 12, 2014 12:35PM
I dont get this massa turned to the right stuff.

Of corse his wheel turned right it had to as there is a right corner, had he carried on straight he would have gone off!

Perex jinked to the left simple.
Date: June 12, 2014 06:57PM
Posted by: J i m
I think essentially it was a racing 'accident' and a damned scary one @ 27G+ (I actually had my head in my hands as I watched it unfold).

If we're honest (and if Massa could be totally honest..) then I think he could have been a bit more savvy. For starters he messed up his exit from the last corner because he got a wheel-spin tankslapper on, with a slightly better controlled exit he'd have been even closer to Perez and knowing Perez's reputation for being a bit frisky in braking zones then he could have been a bit more circumspect by how much he'd have cleared him by. But I love that he was actually giving it a go even if his overtaking craft is currently rusty.

I don't for a moment think Perez did anything deliberate, and I don't feel he was 100% at fault. But he did move across in the braking zone and as I said he has a reputation for being frisky like that in wheel to wheel dices, which again I love. But the stewards were correct in applying the penalty or in the least a reprimand because he's always tethering on the edge of recklessness and it was about time he was taken aside and told "hey chap, we love you, but carry on driving like that and you're going to hurt someone".

Afterall, it's possible to race wheel to wheel without driving like a lunatic.

Ultimately we ought to be relieved that one one was hurt, including the marshals whose response it has to be said was lightning quick, too quick really as they put themselves in danger by sprinting to the cars almost before they'd even come to a standstill.

My verdict, racing accident but with lessons to be learnt by all parties.

Date: June 12, 2014 07:26PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Hey guys, meant to share this over the last weekend. Something I knocked up on Gilles Villeneuve, a tribute of sorts, focusing on his appeal, and why someone with a pretty ordinary amount of wins and poles is held up alongside people like Senna, Clark as one of the best ever.

[richlandf1.com]

Some of you may even have witnessed Gilles fist-hand, so would be great to hear your thoughts. Not my usual forte something like this.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 12, 2014 08:06PM
Massa is just lucky he wasn't launched, as a Patrese/Fittpaldi/Webber-style flip could have been even nastier - if not for Massa and the marshalls, potentially for Vettel.
Date: June 13, 2014 09:59AM
Vettel was very lucky, Massa could have gone into his car nose first in the side. I hate to think what could have happed to to Vettel if that happened.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy