Sad news

Posted by Soutsen 
Sad news
Date: December 29, 2013 02:01PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Schumacher suffers head injury in skiing accident

Date: December 29, 2013 04:07PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Thank God he was wearing a helmet. All we can do now is hope for the best...

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Re: Sad news
Date: December 29, 2013 11:35PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
His condition is critical and he is reported to be in a coma :(

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: December 30, 2013 12:03AM
Posted by: KimiHeikki
Andy Granatelli died today :(
Hope Michael will win this race of his life...
Date: December 30, 2013 02:25AM
Posted by: Slash
it's UNBELIEVABLE...... 16 years driving F1 at the most demanding circuits, and his worst accident is Skiing....

Get Well Mikey
Date: December 30, 2013 02:29AM
Posted by: EC83
Heard about this on BBC News about 1PM today and the report was that his injury was minor, so I didn't think anything much of it. Holy crap... Hope he pulls through and recovers.

The dude really doesn't have small accidents. :-/

Date: December 30, 2013 08:25AM
Posted by: Morbid
Latest news is that he has had a cerebral hemorrhage, had to undergo brain surgery and has taken a turn for the worse. It's not looking good.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 30, 2013 08:29AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
I have a bad feeling about this.
Date: December 30, 2013 09:54AM
Posted by: jimbob1
news channels are reporting that an update will be announced at 10 am .....so hoping for the best here........
Date: December 30, 2013 11:18AM
Posted by: gav
Still critical and fighting for his life. Despite rumours, he only had one operation. He became "increasingly agitated" at the first hospital. He has lesions within the brain. It wasn't clear regarding his coma status - [through what sounded like a good translator at the hospital] one answer at the press conference said he fell into a coma en route to Grenoble (the 2nd hospital), while later they stated he was in a medically induced coma. I don't know whether you can fall into a coma which is then sustained medically, but that's what it sounded like.
Date: December 30, 2013 12:36PM
Posted by: J i m
Well as par de course with modern media and social networking there is a massive amount of rubbish to sift through before finding any reliable source of information, up until now I've refrained from commenting because it's difficult to know what to take as genuine information and what to dismiss as generic internetz stupidity (of which there is plenty).

Suffice to say that it was a unfortunately nasty accident and hence there is good reason for concern.

I hope he pulls through.

Date: December 30, 2013 12:41PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Terrible, terrible news. We can only hope that Schuey fights on.

Here is RichlandF1's latest update, covering Michael's current situation. Just the facts, no bullshit.

[twitter.com]

This is all confirmed and correct at the time of publication, which was about ten minutes ago.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: December 30, 2013 01:03PM
Posted by: n00binio
gav schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still critical and fighting for his life. Despite
> rumours, he only had one operation. He became
> "increasingly agitated" at the first hospital. He
> has lesions within the brain. It wasn't clear
> regarding his coma status - one answer at the
> press conference said he fell into a coma en route
> to Grenoble (the 2nd hospital), while later they
> stated he was in a medically induced coma. I
> don't know whether you can fall into a coma which
> is then sustained medically, but that's what it
> sounded like.

That's the way I understood it as well. Afaik it's possible to sustain a coma medically, but in that case there's no guarantee that stopping the medication will wake up the person in question. I think it's mainly done to ensure the patient is not waking up too early.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: December 30, 2013 02:28PM
Posted by: Isaint
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Terrible, terrible news. We can only hope that
> Schuey fights on.
>
> Here is RichlandF1's latest update, covering
> Michael's current situation. Just the facts, no
> bullshit.
>
> [twitter.com]
> 702848/photo/1
>
> This is all confirmed and correct at the time of
> publication, which was about ten minutes ago.

Yes this article seems to be quiet reliable. Can't put it it any other way ... 'Gutted!' It's all about time now and monitoring. Depending on size of the Edema ( Swelling ) and whether or not it has caused partial or severe damage to the brain. The operation would have been to stop internal bleeding into the brain- reduce swelling and and to control or repair cranial lesions and also to remove skull fragments if any. The induced coma is to protect the brain by limiting activity. Deterioration can be quick or stable. It all depends on the individual and severity of the trauma.
This is undoubtedly his 8th world Champion Ship and I pray to God he wins it ...........

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: December 30, 2013 04:57PM
Posted by: Carlitox
I, as many, wasn't concerned at first, knowing that was awake and somewhat alert, but as things got worse I started worrying. What an awful way to end this year. And after driving F1 cars in such a dangerous time as the early 90s, witnessing death on-track (twice) and he himself having serious crashes, it is cruelly ironic that his most serious injury is the result of a freaking skiing accident. As a long time fan (practically since I was born), I am praying for the best to come. He's an awesome sportsman and a truly kind person. And he won't be lacking willpower. This is just another race for him, and we all know how much he likes to win...

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: December 30, 2013 05:12PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Just a sad time for the Schumacher family and fans of him. I don't really have much to say as there is so much conflicting info out there. My thoughts are prayers are with him and his family during this difficult time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2013 05:15PM by RenaultFan.
Date: December 30, 2013 06:03PM
Posted by: Isaint
Doctors speak .......

[www.bbc.co.uk]

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: December 30, 2013 10:06PM
Posted by: gav
* Watches 1998 Hungarian GP *
Date: December 30, 2013 11:10PM
Posted by: thestig88
Get well soon Schumi! You have been F1 to me since I first started watching back in 1995!
Date: December 31, 2013 03:21AM
Posted by: EC83
Not very easy to put into words how distressing I find this now. He started driving just over 2 years after I started watching F1 and quickly became one of my favourites. He was the driver who eventually managed to reignite my love of F1 after watching Ayrton Senna lose his life and breaking my heart over it as a 10 year old. He became my hero, my favourite driver at a time when F1 was very much the centre of my universe back in the late 90s. I supported him 110% through his repeated attempts to win the title for Ferrari and was gutted each time he lost but never lost faith in him. I was at the 1999 British GP, at Stowe Corner, when he crashed and broke his leg - and went through a not dissimilar rollercoaster of emotions that day to the one I've had in the last 24 hours. I stood back in sheer awe of him at his comeback in Malaysia 1999, and a year later watching Suzuka 2000 he gave me one of the happiest days I can remember... How poignant I find it now that just last week I was reliving many of these emotions watching classic F1 races on Sky and posting about it in that thread I made here.

Basically, to echo the sentiment of thestig88, he was F1 to me for many years. I guess I'm just kind of shell-shocked right now. As much as we're all mortal, this wasn't expected - every so often I guess someone comes across as more than human - as much as we consciously know they're not, the subconscious doesn't want to know sometimes.

Godspeed, Michael. I've never supported you in any race like I do in this one now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy