Classic F1 Races ***SPO... Oh wait***

Posted by EC83 
Re: Classic F1 Races ***SPO... Oh wait***
Date: July 30, 2015 10:40PM
Posted by: EC83
Sky are showing the re-run of the 2000 German GP again tonight. Good timing, as that race took place 15 years ago today! If that's pure coincidence, it's an awesome one.
Never get tired of watching this race. Happy days!

Date: July 31, 2015 09:22PM
Slightly OT, but Rubens made my day today. Yesterday he posted a pic on Instagram of him winning at Hockenheim for the anniversary and I commented on it, and today he responded thanking me! Not many things make my day straight off, but that did.
Legend! :)

Date: July 31, 2015 11:07PM
Posted by: gav
The first minute of that GP is one of my favourites from Murray. The changing of his voice as he realises it probably isn't Barrichello in the tyres at turn one is brilliant, followed by "the Frentzen" up in third. :D
Date: August 01, 2015 12:31AM
LOL! Yeah, that was a class moment. The "Ding dong, are we gonna see a race now!" on lap 28 was pretty funny too. I'm sure Murray dropped innuendos on purpose from time to time.

Tonight it was the 1998 Belgian GP, and in the early laps when MS and Damon were battling for the lead, Murray repeatedly called Damon the 1994 World Champion, and then went on to start describing their rivalry during 1994, and then the 94 title decider in Adelaide, and the title-deciding collision between them. At that point Martin interrupted him to mention MS running wide at Fagnes, just as he was building up to a classic "Oops" moment. Which was annoying. :P

Date: August 04, 2015 10:06AM
It was the 1999 Canadian GP last night. Enjoyed it, even if I didn't enjoy it live when I was a hardcore MS fan. Mark Blundell wasn't too bad a commentator IMO, certainly I don't find his commentary annoying.

I liked Murray's commentary before the race about the hot conditions and the unique situation and problems it helped create. He did a brilliant job of building up the atmosphere in anticipation of the race. Although Martin Brundle is good at that too, no other commentator has been quite the same at it since Murray IMO.

As an aside, I had my Muse And Similar station playing on Last FM at the time - completely random in terms of what track gets played next - and at the point where MS bins it in the Champions' Wall, Another One Bites The Dust had just started playing. Bad, bad Last FM. :P

Also, Erja Hakkinen... My God. I don't know what it is that draws me to her so much. Maybe because she was the first F1 WAG I fancied, maybe I knew her in a past life or something. I'd rather get intimate with her in this one though, if Fate could kindly part the Red Sea.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2015 10:09AM by EC83.
Date: September 03, 2015 10:16AM
Posted by: iwatore
You are right about Mark Blundell as commentator.
I'm watching now the whole 1999 season and I really enjoy the program with the first 40 minutes talking about the qualyfing and the circuit and the environment surrounding the race.
I really like classic seasons and how they raced in the the past and I think Mark Blundell and that program it was brilliant.
I'm lucky to be able to watch all the races ;-)

by the way I also think you are right about Erja Hakkinen... lol

EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was the 1999 Canadian GP last night. Enjoyed
> it, even if I didn't enjoy it live when I was a
> hardcore MS fan. Mark Blundell wasn't too bad a
> commentator IMO, certainly I don't find his
> commentary annoying.

For F1 lovers: www.f1legendraces.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2015 10:18AM by iwatore.
Date: September 18, 2015 01:41AM
I recently followed her on Instagram, and tonight I commented on a photo she posted. Woohoo! ;)

She still looks great too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2015 01:46AM by EC83.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy