2013 United States Grand Prix *** Spoilers ***

Posted by smoglessbutton4 
2013 United States Grand Prix *** Spoilers ***
Date: November 10, 2013 10:35AM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Time to kick off this thread :P
Why? Because this news isn't massively relevant to Abu Dhabi (more to Singapore, actually), but it's gonna have a fair impact on the next two races ;) [www.autosport.com]

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Re: 2013 United States Grand Prix *** Spoilers ***
Date: November 10, 2013 10:41AM
Posted by: gav
Bastard. I was just making one, mainly to have somewhere to discuss that news. ;)

Gav
After having no thread for the Indian Grand Prix, let's mix it up a bit and make an early one. ;)

Whilst I was extremely sceptical before last years race, the track grew on me, mainly due to the fact there was sod all grip and the drivers were really having to earn their money. We need more tracks which challenge the drivers please. I'm guessing Pirelli will bring softer tyres this year, plus the track won't be leaking oils as much as it was last year with the fresh tarmac.
Date: November 10, 2013 11:57AM
Posted by: J i m
The actual race itself last year was probably the best race COTA could ever have wished for. It was simply brilliant. I think ultimately I'd wait before making a definitive judgement on the circuit itself although it is promising.

So Kimi's put his back out again then, or else he didn't get his back payments from Quantum "Lotus". That's a little bit disappointing but not altogether surprising. It leaves Lotus in slight diddly of a problem as into who they are going to use replace him for the rest of the season.

Persumably Davide Valeschecci is first up in line as he is the official test and reserve driver (as far as I know). He's tested the car but then so has Nico Prost. Neither has any F1 race experience and putting them in at this point of the season would be far from ideal. Jérôme d'Ambrosio didn't have a particularity competitive weekend when he subbed for the naughty stepped Grosjean last year and he had a full season experience with Maurussia.

Many people are pointing to Nico Hulkenberg. Is it possible they can finalize the deal, announce it and negotiate with Sauber to allow him to transfer early? I think it doubtful, Sauber will want to hang onto him in order to score points.

Maybe they should give B00bens a call? I'm sure he'd love to race at Brazil.

Date: November 10, 2013 12:13PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Surely it has to be Valsecchi, otherwise what was the point of employing him as a reserve driver.

I can't see it being Hulk as from what I've read the Quantum deal is effectively a scam, in a similar vein to the Quadbak deal that BMW were involved with a few years ago.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: November 10, 2013 01:38PM
Ferrari2007
I can't see it being Hulk as from what I've read the Quantum deal is effectively a scam, in a similar vein to the Quadbak deal that BMW were involved with a few years ago.

It seems that way. Looking at the Autosport forums (I know, I know) it looks as though they're being run by a shady character operating out of a pizzeria which may not even be selling pizzas.
I called it first (and most of you didn't believe me) ;)

smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apparentley Quantum is owned by a Pakistani
> fraudster... :/

(From 2014 season thread)

GPGSL -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 01:47PM by smoglessbutton4.
Date: November 10, 2013 06:11PM
gav Wrote:
> > I can't see it being Hulk as from what I've read
> the Quantum deal is effectively a scam, in a
> similar vein to the Quadbak deal that BMW were
> involved with a few years ago.
>
>
> It seems that way. Looking at the Autosport
> forums (I know, I know) it looks as though they're
> being run by a shady character operating out of a
> pizzeria which may not even be selling pizzas.

That's where I also found the information Gav. Are you also active over there? I just lurk myself, can't be doing with all the fanboying.

It does look like the guys over there have found out some interesting information though. If they could do it, then let's hope that the guys at Genii have done the same.

My personal favourite was the photoshopped sign that they have been using. Cheap as hell.

Date: November 10, 2013 06:40PM
A Prince Malik wannabe then.

Remember "t-minus" at Arrows?

Date: November 10, 2013 06:49PM
Ferrari2007
Are you also active over there? I just lurk myself, can't be doing with all the fanboying.

I'm not at all active. I'm not even registered. But if there's a juicy story around, it's often entertaining having a look over there. Good for following pre-season with the plethora of photos of the new cars too. :)
Date: November 10, 2013 07:35PM
J i m
A Prince Malik wannabe then. Remember "t-minus" at Arrows?

Yes it seems along the same sort of lines as with Arrows.

Gav
I'm not at all active. I'm not even registered. But if there's a juicy story around, it's often entertaining having a look over there. Good for following pre-season with the plethora of photos of the new cars too. :)

Ah right, yes it is very good in that regard.

Date: November 11, 2013 02:35AM
Posted by: EC83
Wooo! Early race thread! :D

Obviously a good excuse for Kimi to take the rest of the season off - Martin Brundle did speculate he might during the Abu Dhabi GP. His back problem has never struck me as being that bad, but I guess an operation can't hurt his preparations to be on top form for next season.

After seeing these posts I checked out those forums for myself(For the very first time), and it's certainly active over there - no danger of any tumbleweed moments. Even fanboy posts can be entertaining... usually by accident. :P

smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
> I called it first (and most of you didn't believe
> me) ;)
>
> smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Apparentley Quantum is owned by a Pakistani
> > fraudster... :/
>
> (From 2014 season thread)

Yes, yes you did! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2013 02:37AM by EC83.
Date: November 11, 2013 11:46AM
It's not only Kimi who has handed in a sick note, it's also possible that Alonso will sit out Austin with a bad back. (All I know is that both Lotus and Ferrari would like to see the back of back problems ;) ).

Apparently it is Bianchi who is first in line to sub at Ferrari which means I got it wrong because I thought it was De la Rosa, but he's reportedly 2nd in line to the saddle of the spare prancing horse. How'd you then rank Gene and Fisichella gawd only knows. I suppose for Badoer it's when hell freezes over hot

But if Ferrari plucked Bianchi from Maurussia who repalces him? Not so Speedy Gonzalez? Magunessen, De la Rosa?

I can imagine Gonzalez and his $$$ being given the nod :P

GPGSL -
Date: November 11, 2013 12:30PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
> I can imagine Gonzalez and his $$$ being given the
> nod :P

Gonzo would be the only choice I think, as Marussia would be taking his seat to races for FP1 sessions.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 11, 2013 01:02PM
With these extra seats becoming available, I'm hoping teams will fill them intelligently. Hulk in the Lotus and Bianchi in the Ferrari would probably be ideal. I'm surprised de la Rosa is being considered at this stage, even for a one-off drive. And Ferrari would probably put di Montezemelo himself in the car before they considered that other Luca. ;)

It would be nice to have Rubens come back and drive again in the last couple of races - Sauber might be his best chance there if Lotus commandeer the Hulk.

This is like early 90s F1 revisited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2013 01:04PM by EC83.
Date: November 11, 2013 01:06PM
Ferrari have an arrangement that De la Rosa subs for Sauber, indeed he nearly subed for Hulkenberg recently.

Date: November 11, 2013 01:11PM
Well that's not so bad then. I had visions of him being allowed near a works Ferrari drive!

Date: November 11, 2013 08:10PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It would be great to see De La Rosa make about his 100th comeback, particularly if he could have snagged a Ferrari seat ;) Does seem like Alonso is fit after all though.

As for Lotus, I was thinking about it and I do hope Valsecchi gets a go. He probably won't do well, but no-one thought Kobayashi would do well either. At least give him USA and you can always draft in Kovalainen or even try and get Hulkenberg for Brazil if necessary.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2013 08:16PM by SchueyFan.
Date: November 12, 2013 10:33PM
I really hope that it is Davide who gets the nod, despite all the rumours linking Kovalainen to the seat. Otherwise what was the point of signing Valsecchi as a reserve driver in the first place.

He's had a single day's running in the E21, and that was back in July. Other than that the most time he's spent in the car was probably the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Date: November 12, 2013 11:57PM
There's no real omph behind the Kovalainen rumour, as far as I can make out it's basically simply Salo suggesting that's it what he would do.

Logistically, it's going to be Valesecchi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy