Nostalgia: Jerez 1997 - Villeneuve vs. Schumacher

Posted by Ferrari2007 
Nostalgia: Jerez 1997 - Villeneuve vs. Schumacher
Date: October 25, 2013 04:42AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
As some of you may, or may not know, in the last year I've been studying journalism, with the ambition to make it to the Formula One paddock in the future.

In my spare time I've been writing for RichlandF1, a new up-and-coming F1 site, and for each GP we publish a nostalgia piece.

Seeing as it is India this weekend and both races that have been held there were dull as hell, I took the opportunity to go for something a little bit different and have instead taken a look back at Jerez 1997, which is most famous for Schuey and Villeneuve's clash, as well as being the site of Hakkinen's first win.

Anyway, as I know the vast majority of you are big F1 fans I thought I'd share my piece here for you to enjoy as I'm actually really pleased with it.

I'd really like to read any of your comments or criticisms, so please post them here as I'd love to know how you think I can improve my writing.

Here's the link to the piece. Please excuse the headline/title which is a bit rubbish to be honest.

[richlandf1.com]

Thanks, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
(Y)(B)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Re: Nostalgia: Jerez 1997 - Villeneuve vs. Schumacher
Date: October 25, 2013 05:13PM
Posted by: J i m
I enjoyed reading that very much, very well written and your knowledge about the sport in general shone through.

Made it a far better read than much of the reporting on the internet these days. Good luck in your aspirations and I hope you go far.

Date: October 25, 2013 05:20PM
Posted by: IWE
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [richlandf1.com]
>
> Thanks, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I
> did writing it.

This web site has been reported as harmful.
We recommend that you do not visit this web site.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
J i m Wrote:
> I enjoyed reading that very much, very well
> written and your knowledge about the sport in
> general shone through.
>
> Made it a far better read than much of the
> reporting on the internet these days. Good luck in
> your aspirations and I hope you go far.

Thanks very much Jim :)

IWE Wrote:
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > [richlandf1.com]
> >
> > Thanks, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as
> I
> > did writing it.
>
>
>
> This web site has been reported as harmful.
> We recommend that you do not visit this web site.

I'm not sure what you are getting at mate, there is clearly nothing harmful about the site.

Coincidence or not, my antivirus stumbled across some 'potentially unwanted software' and quarantined it not long after I checked the article out...! ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
;) I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the site. Trust me if there was I'd know about it and obviously would not post it here.

Date: October 26, 2013 03:42AM
Posted by: gareth
Got to echo Jim's comments, great read and I'd say you'd fit into the circus quite nicely straight away with that quality. I think what would add more to your writing is the personal insights you'd glean from being in the paddock, those little gems you only pick up from speaking directly with drivers and personalities. Let's hope you get an opportunity to get in there and get those little nuggets for us to enjoy!! :-)
Thanks Gareth :)

Excellent read, Dan, as I've come to expect. If you ever do an interview with an F1 team boss, hand him one of my CVs? ;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Thanks Jake, I will mate, but only after I've handed him one of mine ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2013 07:20PM by Ferrari2007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy