from the 90s to early 00s which car had the best livery?

Posted by JasonJarvis1988 
So, so slow... but so, so beautiful - Andrea Moda ;)

Simtek 94, as EC83 mentioned

A bit later than the other cars, but this is probably the one car that got me interested in F1 - the 2001 Bennetton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
flat tyre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, so slow... but so, so beautiful - Andrea Moda
> ;)
> [www.f1rejects.com]
> -hungaroring-rm.jpghttp://www.f1rejects.com/teams/
> andreamoda/large/92-launch-1.jpg
>
> Simtek 94, as EC83 mentioned
> [img816.imageshack.us]
> 941fortstimol.jpg
>
> A bit later than the other cars, but this is
> probably the one car that got me interested in F1
> - the 2001 Bennetton
> [img.photobucket.com]
> f1-2001-usa-tm-0440.jpg

Always thought that benetton looked better with the original flared nose

Speaking of flared noses... 2001 Jordan.
That is beast.

2001 had some great-looking cars. i liked the Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Benetton, BAR, Arrows, Sauber, Jaguar, Minardi, Prost... ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2013 08:33PM by smoglessbutton4.
one of my favourites is the f310:

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
That early-season 2001 Benetton always had one of my favourite front wings. Shame it got replaced with a generic conventional front wing halfway through the season. It was the same with the 2004 Williams.

two of my favourites... too lazy to search my memory (and internet) for other nice liveries beside the obvious ones (marlboro mclaren, west mclaren, williams, etc.)

1991 jordan

early 90s (with exception of 1993) ferraris

anze89 Wrote:
> two of my favourites... too lazy to search my
> memory (and internet) for other nice liveries
> beside the obvious ones (marlboro mclaren, west
> mclaren, williams, etc.)
>
> 1991 jordan
> [mschumacher.motorsportal.hu]
>
> early 90s (with exception of 1993) ferraris
> [www.pirro.com]
> /XLarge/Formula1.Monaco.1994.jpg

Always really liked that Jordan (particularly like the tic tac livery in that photo, too). As for the Ferrari, that early 1994 car was sooooooooooooo pretty. One of my all time favourites (and I was most upset when Ferrari performed a sidepod-ectomy later in the season). I've enjoyed this thread, seems to me there were a whole bunch of great looking cars in the 90s, some of which I'd forgotten about, so thanks all for the pics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2013 10:08AM by geoff.
I preferred the B-spec 1994 Ferrari myself. It wasn't as streamlined as the early-season car, but it had a much more striking appearance IMO - it looked just plain fearsome from the front. Kind of like the Benetton B192 in that respect.

I loved the orange West livery McLaren ran in testing in the late 90s, thought it was way better than the one they raced in.

I always quite liked the Benetton liveries, too :)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
EC83 Wrote:
> I preferred the B-spec 1994 Ferrari myself. It
> wasn't as streamlined as the early-season car, but
> it had a much more striking appearance IMO - it
> looked just plain fearsome from the front. Kind of
> like the Benetton B192 in that respect.

You know, I've looked at pictures of the A and B spec versions again, and, 19 years later, I think I'm coming around to the B spec car. Ho hum.

Benetton liveries - actually kinda liked the Camel liveries, particularly on the B192 cos that car shape rocked. As for Mild Seven liveries, I didn't really dig the Schumacher ones, they looked a bit busy to me. By the B197, however I thought they'd got it down, that one looked great.

Other ones I like - 94 Simtek (though it looks better with the MTV logos than 'naked' as in the pic above, the black (not Tissot) Saubers, Lotus 107/109, Jordan 191, and the Prost JS45 (gorgeous, fast, and I was gutted when Panis crashed). Surprised nobody really mentioned the West McLarens, I thought they looked great (and better than the crappy chrome ones of late). Plus the obvious - Rothmans Williams (FW18 was probably my favourite), Marlboro McLaren (MP4/7)

Memories of later cars are not so good, so for the pics in this thread, I'd just like to say thanks, because firstly the FW20 livery is a lot better than I remember (my memory was biased by the hideous FW21 livery). Also I had entirely forgotten the Arrows A19, and it was a stunner. Ditto the Minardi M01, what a fantastic looking car.

Loved the yellow B&H Jordans at the time, but don't think they have aged well. Always hated the gold B&H Jordan, sorry!
I think it's best when a livery complements the shape and vice versa. Therefore, my favs:

I always loved the 99 Stewart, I think they got their ribbons just right with a more angular car shape that year:

My fav Benetton was 1990. Stocky little bugger with some big block lines:

Maybe too late for this thread, but the best Jag was 04 when it got more aggressive:

And maybe the best ever:

^^^^^That's just dead sexy^^^^^^
The Stewart from 1999 was a beauty, it was essentially a carbon copy of the 98 McLaren with a pretty white livery and the tartan stripes.

Helps that it was a solid little car too.

Everyone always mentions the all black Arrows from 98 and the 2000> Orange liveried cars, but for me the 1999 car was a beauty that tops both.

The Benetton and BAR from 2000 are also some of my personal favourites.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I think every Arrows from 97 on looked mint. The 99 indeed was a beauty
i will have to side with Jordan fans, almost everything they made from 1991 to 2001 (just before they ceased using those nose paintjobs) were pretty.
The 1998 Arrows was great livery for sure. But I always thought the 1998 Prost was quite a sexy looking car as well. This isn't the best picture but that metallic blue livery looked stunning in the sun!

That 98 Prost is still a fugly car. The 99, 00 and 01 versions were much sexier with my favorite being the 00.

Also considering the handling inbalance the car had having "YaHoo" on the sidepod was particualry awesome.

Karan Wrote:
> The 1998 Arrows was great livery for sure. But I
> always thought the 1998 Prost was quite a sexy
> looking car as well. This isn't the best picture
> but that metallic blue livery looked stunning in
> the sun!
>
> [cr-images.de]
> 7%2724-073scan.jpg

I loved those 98-00 cars, Prost 98 was really cool back than for me personally.
Such a nice clean sexy car compared to the monsters we're subjected to in 2014...

This is my favorite effort from Jaguar

A BEAST

The one that never started a Grand Prix... Beautifull and intimidating race car

And of course
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy