Date: September 07, 2013 09:08AM
Posted by: Toki
06, 07, 08 September 2013
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
First held 1921

Circuit length 5.793 km (3.600 mi)
Race length 306.720 km (190.596 mi)
Laps 53
Most wins drivers: Michael Schumacher (5)
Most wins constructors: Ferrari (19)
2012 Winner: Lewis Hamilton *Mclaren Mercedes*

[url=

][/url][/center]

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
Re: 2013 Italian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 07, 2013 10:16AM
Posted by: gav
Loved the thermal onboard camera yesterday in praccy. Gives a nice visual representation of tyre load. It shows just how little a corner the likes of Curva Grande are now (obviously the modern version of Curva Grande is easily flat, but I thought there'd be more load on the tyres than that).
Date: September 07, 2013 04:38PM
Posted by: EC83
Really enjoyed quali, it was great to see so many cars so closely matched. Scope for a good close race, especially if it rains at any point.

Alonso seems to be having a meltdown at the moment. I've not seen him this pissed off since he was driving for Macca.

Also Lewis was too harsh on himself, he didn't even drive badly as such. I agree with what DC and others said.
Lewis is great in interviews when he's annoyed though. :D

Date: September 07, 2013 04:43PM
Posted by: J i m
More to the point... who pissed off the Hulk? That lap was epic.

Very intriguingly close throughout the field except that stuff needs to happen to make it interesting for the win.

Date: September 07, 2013 04:50PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More to the point... who pissed off the Hulk? That
> lap was epic.
Haha ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: September 07, 2013 05:07PM
Hulk did do an amazing lap, great for him at a time when there's a possible Ferrari seat up for grabs, and great for Sauber too.

Toro Rosso are looking strong as well, Ricciardo could have a very impressive result tomorrow as long as he calms down his cornering a bit.

Date: September 07, 2013 06:59PM
Undoubtedly an excellent lap, though it's perhaps worth remembering that the Sauber was pretty special here last year too. And half the teams seemed to catch themselves out.
Date: September 07, 2013 10:18PM
Posted by: ferrariman
My view of qualifying today and the race tomorrow. Don't hate me lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2013 10:21PM by ferrariman.
Date: September 07, 2013 10:59PM
I reserve my right to hate you ;-)

Date: September 07, 2013 11:11PM
I reserve my right to have the same opinion as Jim ;-)

GPGSL -
Date: September 07, 2013 11:15PM
ferrariman
My view of qualifying today and the race tomorrow. Don't hate me lol

You know the forecast isn't brilliant, right? ;-)
Date: September 08, 2013 10:25AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
isnt the guy at the end of raikkonens lap (who gets shown after norbert haug) Nico rosberg??

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2013 10:26AM by mitadumapaga.
Date: September 08, 2013 10:25AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
isnt the guy at the end of raikkonens lap (who gets shown after norbert haug) Nico rosberg??

[www.youtube.com]
Date: September 08, 2013 01:45PM
Posted by: Toki
Jean Alesi interviews the Top Three today!!! (Y)(Y)(Y)

And well F#*& YOU CHRISTIAN DANNER for complaining about Alonso's overtaking manouver against Webber

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2013 02:18PM by Toki.
Date: September 08, 2013 02:11PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
EPIC thermal imaging there. Poor di Resta...

YAY for Alesi. Good stuff.
Date: September 08, 2013 07:59PM
What a @#$%& boring race in the end. Promised a lot but delivered so little. Hate it when that happens.

To paraphrase Martin Brundle, there'll be calls to ban all Germans in blue cars soon. That was an immaculate performance from Seb, he's just a bit too good for anyone to touch at the moment.

Date: September 08, 2013 08:20PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
How was that boring? There was plenty of overtaking up and down the field and lots of close hand-to-hand racing. Just because Vettel streaked ahead doesn't mean the entire race is a write-off.

I'm very pleased to see this weekend from Hulkenberg. The Sauber just looks horrid this year, and a 5th place after qualifying 3rd will be a great fillip to his confidence. I'd love it if he could get a top drive for 2014.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: September 08, 2013 08:51PM
Yep, cracking race behind Vettel*, though if you can't pass at Monza with two DRS zones, something's seriously wrong.

I liked the fact that drivers being overtaken were able to fight back, so you had battles like Raikkonen and Hamilton interspersed with the drivers they were overtaken.

* People are comparing this to the Schumacher era, and in Vettel's case, that is ringing true, but with Schumacher's era the racing was also generally poor. At least behind Vettel we've got some battles going on, so we can just let him piss off in front and concentrate on the proper racing. ;)
Date: September 08, 2013 10:51PM
Regardless of what you may think, i reckon it's more interesting if there's actually some sort of battle for the win ;)

(I also think it's more interesting when rain hit an F1 race - so far this season (to my knowledge) it's not happened at all :( )

GPGSL -
Date: September 09, 2013 01:02PM
A battle for the win is the icing on the cake. However there can be only one winner and since there are currently 22 cars fielded in each Grand Prix we'd have to assume that most of the racing is going to take place outside of P1.

A race can still be greatly exciting regardless of the dominance of the leader if there are some good fights behind.

The Schumacher era wasn't always boring, perhaps the ease of his dominance in 02 and 04 got a bit tiring but there was still some good stuff going on behind between the likes of Raikkonen, Alonso and Montoya. I think today seems better because overall we have more drivers at the top of their games in cars which enable them to challenge.

I enjoyed the race yesterday. Sure, after about lap two we knew who was going to win, but very little was certain behind. Obviously Kimi and Lewis provided some excitement with their fightback after their enforced two stop strategies, but there was a decent scrap between the Toro Rossos, McLarens and Grosjean going on behind.

I think one of the most impressive parts of the race was Red Bull in the pits... they turned Vettel around in 2.6 seconds.. and they brought Webber in on the same lap (and he wasn't all that far behind to be fair) and they did his stop in 2.7 seconds. That's seriously impressive when you consider they only had seconds to get ready for Webber.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy