The 2014 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2014 Formula One Season
Date: October 03, 2014 09:13AM
Posted by: marcl
And today the latest is Vettel and Alonso will be swapping seats for next year.

I actually wonder if Alonso will sit out next year.
Date: October 03, 2014 09:26AM
Posted by: gav
marcl
I actually wonder if Alonso will sit out next year.

Unless his contract with Ferrari forbids him from doing so, a team like McLaren would jump at the chance, even if only for a year.
Date: October 03, 2014 10:26AM
Tbh it sounds like he is off to Mclaren as they are meant to have held talks again and are at an advanced stage.

Alonso and Button would make a strong team to get Honda up to speed, I think that is the line up they would go for.
Date: October 09, 2014 12:17PM
Posted by: madotter
More rumours suggest both Alonso and Vettel are off to McLaren (Source: ESPN F1)
Date: October 09, 2014 12:23PM
Vettel's going nowhere but Ferrari. It's just this ridiculously long silly season in overdrive.

It would be a mouthwatering prospect though!
Date: October 09, 2014 03:09PM
The latest one I read was Lewis is off to mclaren and Alonso to Merc.

Tbh Alonso needs to watch himself as lets be honest he is not getting much yonger. If I was merc I would go for a young driver like Bottas than take Alonso, Dan has shown at RBR that you dont need to be a world champ to win races and be good.

Also in a Merc I really do think Nico would beat Alonso.

I can see Alonso not racing next year.
Date: October 09, 2014 04:08PM
Yeah, the Hamilton-McLaren rumour (which was just a report on a single, not exactly well-established website) was shot down about an hour later by Niki. I still think there is a chance of one of them leaving this winter if the gloves come off again in the final races - at the moment it seems quite stable, but perhaps that's why Hamilton is stalling.

As to who would be the stronger if Alonso partnered Nico, it would have depended on the competitiveness of the car. Alonso isn't naturally the most gifted driver in F1 and never has been, so if the Mercs are miles ahead again Nico might have had a chance against Alonso, but if there were other cars scrapping with them every now and then, I could see Alonso wiping the floor with Nico. To be honest, I think Alonso's mental attitude would decimate Nico's and would come out on top regardless - for such a bright guy, Nico's not the clearest of thinkers (as has been clearly demonstrated this year) and a few mental jabs from Alonso might pull him to pieces.
Date: October 09, 2014 04:11PM
Yep which is the side of Alonso I did not like. Totally respect the guy in the car but out of it he plays too many games.
Date: October 09, 2014 04:35PM
I don't mind the games - if that what it takes to beat your teammate and it's all fair, that's fine by me. What wasn't fair was the games he and his trainer played in the pits in qually at the Hungaroring, but by then there were all sorts of games going on behind the scenes we didn't know about (going back to Monaco by the sounds of things) so who knows.
Date: October 09, 2014 05:16PM
Posted by: EC83
I'm inclined to go along with the observation Martin Brundle made after Suzuka quali that Fernando has shot himself in the foot and missed the bus(or buses) for 2015, and if the comments of Christian Horner and Niki Lauda that same day are anything to by, he's not exactly in demand for the top teams either.
If he can't get himself into the Macca seat, surely he'll be taking a year out and looking at 2016 for a comeback. (Personally I think it wouldn't hurt him to take a drive with a smaller team and spend a year outperforming the car and reminding everyone how good he actually is, rather than taking a year off.)
His career is on a major slide at the moment, it seems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2014 05:48PM by EC83.
Date: October 09, 2014 05:40PM
Posted by: Frantic
the lastest thing i heard is that Merc would not extend Lewis contract (that finishes in 2015), so Alonso would want a one-year contract with McLaren (they want Alonso 2 years in the team) to go to Mercedes in 2016.

Im 99% sure Vettel will end in Ferrari, even his dad now owns a California! (didnt MS drive a street Ferrari at Monaco in 1995? ;) ), If Mattiacci and Co. are restructuring the team from now I think they wont be so sure to release Alonso (as FA has a contract) if they can´t get another top driver.... but, if it is not the case I dont really know who would partner alongside Kimi

Date: October 09, 2014 05:48PM
Merc are saying they do want to keep Lewis so not sure where you read that?
Date: October 09, 2014 05:51PM
Last Saturday Niki was saying that they were currently in talks to extend Lewis's contract beyond 2015, so unless things have changed since then, that'll be what both parties are working towards.

Date: October 09, 2014 06:15PM
Posted by: Frantic
i heard it on local TV during last race, not really sure where did they get that! guess is more of pure especulation about if he and rosberg would clash again, started from the Alonso´s and Macca contract extension thing

Date: October 12, 2014 10:42PM
Saw this posted on another forum earlier...

I'm aghast.
Date: October 12, 2014 11:23PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Saw this posted on another forum earlier...
>
> [www.thisisgav.co.uk]
> so.gif
>
> I'm aghast.

[www.autosport.com]

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: October 27, 2014 12:09PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Marussia has entered administration and confirmed it will miss the US GP.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: October 27, 2014 02:06PM
Posted by: J i m
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marussia has entered administration and confirmed
> it will miss the US GP.

It has also emerged that there 'might' be a buyer for them.

Date: October 27, 2014 02:23PM
Apparently AMUS are reporting that Force India might not be able to run in America too due to them being behind in payments to Mercedes.
Date: October 27, 2014 02:27PM
Jeez. We might end up with another 6-car United States GP at this rate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy